• 110 results
#1 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

I am 21 years old and I still enjoy waching cartoons. I've seen alot of them over the years, including all the seasons from The Grim Adventures of Billi and Mandy, pretty much any Scooby Doo cartoon and I am curently waching The New Looney Toons and Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated. Oh, and I've seen a ton of Ed,Edd and Eddy.

So I am curios if I am the only one or if there are any others that enjoy them too.

#2 Posted by Brians (1465 posts) -

Yes I still watch cartoons at age 24

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Of course. 
24 years old and Phineas & Ferb is awesome. 
Perry the Platypus rocks! 

#4 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

Of course. 24 years old and Phineas & Ferb is awesome. Perry the Platypus rocks!

I remember those. Yes, Perry is awesome. And his nemesis (forgot his name).

#5 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

I'm 28 and I still watch cartoons. Why do you have to stop watching cartoons at a certain age?

#6 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I used to when I was younger, but these days I only watch animated movies from Disney or Pixar, like Tangled or Kung Fu Panda. I also occasionally watch some anime if it's good, which means I stay away from most mainstream stuff and only pick the more mature-oriented movies like Sword of the Stranger, Jin-Roh or Perfect Blue. Those anime movies are often more intelligent than cartoons.

When I was younger though, I watched lots of Nickelodeon shows like Rocko's modern life, Hey Arnold, Ahhh! Monsters or Ren & Stimpy. When I was even younger, I watched the first anime shows available on TV, like Robin Hood or Cat's Eye.

Oh, nostalgia.

#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2656 posts) -

Yes, I'll leave it at that, or else people will probably get all rilled up...

PONIES! BITCHES!

#8 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (538 posts) -

Of course. Cartoons are awesome.

#9 Posted by mbr2 (570 posts) -

I hope you know "Brony" is a 4chan joke gone wrong. It's fucking creepy how many adults watch that shit.

#10 Posted by d_breeze (226 posts) -

Of course. I'll never get too old for Hey Arnold!, Darkwing Duck, and Fairly Odd Parents... There are more, but I especially I love those shows.

#11 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

No not really... unless you count anime... The new Avatar series was a bit disappointing...

#12 Posted by Illuminosopher (335 posts) -

I watch more animated stuff then I do live action stuff and I'm 30, and i believe I will continue this way for my entire life.

#13 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5854 posts) -

I sure do. 

just finished the first 2 seasons of Archer, and now I've decided to watch every episode of Hey Arnold!

#14 Posted by HarlechQuinn (450 posts) -

You are never too old to watch cartoons or animated stuff...

#15 Posted by AssInAss (2703 posts) -

Adventure Time is the best cartoon on right now, along with Legend of Korra.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

I watch anime, so sure.

#17 Posted by Village_Guy (2656 posts) -

@mbr2 said:

I hope you know "Brony" is a 4chan joke gone wrong. It's fucking creepy how many adults watch that shit.

I do know that it got it's start on 4chan as an ironic thing, but as it turns out a lot of people actually like the show, and so there was a great divide between the mods on 4chan and the "Bronies" - so we left and are never returning to 4chan - the community around it have grown much larger than what a site like 4chan can handle.

#18 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Regular show is awesome don't see a problem with watching good tv

#19 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Adventure Time is the shit.

#20 Posted by Deranged (1856 posts) -

I'm 20 and I love watching The Legend of Korra and Young Justice.

#21 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Yes, I don't know why anyone would even think that they are the only adult who watches cartoons.

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Only 90s and early 2000s Cartoons most of them super heroes cartoons from DCU and Marvel.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yea, I'm into cartoons.

#24 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

As long as they keep making good cartoons, I'll keep watching them.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (16106 posts) -

Well I have younger siblings so it's inevitable. Also if you count anime, they yes, I do.

#26 Posted by TinyGrenade (141 posts) -

Of course! It's like The Doctor said “There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”

#27 Edited by NegativeCero (3024 posts) -

I'll occasionally catch an episode of Adventure Time. Other than that, not really anymore. I recently tried watching an episode of the Fairly Oddparents and that convinced me that that show was only good to me as a kid. Or it never was.

#28 Posted by wjb (1687 posts) -

No. I stopped a few years ago for good.

It's not even a "I'm too old and I would be embarrassed if people found out" sort of thing; I'm just too old and have zero interest. The only show I might consider eventually is Archer, but I'm still way behind on other series so I probably will never get around to watching it.

The Simpsons got old. South Park became extremely formulaic. Family Guy stopped being funny years ago. Adult Swim is hit but mostly miss, plus it's on too late and I don't feel like taping any of it. I stopped watching any show technically geared toward kids years ago once I started high school -- not even ironically.

