Do Archer and South Park count?

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By sparks50

The Black dynamite series on adult swim is fantastic. Its even better than the movie was.

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Somnus

I sure do. Stuff like Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By natetodamax

Nope!

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

Just to see what the kids are into these days. There's something about animation in general that'll make me inclined to watch it, even if I do admit that it sucks.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#106  Edited By Slag

When I feel like it.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#107  Edited By artofwar420

YEOP. I like cartoons.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#108  Edited By pyromagnestir

Why is this not a poll?

I watch Archer. That's the only cartoon I watch regularly. I'll watch the occasional anime. Sometimes I'll wake up to the cartoon network, usually if I'm sick of waking up to ESPN. Shit like this:

is alright when you're groggy.

edit: oh right. I'm 26. Forgot to mention that.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By ssj4raditz

Yes. I am 31 and still enjoy a good toon.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I'm 28 and just started watching Transformers: Prime, and I believe it is the single best piece of Transformers content ever made that wasn't a comic.

G1 still looks better, but whatevs.

amberun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I do watch cartoons. I watch tiny tunes adventures, the legend of korra and avatar too. These cartoons are pretty fun to watch. Cartoons are like relaxing for me after a tiring day. My favs are scooby doo and looney tunes. They are funny and happy to watch cartoons.

voltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By voltan

I turn 41 this summer and yes I do.

Edit: I just noticed this was made 8 years ago.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd like to watch more, but they don't really make good action shows anymore. Everything is either comedy on TV or really extreme edgy violence on streaming. There are very few shows that split the difference the way Avatar used to do.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched Invincible. I thought it was extremely good.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By bybeach

I did an arc through Adult Swim, and am capable of doing it again. I think that approach is pretty ageless.

Also I watched Death Note on the BigMovieSite. But when I realized it was just going to do a clear the board and reset, I lost interest. I guess I was wrong about that, because it has to have seasons, but hey...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach: Death Note only has two seasons, but yeah, the second isn't as good.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to watch more, but they don't really make good action shows anymore. Everything is either comedy on TV or really extreme edgy violence on streaming. There are very few shows that split the difference the way Avatar used to do.

A lot of that is due to creators realizing that the people who are watching cartoons are not just kids--they're adults. More importantly, they are adults with spending power.

Netflix has quite a few shows that might fit your needs. The Dragon Prince is pretty much the go to example since its made by the creators of Avatar.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Regular Show remains one of my absolute favorite shows of...all time? Ever? It's one of the few long-ish running shows that actually grew, changed, and then ENDED in a really, really satisfying way. And it goes absolutely NUTS in its final season.

@bybeach: It is BONKERS how well Aqua Teen Hunger Force holds up.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who count anime as "cartoons": Not really. There's plenty on the plan-to-watch list, but the motivation isn't there. I mainly get my anime fix from video games and video editing these days.

As for traditional cartoons in a western sense: Still, no. Watched a few episodes of Rick & Morty, but fell off due to one game release or another. Re-watched the first couple of seasons of Family Guy, but the novelty of using Hulu wore off. If anything, I'd watch Teen Titans since Raven is apparently my spirit animal.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: You should watch Close Enough. Same creator of Regular Show. It's slightly more mature, but also feels like it could fit at home on Cartoon Network.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For me, not much.

My personal favorite cartoon of all time is Transformers G1.

Geezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Gravity Falls, Bless the Harts, and Big City Greens are good ones

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the old cartoons there. Just the new ones stink! Just saying.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just caught an episode of Kid Cosmic. Really fun and endearing. Super limited animation, but the crazy strong posing and framing makes it all work. Gorgeous backgrounds too.

@kemuri07: Close Enough is damn good

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Currently watching the Bad Batch on Disney Plus and enjoying it. Also really loved the new Harley Queen animated series.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

Only really watch Adventure Time or Regular Show.

8 years later - same.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#130  Edited By Tom_omb

Check out Genndy Tartakovsky's (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack) new show Primal. A caveman and his dinosaur pal knock heads and spill blood. Fantastic cinematic action and visuals, without any pesky talking to weigh it down.

The new Animaniacs was great, although I missed the larger cast of the old show.

Netflix's Kid Cosmic from Craig McCracken (Power Puff Girls) is a blast too. A grounded, but fun and surprising action hero team show.

carolineparker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh new cartoons are pretty shit as compared to the old ones. The real ogs were scooby doo, courage the cowardly dog, recess, phineas and ferb, looney tunes, tom and jerry and the list goes on.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Adventure Time is my favorite show of all time, and the HBO specials they've dropped over the past year are all phenomenal. Most of my tattoos are adventure time themed actually. Batman Beyond holds up still, honestly better than BTAS IMO. I can't handle the old stuff like I wish I could, lots of the old Nicktoons stuff is still fine, but not enjoyable to sit down with on purpose as an adult.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not regularly. When Avater & TLOK arrived on Netflix and went through them for the nostalgia and I watched through highlights of Clone Wars once it's final season dropped. I used to watch the big anime like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and fell off of those before they ended (one piece is going on forever and I bored of the formula a loong time ago) and I've never been grabbed by newer stuff. As for American "adult" comedy like Archer or Bojack Horseman I watched a few seasons and liked them although I fell off them as well so not currently watching anything.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah as am a 46 year old woman and still love them. Tisk Tisk!

waseemgondal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, I'm still watching cartoon. Now guess what my age? So you would be shocked that My age is 27 and I'm still watching cartoon before going to work, cartoon makes my day instead of any music or Movies.

adeelnikama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I still 'watched' cartoons (aimed at children) when I was 18 tbh. At that age I didn't sit down with my face glued to the screen, I mainly just had them on in the background while I did other things.

adeelnikama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I still 'watched' cartoons (aimed at children) when I was 18 tbh. At that age I didn't sit down with my face glued to the screen, I mainly just had them on in the background while I did other things.