Does anyone actually like Keith Olbermann?

BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BODDAH

He's disgusting. In all the years I've watched him, I've never once seen him say something positive about a Republican or, for that matter, something negative about a Democrat other than HRC.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why NBC puts him in the 8:00 slot. SOMEONE has to be watching him for them to continue to air his show.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fresh2deafbill

what is there to say about republicans that's positive. well they want to tax the poor and send young Americans to war to die for oil. i don't love olbermann and i don't watch the countdown very often but at least he's better than all of Fox news

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac
fresh2deafbill said:
"what is there to say about republicans that's positive. well they want to tax the poor and send young Americans to war to die for oil. i don't love olbermann and i don't watch the countdown very often but at least he's better than all of Fox news"
This is true, for the most part. However, Kieth Olbermann can be annoying.
fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fresh2deafbill
Arkthemaniac said:
"fresh2deafbill said:
"what is there to say about republicans that's positive. well they want to tax the poor and send young Americans to war to die for oil. i don't love olbermann and i don't watch the countdown very often but at least he's better than all of Fox news"
This is true, for the most part. However, Kieth Olbermann can be annoying."
ya like i said i don't watch his show every night but I'd watch that before the o'reilly factor any day.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Well yeah. I'd probably rather watch a fat woman's child birth for 100 hours straight more than the O'Reilly Factor.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Colonel_Cool

He seems like a pretty big troll.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fresh2deafbill
Arkthemaniac said:
"Well yeah. I'd probably rather watch a fat woman's child birth for 100 hours straight more than the O'Reilly Factor."
hahaha. hell ya
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Pibo47

wow, maybe you guys have been drinking a little to much koolaid.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Bennyishere

I agree with most of his opinions. With people like Bill O'Reilly polluting the airtime, it's nice to have someone on the opposite end, even if he's just as biased and aggressively opinionated. And yes, people do watch him. Countdown is the highest rated show on MSNBC.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Megalon
BODDAH said:
"He's disgusting. In all the years I've watched him, I've never once seen him say something positive about a Republican or, for that matter, something negative about a Democrat other than HRC.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why NBC puts him in the 8:00 slot. SOMEONE has to be watching him for them to continue to air his show."
If you don't like him, why have you been watching him for YEARS?
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silverain
fresh2deafbill said:
Tax the poor and send young Americans to war for oil, huh?

What kind of idiot are you, exactly?

The Democrats pull for the higher taxes (you kinda need higher taxes for a bigger government), the rich already pay a massive amount of the country's taxes, and last I checked, Dems wage war, too, and we are in no war for oil.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RetroIce4
Pibo47 said:
"wow, maybe you guys have been drinking a little to much koolaid."
Can I have some of that Purp? (purple FLAVOR) ...kool-aid that is.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By xruntime
Silverain said:
"fresh2deafbill said:

The Democrats pull for the higher taxes (you kinda need higher taxes for a bigger government), the rich already pay a massive amount of the country's taxes, and last I checked, Dems wage war, too, and we are in no war for oil.
"

No, actually, if you looked at the statistics, for most Americans - that is, the middle and poor class - taxes will be reduced. Those with the most money will be taxed the most. On the contrary, McCain's plan rewards the rich more than the poor - and its not an even percentage. Democrats will wage war as a last resort but Obama has explicitly put diplomacy first while McCain has been consistently calling for the use of force in settling world matters.

Republicans hate Olbermann. Democrats hate O'Reilly. Life is life.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fresh2deafbill
Silverain said:
"fresh2deafbill said:

"
no war for oil?! bill o'reilly, the most republican person on the face of the planet, has admitted that this is a war on oil.

a bigger government is exactly the opposite of what this country needs right now as the government has flat out torn this country apart.

yes democrats wage war. AT SOME POINT IN A COUNTRIES LIFE WAR HAPPENS. you can't stop that.

rich people don't pay a penny more than a poor person does

so the next time you call someone an idiot how about you look in the fuckin' mirror u moron
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac
fresh2deafbill said:
"Silverain said:
"fresh2deafbill said:

"
no war for oil?! bill o'reilly, the most republican person on the face of the planet, has admitted that this is a war on oil.

