#1 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

So I decided I should excerise, up until now I barely do any apart from walk to work. I ended up browsing the Amazon range and bought a Shake Weight, it seems cheap enough that if it works great if it doesn't no big deal.

But I want to hear from your experiences, does it work or is it a scam?

#2 Posted by freakin9 (1109 posts) -

Well, I never thought I got a workout masturbating.

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Some things you should know -

1. It gets annoying since it only goes into sleep mode after you use it (not sure if you can turn the feature off).
2. You have to keep it stocked up with the cooling fluid it comes with so when you are done it can cool you off.
3. Make sure to keep change inside so it can dispense money for a cab fair once you are done.
4. Keep that fucking thing away from cleaning ladies, the shake weight is a cheating bastard.

#4 Posted by RUDEMIESTER (56 posts) -

They look naughty.

#5 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

They look completely....perverted. Just do a P90X or something.

#6 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

lol, i don't think it actually works. those $19.95 things are a scam. i have a shamwow that i use to dry the tiles in the shower and it doesn't really do that.

in the end, if you want to get fit you should go buy some dumbbells and start working out.

#8 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

if you wanna be good at giving handsjobs... yea sure.

#9 Edited by CaLe (3944 posts) -
They are a mainstay for a reason. Shit works.
#10 Posted by freakin9 (1109 posts) -

To be more serious you really should be doing full extensions in weight training. Not... shaking.

#11 Posted by Keldrath (48 posts) -

I've tried one. My inner 12 year old couldn't get over the naughty part of it. Rather hard to take the exercise seriously.

#12 Edited by tineyoghurt (358 posts) -

@CaLe said:

They are a mainstay for a reason. Shit works.

Those are some smart dumb-bells right there.

Anyhows, I don't know a thing about shake-weights, but I have tried a similar sort of thing called the PowerBall (registered tradmark, and so on). (It's basically a ball with a gyro-thingie in it.) I think that these things are fun for a little while, but the novelty will wear off.

I would say you should just get some good old-fashioned dumbbells, and add in some bodyweight exercises. And do look into cardio as well. Remember: Just do it. Swoosh.

#13 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

My girlfriend has two shake-weights. You'd be better off just buying regular dumb-bells.

#14 Posted by hoossy (933 posts) -

@Hizang:

The results you will get will be minimal. There just isn't a magic bullet to getting in shape. A descent set of weights is a great investment though, since you can hold onto them for the rest of your life. Just plop em in front of your tv and do some reps while sitting on your butt. Perfect...

#15 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

@iam3green said:

lol, i don't think it actually works. those $19.95 things are a scam. i have a shamwow that i use to dry the tiles in the shower and it doesn't really do that.

in the end, if you want to get fit you should go buy some dumbbells and start working out.

Damn, I always wanted a sham-wow and never got one, now you have destroyed my dream :(

#16 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Pfft. Exercise?

#17 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

He has 3 6s in his post count..

The devil uses shake weights!

#18 Posted by JacDG (2117 posts) -

Save up and get some normal dumbbells, or just join a gym, better value for money.

#19 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -

Just go jogging instead.

#20 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

#21 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (832 posts) -

@Dany said:

I miss the Happy Hour :(

#22 Posted by ToTheNines (701 posts) -

Better than shaking a small child

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9649 posts) -

No matter how beneficial it is I would feel really weird using it. I guess I'm just too immature. But also...

@Dany said:

#24 Posted by Goof (33 posts) -

Good luck. Let me know if you need a spot.

#25 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

Your not serious, are you?

#26 Posted by NegativeCero (2988 posts) -

Nope. I don't believe people have bought this to not laugh at its ridiculousness.

#27 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

You'll have more luck lifting the chair you're sitting in right now.