• 146 results
Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Do you wear socks at home? (463 votes)

Yes 57%
No 43%

This is something I wound up talking about with my friends a while ago. To my surprise, they all wore socks at home. I fucking hate socks and one of the high points of my day is taking them off when I come home. Am I weird, or are there other people who like being bare feet at home?

#1 Edited by Tireyo (6445 posts) -

Not really.

#2 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

If it's cold, yes. But, I live in a tropical island so that almost never happens.

#3 Edited by ShaggE (6543 posts) -

Yeah, I like socks. The downside is that they get worn out much quicker, but hey.

Edit: Other downside is that my rats are obsessed with socks, so many surprising toe-nips when they're out getting exercise. :P

#4 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Pretty much always, except when sleeping.
I have 2 dogs and a cat.. don't like having hairy feet

#5 Edited by CaLe (4018 posts) -

Hard cold floors in my house so socks are necessary for survival.

#6 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

Absolutely not. Fuck socks.

#7 Posted by wjb (1674 posts) -

Occasionally. When it's cold.

#8 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

Hell no. Socks are bullshit except when worn with shoes. If it gets cold during winter I wear slippers.

#9 Posted by TheRookie727 (65 posts) -

All the time

#10 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

Sometimes, hell I just took my socks off because its hot...

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -

Always, except when I'm showering (obviously)

#12 Posted by villainy (564 posts) -

No. Fuck footpants.

#13 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

yup. all day every day.

#14 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

Do I look like a fucking animal?

#15 Edited by kaos_cracker (623 posts) -

I take my socks off before I go to bed. If I didn't go anywhere then my socks wont be on. It varies for me.

#16 Posted by Stonyman65 (2756 posts) -

Only when I'm wearing shoes. Sometimes when I take my shoes off I keep my socks on (just because I have tile in my house and I don't want my feet to get dirty) but I don't do that often.

So no. Unless I do.

#17 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

They need to breath

#18 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

No, I'm not a terrible person.

#19 Posted by ConfusedOwl (952 posts) -

If I have clean socks than I almost always wear them.

#20 Posted by benspyda (2038 posts) -

When it's cold I where socks and when it's warm I don't. It's this little thing known as common sense.

#21 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

Yes, all the time. Poor circulation leads to my feet feeling cold all the time. Also, I feel terribly 'exposed' when I'm bare-footing it.

#22 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

in the winter, yes. It's cold.

In the summer, no. It's hot.

#23 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1062 posts) -

Most of the time no, because i have been wearing shoes and walking all day at work so my feet get a little sweaty, so it is more comfortable to take them off when the shoes come off. But on weekend i may put socks on for walking around the house because it is more comfortable then bare feet i feel, but i still often don't just because i have nice warm hardwood floors and putting them on just means more laundry.

#24 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1783 posts) -

Socks and shoes. Always be ready.

#25 Posted by Zella (773 posts) -

No until I go out then yes cause I'm use to them and don't bother taking them off until going to sleep. Almost all of my house is hardwood so even in the winter it's not that cold. People who wear socks to bed weird me out though, could never imagine doing that.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (9306 posts) -

Is it cold and I don't want to turn on the heater? Then Sure.

Is it anything else? Then No.

#27 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3809 posts) -

@soldierg654342 said:

John McClane over here.

To answer the question, yes. My feet are ALWAYS cold if I'm not wearing socks. The only time I'm not wearing socks is when I'm taking a shower.

#28 Posted by Jay_Ray (1109 posts) -

I wear shoes 100% of the time, even when having sex (no not really)

#29 Posted by Redbullet685 (6051 posts) -

I don't put them on to lounge around at home, but if I go out and come back home I usually keep them on until I go to sleep.

#30 Posted by Morningstar (2185 posts) -

Im wearing socks right now.

#31 Posted by benspyda (2038 posts) -
@jay_ray said:

I wear shoes 100% of the time, even when having sex (no not really)

But not on your feet....

#32 Posted by SMTDante89 (2596 posts) -

I usually do right up until I'm about to head to bed. A shedding dog equals a pretty dirty floor. The next morning, I'll wear sandals/flip flops.

#33 Posted by TechHits (1384 posts) -

Do I look like a fucking animal?

This could really be taken as ether yes or no

#34 Edited by wrecks (2283 posts) -

in the winter, yes. It's cold.

In the summer, no. It's hot.

#35 Edited by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

"They're like feet-pants!" Putting on shoes and socks is the last thing I do before I leave the house, and taking them off is the first thing I do when I get home. I hate them. I usually take them off right when I get to a friends house too. I knew this one girl whose entire family wore socks and shoes all day no matter where they were. They put them on right after their shower, and took them off right before bed, leaving their socks on while sleeping. She was disgusted by bare feet because of this, and thought it was repugnant when I took my shoes off. Obviously I stopped associating with her posthaste.

#36 Posted by mlarrabee (2990 posts) -

The number of people in this thread who walk around with their naked, deformed feet touching the floors astounds me. Their derision of us sanitary and thoughtful people is equally astounding.

#37 Posted by Nights (615 posts) -

Only if it's cold. Unfortunately for me, it usually is. My extremities get cold easily so I usually have to sport the slippers. I never wear socks to bed.

#38 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

Shoes inside? Jesus christ

#39 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

The number of people in this thread who walk around with their naked, deformed feet touching the floors astounds me. Their derision of us sanitary and thoughtful people is equally astounding.

I know right, who only leaves their feet naked? May as well go all out

#40 Posted by Capum15 (4923 posts) -

Nope. I usually have a small blanket covering my legs or feet if I'm cold.

#41 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

In the winter, sure.

Right now, when it's averaging 105-109 degrees? Hell fucking no.

#42 Edited by Reisz (1517 posts) -

Only if I'm cold. No shoes though. I'm not a monster.

#43 Edited by Elwoodan (837 posts) -

always. if it was practical to wear socks in the shower I would.

#44 Posted by TheMasterDS (2082 posts) -

Was there a bombcast clip on this? I swear the bombcrew has discussed this before.

I haven't worn socks in ages because Vibrams. When I do have to wear socks because cold or shoes I don't keep them on at home.

#45 Posted by warpr (88 posts) -

I've started to wear flip flops around the house. I always hated flip flops but not wearing them was socially awkward during a few months in a coastal region in south america, and somehow the habit is still there now that I'm back in europe.

#46 Edited by mlarrabee (2990 posts) -

@benpicko: All of me naked, all of me touching the floor, all of the time.

It makes my co-workers uncomfortable, but once you try it you'll never go back.

EDIT: Now it's time to party like it's my 1999th post.

#47 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

The poll results shocked me. I figured it'd at least be weighing in at 80%+ at "Yes".

Then again, I'm one of those terrible people who'd be perfectly fine wearing socks and sandals.

#48 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Hell no. Unless I'm in a mood or my feet are cold.

#49 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1330 posts) -

Fuck no, that's ridiculous

#50 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

Yup, definitely - but only when it's cold. I have big comfy boot socks.