a bigger government is exactly the opposite of what this country needs right now as the government has flat out torn this country apart.

yes democrats wage war. AT SOME POINT IN A COUNTRIES LIFE WAR HAPPENS. you can't stop that.

so the next time you call someone an idiot how about you look in the fuckin' mirror u moron
"
Democrats generally push for bigger government, actually, while Republicans push for self-government. The country does need the government, it just needs the government to do some goddamn good for once. Hopefully it's capable of that.
fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fresh2deafbill

one can only hope this country will wise up

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By dr_nefarious
fresh2deafbill said:
"Silverain said:
"fresh2deafbill said:

"

"
Actually Bill O' reilly is an independent, nice try though. Just because someone of a certain position when it comes to talking about politics on national television who basis his opinion does not mean it's true. The man does not even take place in foreign affairs.  Even so you could claim to be a republican and not even get your facts straight. Yes the taxing system does seem to aim at the weathy even if they do work hard for it. By the way what's with the name calling? there is no need for that and you're more likely to be taken less seriously because of it.
bigpig33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigpig33

unless u take a side u dont get ratings.  that is why no one cares about anderson cooper

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HitNRun

Olbermann used to be funny, then someone must have told him he was smart enough to be a serious analyst, now he's just annoying.

simp2283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By simp2283

Olbermann should be fired. Msnbc thought his show would have better rating's then Bill O Rily's show and it never has. He just sounds like a bitter little girl all the time. I love when he makes these long speech'es as if he were the voice of wisdom. This guy is an annoying ass wipe. He should have stayed in sports. Guess when you give out hum jobs you can get any job.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ryanwho

He's so petty and far up his own ass. It wouldn't be so bad if there was tension. I can watch, say, O'Rielly, cus he invites people on who absolutely oppose everything about him so if nothing else its dramatic. Keith's guests, conversely, are basically obliged to nod politely at Keith's feathery soapbox leftist rhetoric. Now that Russert's gone the whole network's a pretty big joke.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Omega

The universe is about balance. Everything has its Nemesis.

Therefore if there is a Bill O'Reilly there must be a Kieth Olbermann. If you kill Bill O'Reilly, Keith Olbermann would cease to exist.

It is the way of the Universe.

And yes I like Olbermann, but I find that he tries too hard to be funny, which he shouldn't. He's on a news channel, if he wants to try comedy he should apply for a time slot on Comedy Central.

Its nearly as bad as that 1/2 hour news hour, abortion, on Fox news. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By xruntime

LOL @ calling Bill O'Reilly an independent. Thats what they all say.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho

A lot of people who never ever have seen O'Rielly's show sure do have strong opinions on it. If your only insight is Kieth's daily jab aka "worst persons", well you're missing quite a bit and you might want to consider watching the show and getting and informed opinion. I agree with almost nothing he says but his show is just more entertaining. That's why the ratings are high, people who don't like him watch him as well because he goes nuts every other debate. Its just great. Kieth would be great, too, if he had the balls to invite people on who think he's full of shit.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Omega
ryanwho said:
"A lot of people who never ever have seen O'Rielly's show sure do have strong opinions on it. If your only insight is Kieth's daily jab aka "worst persons", well you're missing quite a bit and you might want to consider watching the show and getting and informed opinion. I agree with almost nothing he says but his show is just more entertaining. That's why the ratings are high, people who don't like him watch him as well because he goes nuts every other debate. Its just great. Kieth would be great, too, if he had the balls to invite people on who think he's full of shit."
It may be more entertaining, but it doesn't make it real news. Unfortunately lots of his fans don't realize that.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho

Neither is a legitimate news source. Its editorializing. Its not unlike sermons at church. Someone with a more eloquent vocabulary parroting your pre-existing sentiments. I kind of feel bad for anyone who actually uses either show to get real news. They're both supposed to be entertaining (Kieth's show is broken up into segments based on theme, closer resembling a late night show or variety hour than real news) but only one is. Both could be if Kieth was able to take lumps live and be a smug knowitall to his critics off-script.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By OGCartman

I have never seen him.