Does anybody listen to Weekend Confirmed?

• 57 results
EchoForge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By EchoForge

Something about Garnett Lee really irritates me. Granted, my favorite 4-person podcast outside of the Bombcast was the Garnett-Shane-John-Luke 1Up Yours, but Garnett, for all his enthusiasm, didn't click with me, and after listening to a few episodes of WC, I had to stop. As I suspected for a while, Garnett admitted on the first post-1Upocalypse 1Up Yours that he often took controversial stances just to get the other side's point across, but I just don't really appreciate when someone tries to argue a side they don't believe in, even if it's for the best of intentions. Plus, his 'that's what she said'-esque sex jokes and drunken Garnett Lee during E3 podcasts and the like don't really work with me either. 
striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Weekend Confirmed's last episode came this weekend to anyone interested. It was pretty sad but cool to hear almost everyone that's been on the show.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I might have to check it out. I listened to it for like, a year; up until several months ago because I didn't have the time.

I am a 1up-community expat, so I always enjoyed Garnett Lee's podcasts, but I guess his personality eventually got old at times. Too much whining; too much Devil's Advocate; too much bringing up his girlfriend in unrelated conversations.

Still like the guy, though, and Jeff and Jeff were always fun to listen to.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By striderno9

Agreed. I like Garnett a lot and though he did play too much devil's advocate, and whine too much at times, and bring up his girlfriend randomly, I was always still fan though. Sounds like he starting a new show eventually.

mayooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do. i don't get the hate for Garnett Lee. To me he's not the most annoying one. it's Spicer that i can't stand. i'll miss WC.

TERMINATOR_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TERMINATOR_FAN

Bombcast was the damn stuff.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I tried off and on but the two main male hosts speak too effeminately to listen to, the guest female host is annoying, and the podcast is way too Nintendo and Pokemon centric. 2 out of 5

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I can't believe I listen to all of it.

@wjb said:

I might have to check it out. I listened to it for like, a year; up until several months ago because I didn't have the time.

I am a 1up-community expat, so I always enjoyed Garnett Lee's podcasts, but I guess his personality eventually got old at times. Too much whining; too much Devil's Advocate; too much bringing up his girlfriend in unrelated conversations.

Still like the guy, though, and Jeff and Jeff were always fun to listen to.

me too, but what really worked about 1up was no one respected garnett, so when he would do a Devil's Advocate moment someone would call him out on it. Everyone on Shacknews was way too young and lacked experience to even speak up to Garnett's seniority.

Just reminded when Shane Bettenhausen mentions Halo running on a PS2 then Luke Smith goes "I should have never told you that." Just like little nuggets of really fascinating things never happened on Weekend Confirmed. Nothing on par with like Shawn Elliott talking about his GTA San Andreas online adventures on Role Playing servers.

Loading Video...

Just felt like guys were forced to talk about these topic and in this format that's standar. And then Garnett would do these fake rants because he got a jist of it off of a neogaf post and no one calls him out on it. It felt like a bad club house with people way too old to be doing this.