This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (5 posts) -

I just bought it a few hours ago and damn! I love everything about it, graphics, story-line and realism. Anyone agree here?

#2 Edited by mosespippy (4461 posts) -

I'm not sure realism is a word that I would use to describe a Call of Duty game.

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (5 posts) -

MW3 and Black Ops II are the most realistic IMO. That's how warfare is like, right?

#4 Posted by KarlPilkington (2778 posts) -

They have a cave troll.

#5 Posted by comicdude23 (5 posts) -

What?

#6 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

Yup, troll topic. Move on.

#7 Posted by comicdude23 (5 posts) -

Moving away from realism. It's the best COD right?

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (5 posts) -

@FirePrince said:

How am I trolling? It's my opinion.

#9 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

@comicdude23 said:

@FirePrince said:

OR IS IT?

#10 Edited by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

@killacam said:

@comicdude23 said:

@FirePrince said:

OR IS IT?

Dun dun duun.

Also, just so you don't get a bad representation of the GB community, I personally think 2 is the best COD.

#11 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I had the most fun with Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops. Really looking forward to Black Ops 2 after skipping Modern Warfare 3.

#12 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I liked Call of Duty 2 more.  

Also, no, it's not "realistic" at all. 
Nobody wants realistic games that blows your head up in real life when you get shot in the face. 
Authentic, maybe? I don't know.. Realistic is not the word I would use to describe a video game

#13 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

It was pretty good. It's like the Ass Cree Rev of the series. Possibly the best game in the series but most people are burned out on the formula by now.

#14 Posted by impartialgecko (1689 posts) -

Nope

#15 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Meh I'm thinking MW2 was the best.

#16 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

I flagged both your topics, fyi.

If you really wanna discuss this, try to present a more thought out argument.

#17 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

If by realistic you mean the graphics, then yeah it's a bit realistic. Other than that it's the most unrealistic.. thing, ever.

I agree that COD 2 was the best, nowadays it's shit, mainly because of the players:

#18 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

@DeF said:

haha You're a bigger douche than the OP.

#19 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@MideonNViscera said:

@DeF said:

haha You're a bigger douche than the OP.

better squash those worms while they're still young :P

#20 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

NO

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Black Ops 2 is the best cod, it has next gen graphics and multiplayer innovation as well as an amazing story and next gen graphics.

#22 Posted by believer258 (12203 posts) -

*Obligatory "CoD ain't realistic, and that ain't an opinion thing" comment*

Aside from that, no. I do not think that at all. In fact, I'd say Modern Warfare 3 is one of the worst. It's boring as hell. At least Black Ops really embraced the insanity and action-movie inspiration the series takes from and is a better game for it. MW1 did a lot to freshen up Call of Duty, something the series desperately needs now. But Modern Warfare 3 doesn't do a single thing, not one tiny little thing at all, of note. Nothing. It's so boring and so lifeless throughout it all. I mean, MW1 revolutionized the genre, WaW was a lot more character focused, MW2 upped the ante in terms of cool action scenes, and Black Ops made it pretty insane. MW3 just... does nothing. At all. And the multiplayer even cuts out the one interesting innovation that BlOps had - in BlOps, you gained money to unlock weapons instead of just experience, which paved the way for wager matches, which was a fucking great idea. Why didn't MW3 have that?

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

Black Ops or MW are probably the best COD games. I'll go with Black Ops.

#24 Posted by Kedi2 (255 posts) -

I like Call of Duty 2 the best.

#25 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Your silly

#26 Posted by Bobstar (321 posts) -

I think Call of Duty is the best Call of Duty game

#27 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

@FirePrince: So you've appeared again have you... I knew this day would come!

Anyways, despite the fact that I platinum'd MW2, I for some reason didn't even pick up MW3. I mean, I'd like to play it, I just for some reason never got it.

#28 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I never played MW3 but I have played black ops. I enjoyed it for awhile and had fun but got bored of it.

#29 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

@LiquidPrince:

Oh man. I feel watched. Anyways, is ArabPrince still around? My stay here might be yet again a brief one.

#30 Posted by mosespippy (4461 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

I liked Call of Duty 2 more. Also, no, it's not "realistic" at all. Nobody wants realistic games that blows your head up in real life when you get shot in the face. Authentic, maybe? I don't know.. Realistic is not the word I would use to describe a video game

Maybe a flight simulator or racing simulator, possibly even a golf game, but certainly not any game that has a gun in it.

#31 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Call of Duty 3 is the best one, sir.

#32 Posted by Vextroid (1429 posts) -

I would rank Black Ops above all post 4 CoD's (including 4).

#33 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Not I.

COD4 baby.

#34 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Ahaha

#35 Posted by Willza92 (272 posts) -

IMO CoD4 offered the best SP, Blops offered the most fun in MP and MW3 did a lot for me in terms of coop (I am not a zombies fan). However Black Ops 2 will be the best CoD for 1 reason:

Trent

Motherfucking

Reznor.

#36 Posted by AltonBrown (947 posts) -

Yo, Big Red One is the best.

#37 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

@comicdude23 said:

MW3 and Black Ops II are the most realistic IMO. That's how warfare is like, right?

...and this is where I became convinced that nothing about this topic was serious or worth discussing further. Therefore, a lock seems in order.

Also, CoD:2142's the best. Fact.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I had a better time with CoD4 than any other game in the series. And none of them are realistic at all.