I casually got into anime in the 90's like everyone else, but grew out of it once I went to college. I know it's wrong to generalize, but anyone I knew that was really into anime creeped me out to some capacity.

#29 Posted by fetchfox (1333 posts) -

24 and loving shows like Adventure Time and The Venture Bros. I still watch older cartoons that I remember fondly from childhood, and anime occasionally.

#30 Posted by Nightriff (5238 posts) -

Yup. My wife and I when we are bored and just want to watch something quick before bed we throw on an episode of Arthur off Amazon Prime. Being huge fans of Arthur when we were kids its kinda a nostalgic throwback that we enjoy even though the newer episodes are shit compared to the original ones, Arthur basically sounds like a girl.

I also watch Amazing World of Gumball when I get a chance, I don't know why but I really enjoy that show. And every now and again I'll watch the first 120ish episodes of Pokemon, the puns are just too much, its fantastic.

#31 Posted by 49th (2812 posts) -

Only really watch Adventure Time or Regular Show.

#32 Posted by mordukai (7179 posts) -

Yes.I still have a soul.

#33 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

Some Family guy on occasion and I am 33 years old.

#34 Edited by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Adventure time is really good,

Regular show is really good

Gravity Falls is really good

The Ricky Gervis Show is really good (but ending :()

Transformers Prime is really good

Korra was good, though a little bland, especially when compared with Avatar which was fantastic

I still go back and watch reruns of Daria

#35 Posted by NegativeCero (3024 posts) -

@Nightriff: You just blew my mind. How is that show still going after 16 seasons. I used to love this show and the books as a kid.

#36 Posted by Nightriff (5238 posts) -

@NegativeCero: Yup and the episodes are terrible, why they decided to make Francine Jewish I have no idea (especially since they are poor...just saying)

#37 Posted by Sweep (8948 posts) -

Adventure Time, The Regular Show, The Legend Of Korra, Archer, Futurama... I probably watch more cartoons than standard television. I'm 23 and I have a full time job, I usually have something playing in a little window at the bottom of my second monitor at work. It's either cartoons or Dota livestreams, because I don't need to pay attention to either too much and they won't distract me from my work.

#38 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

i liek dragon bal z

#39 Posted by ProfessorK (825 posts) -

29 and still watching the animated funnies. Right now I'm actually revisiting X Men Evolution. I had watched the entire run of the 90's show not to long ago and while it was cheesy and a bit soap opera-ish, it's still a fun watch.

As for recent stuff, Black Dynamite bitches!

#40 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Yeah I still watch plenty, just watched season 1 of Bob's Burgers for the first time. I also enjoy some Archer, the older Simpsons and Futuramas, MLP, some miscellaneous anime, and Droopy the Dog.

Also, Detective Conan all day every day.

Case Closed.

#41 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

Yes.

#42 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

As a 28 year old I can say that cartoons are just as awesome today as they ever were.

#43 Posted by believer258 (12075 posts) -

I turn 21 in a few months and yes, I still watch cartoons sometimes. Mostly anime, but I've been thinking of revisiting Batman Beyond recently.

#44 Posted by kindgineer (2788 posts) -

Sometimes cartoons gives the best content and there is nothing wrong with enjoying them. I tend to dip my feet into "real" (for lack of a better word) shows less often than I do cartoons. I live life everyday and when I watch television it's usually an escape rather than a re-affirmation that life can sometimes be shitty. Not to mention, I really do not like the direction most television is going today with the base attributes of sex, dark, and violent visual styles and atmospheres.

#45 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

Hell yeah, I do. Animation is a fantastic art form.

Archer, South Park, Transformers Prime, a selection of anime, Young Justice, Spectacular Spiderman, the Bruce Timm DCAU stuff... all great shows.

I'll also occasionally watch an episode or two of the original Transformers or G.I.Joe for a nostalgia trip.

#46 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

sure! I just rewatched some teen titans episodes a while back

#47 Posted by Hunter5024 (5892 posts) -

I watch superhero cartoons like X-men Evolution and Teen Titans. I did stop watching the more comedy based shows as I grew older, though I expect I'd still find Spongebob funny if I caught an episode, and that new Looney Tunes show is surprisingly good.

@Video_Game_King said:

Yea, I'm into cartoons.

You're into cartoons? Whatever floats your boat man.

#48 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said: .

First thing I thought of from your response:

#49 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Yea, I'm into cartoons.

Huh? I don't get it. Are you implying, like, a sexual thing?

#50 Posted by Fattony12000 (7588 posts) -

I'm afraid that they have special camps set up for people like you.