Do you think the world will end on December 21st 2012?

• 139 results
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zajtalan

no

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Metric_Outlaw
@FluxWaveZ said:
" It better the Hell not because a week from then is my 19th birthday.  Edit: Oh wait, the 21st...  I still believe no, though.  And it would be tragic for the world to end 4 days before Christmas! "
I agree I'm cool with the week after but not before.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By LiquidPrince

The worlds not even supposed to end literally. It's a metaphor that builds on a much bigger conspiracy theory. It's a bit scary, but no I don't think it's gonna end.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By imhuntad

Who knows? It could, it couldn't. I'm gonna say no though. Just to be cool.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Druminator

prove it. until then, no.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By EvilTwin
@pwnasaurus said:
" it wont happen but if it does why does it matter we will all be dead whos going to complain "
That's ridiculous, don't be silly.  Someone always survives the apocalypse.  What would the apocalypse be without the post-apocalypse? 
shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By shaun832

No but I can't wait until that day to see everyone on the internet flip out!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By get2sammyb

No, but what is frightening is that feasibly it could end at any point.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Yukoei

Yes, just to piss people off.

Daftasabat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Daftasabat

I say no, but just in case i'll hold back on my christmas wants list, i'd hate all that money to be spent on me and i don't even get to play with me toys lol

Rirobuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By Rirobuge

Do I think the world is going to end? No. Now would I mind if it did? Not so much.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've been absolutely astounded by how the whole Mayan calender doomsday-prediction theory has caught on so widely. It's based on such absolute stupidity and yet so many people seem to believe it even after it being debunked by academics and even Mayan elders themselves. I don't know how this poll has got so many votes from people saying that they believe the world will end in 2012 but this has gotten ridiculous; I don't mean ridiculous to the normal extent, I mean ridiculous to the point where we have a movie about it!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By penguindust

The pole-shift theory suggests that it is at least possible.   Source

"The end of the fifth creation of the Maya calendar is on December 23, 2012 of the Current Era (C.E.2).That would be 12-21-12, It has to do with the movement of the earths axis where all of the planets line up. It will change the tides and start massive flooding. Not necessarily the end of the world just major change in “mother nature” that could result in devastating events."

The world won't end in 2012, however, it is possible that life as we understand it could end.  There are scientists who subscribe to the pole-shift theory.  Most of the time, the theories focus on the movement of the Earth's magnetic field, however there are those who believe that the Earth's physical rotation moves or tilts with the change.   But, even if it is just the magnetic field which sees change, that could radically alter life on our planet as we know it.  Currently, the magnetic field lines flow through the planet from the south pole to the north, but periodically, that flow reverses.  We know this because of the geological evidence recorded deep within the layers of rock.  Source.  All science as we understand it today suggests that these changes take thousands of years to occur.  But, sometimes nature makes rapid, violent shifts as it develops. 

The world might not be destroyed in 2012, but life as we know it may change on that date. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By HandsomeDead

December 11th 2012 is going to be absolute chaos if this thread is anything to go by.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By super_machine

No, the world will only end for the people who die on that day. The rest of us will just be another day like the rest.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#116  Edited By Atlas

No. Don't be silly.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By MeierTheRed

Who knows, i personally don't think it will. But i can't see into the future, and if it actually does end, not much we can do about it now is there.

Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By Ninja

No but I think it s possible there will be a Geomagnetic reversal.

I mean we don't know why the mayan calendar ended, people think its the end of the world but it could be when they predict a reversal of the poles and with this big solar flare predicted it might be possible, the flare will probably disrupt global communications in my opinion but if this will happen on December 21st then hell no!

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By pwnasaurus
@EvilTwin:
well then good for him there will be less overpopulation for him
Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By ApertureSilence

14.1% of the people that voted in this poll are idiots.

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Brockly46

nope

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Six

if enough people throughout history predict the end of civilization... someone will eventually pick the right date, but by the time it is figured out who was right... it will be too late.

Personally, I think the world will end on the day I die.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By VWGTI

No, that's silly talk.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By crunchUK

Who knows, maybe Obama will accidentally lean on the big red "LAUNCH NUKES AT WORLD" button on that day

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#125  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Yes,its gonna end.......

in 2 HOURRS.

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Eisen

It is always a possibility that the Sun will have activity that could cause all life on Earth to end or at the very least destroy our power infrastructure.  I don't believe there is any set date and it just comes down to chance.

QuarryCutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By QuarryCutz
@psyborg0815 said:

" Yes. "

@MattyFTM said: @L4wz said:
"

Do you think the world will really end on 2012?

"

I WIN

" Nope, it's going to end on Thursday. "

Amorfati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Amorfati

Let's be rational here: why the hell would the world end a few days before Christmas?

I rest my case.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

People like to say the Mayan calender says the world will end in 2012 but it doesn't.  It has things that are supposed to happen in 4725 or somewhere around then.  You shouldn't worry anyway.  You won't be around to see what happens anyway.
Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Dragonseer
@PenguinDust said:
" The pole-shift theory suggests that it is at least possible.   Source

"The end of the fifth creation of the Maya calendar is on December 23, 2012 of the Current Era (C.E.2).That would be 12-21-12, It has to do with the movement of the earths axis where all of the planets line up. It will change the tides and start massive flooding. Not necessarily the end of the world just major change in “mother nature” that could result in devastating events."

The world won't end in 2012, however, it is possible that life as we understand it could end.  There are scientists who subscribe to the pole-shift theory.  Most of the time, the theories focus on the movement of the Earth's magnetic field, however there are those who believe that the Earth's physical rotation moves or tilts with the change.   But, even if it is just the magnetic field which sees change, that could radically alter life on our planet as we know it.  Currently, the magnetic field lines flow through the planet from the south pole to the north, but periodically, that flow reverses.  We know this because of the geological evidence recorded deep within the layers of rock.  Source.  All science as we understand it today suggests that these changes take thousands of years to occur.  But, sometimes nature makes rapid, violent shifts as it develops.   The world might not be destroyed in 2012, but life as we know it may change on that date.  "
Yes, combine this with the knowledge that there will be huge 'solar storms' in 2012, and we could be in for quite a time.  The mayans spoke of 'epochs' or ages that culminated in times of destruction.  For example the world underwent significant transformation and destruction during a massive flood, thousands of years ago.  This epoch or age is meant to culminate in destruction by fire, and now science is hinting at this very same thing occuring.  In other words, the combination of the Earth's magnetosphere reversing coupled with solar radiation could cause massive havoc.  

And Obama is really the Antichrist, just thought I'd throw that in there.
ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ethan
@L4wz said:
"

Do you think the world will really end on 2012?

"
Why wouldn't it?
JDoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#132  Edited By JDoobs

No, I don't think so ... but I tell all the girls I know that it's true so they'll touch me.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Drebin_893

I think we should enjoy life while we can, but I don't think the world will end on that date.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said no, because the whole world ending on that date is complete garbage.  But it would be ironic if it does, seeing how there is a movie coming out about it.  Then it would be in poor taste, before it happened.  To be honest I think the idea of the movie is just dumb, I thought we were done shitty apocalyptic movies, although if it is due to zombies then its awesome.  But any way, no it will probably end up being like every other day, no big difference except you will have crazies screaming about he world ending or that it already did.  Which coincidentally is M. Night's new movie twist, the world has already ended and we are in the afterlife thinking we are alive, ohhhh what a twist.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#135  Edited By breadfan

As interesting as it sounds to read into ancient texts and calenders, no the world will not end.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@crunchUK said:
" Who knows, maybe Obama will accidentally lean on the big red "LAUNCH NUKES AT WORLD" button on that day "
That better be a joke motherfucker.
Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who really knows?

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Canberra

I say bring it.  No apocalypse has seen the likes of us. Smartest apes on the planet BABY!

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#139  Edited By wealllikepie

i dont see why so many people hate, but i can generally see why some people would believe it, looking at the world today...

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Djeffers03

exactly how many times have we been told the world will end?....... 
and how many time has it happened?............................................................