Does anyone here actually believe what Mitt Romey says?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I'm not American but am really interested in American politics and international policy. I just can't see Romney having a chance in hell against Obama, most republican candidates in the past I didn't agree with but at least they stuck to their guns, Romney just seems to change his mind each week to appeal to the crowd in front of him on any given night. He said he wanted to cut FEMA and let states deal with it, this would have been a huge cost on New Jersey if this happened when Romey was president, I also can see a lot of republican women secretly voting for Romney the way he constantly belittles and talks down to them. His own party calls him a liar and is notorious for flat out lying and "flip-flopping".

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

He is one of the weakest Republican nominees I have ever seen. The guy is a joke and it seems like the entire Republican party is going through some crazy times.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By darkvare

i belive he hates gay people

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Not sure. I've never heard the man speak (have not been paying attention to either party)

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By GS_Dan

Living in the UK and only frequenting pretty liberal websites, I feel like I cannot contribute.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheHumanDove

I find it hard to believe most politicians, but Romney is well up there.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268

Is he the guy who thought women who were raped couldn't give birth? Had a pretty good laugh at that.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Fox News is the most viewed news channel in the US. What do you think?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colourful_hippie

I hope not. One could say the same about Obama because although he may seem like he wants to do something good he will just end up "compromising" it away in yet another failed attempt of bipartisanship.

As for Mitt Romney though he's something on a different level. You have a serious flaw if you can actually take the shit that comes outta his mouth as truth.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By amir90

All politicians lie.

If you think of know one that doesn't, then you haven't paid attention.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clstirens

@AlexanderSheen said:

Fox News is the most viewed news channel in the US. What do you think?

Don't remind me

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvare said:

i belive he hates people

Fixed for M.I.T.T.-bot. He envies our fleshy organs. His metallic heart seethes with rage.

At least Obama lies to the voters with some flair and emotion

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jams

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I'm not American but am really interested in American politics and international policy. I just can't see Romney having a chance in hell against Obama, most republican candidates in the past I didn't agree with but at least they stuck to their guns, Romney just seems to change his mind each week to appeal to the crowd in front of him on any given night. He said he wanted to cut FEMA and let states deal with it, this would have been a huge cost on New Jersey if this happened when Romey was president, I also can see a lot of republican women secretly voting for Romney the way he constantly belittles and talks down to them. His own party calls him a liar and is notorious for flat out lying and "flip-flopping".

We'll never know if a candidate is telling the truth until he or she gets the job, then we can see if they were lying or not. Also, since when did changing your mind ever get to be such a bad thing? Would you rather have the president be pig headed in what he thinks and never change his mind even when he knows he's wrong? Or should he change how he views things when he gets more information on the subject? Obama changed his mind about supporting gay marriage a couple months ago. Then he needed votes so he was all, yeah I support gay marriage. Which is fine, but that's the same kind of flip flopping the idiot media is slamming their candidate of choices competition for.

I'll tell you what, I almost voted for Obama in 2008 because it was the first time a candidate was saying how they shouldn't trade blows and mud sling bullshit to each other. He claimed he was going to get rid of class warfare. It's been the polar fucking opposite of that in his 2012 ads and speeches. Where the fuck did all that go? Out the window because he want another 4 years and he'll say anything to get it.

So maybe let's get another guy to fuck us over for 4 years, maybe he'll leave some flowers after.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgnosticJesus

He is like a used car salesmen saying whatever is necessary to make the sale. He has campaigned as a conservative right winger and then at the debates tries to portrays himself as a middle of the road moderate. His odds of being elected are relatively low, Obama - 79% to Romney's 21% according to esteemed statistician Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight, who has correctly predicted past election results he has analyzed. The general election will be close but Obama is heavily favored in the Electoral College. As an American in the swing state of Ohio who has been inundated with negative TV ads and robo calls, I can't wait for this fucking election to be over.

puddlesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By puddlesworth

@amir90 said:

All politicians lie.

If you think of know one that doesn't, then you haven't paid attention.

While this is nominally true it's silly to pretend that it's equally true for all politicians.

All people lie, but it's important to look at how often they lie and how bad those lie's are.

Using that measure Romney's lying is some next level shit. I'd be impressed if there wasn't the horrifying non-zero probability of him actually becoming president.

puddlesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By puddlesworth

@Jams: That's absurd, we can definitely tell if something is a lie before they take office.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By imsh_pl

He's a politician. Politicians don't benefit from telling the truth.

I mean, christ. It's not like people don't know this stuff. Politicians lie in order to get in office and do pretty much whatever the hell they want for the following 4 years.

Voting does not change anything.

No Caption Provided

@Puddlesworth said:

@Jams: That's absurd, we can definitely tell if something is a lie before they take office.

Politician X says 'I will do Y the moment I get in office'.

How do you know whether he's lying or not?

Trains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Trains

Both Romney and Ryan are against abortion, even if it's rape/incest related. Romney is all for family values and the rich people. He's also againt the legalisation of marijuana for all you grasshoppers! But at the end of the day he really ain't all that bad lololol

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm finding it really entertaining watching his dumb ass try and pretend to love FEMA after he said it should be dismantled and handed to the states in the primary. Now that the costliest hurricane ever just hit our shores, he loves FEMA, guys.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jams

@DharmaBum said:

His recent canned goods photo op was pretty pathetic/hilarious.

oh you mean this one? Or maybe you meant this other one?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By renmckormack

@Jack268: no he's not that guy. The problem with Romney is that he has to make believe he is a far right wing GOP guy when in MA he was relatively moderate. In fact instituted basically a good working version of state funded healthcare in Massachusetts when he was governor But now has to say that state healthcare is terrible when its done on a national level to toe the GOP line. Its an odd flip flop that he has to do along with a number of others... Not to say that Obama is more believable frankly when he didn't even close Guantanamo, as he promised, even though he could have done so with an execute order but that's another story all together.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkvare

@imsh_pl: well if he is moving his lips he is lying YEAAAHHH!!!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By imsh_pl

@darkvare said:

That certainly seems to be the pattern among pretty much every politician in history.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Well, I know one group of people that certainly don't:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsh_pl said:

@darkvare said:

That certainly seems to be the pattern among pretty much every politician in history.

Well unless those lips are moving cause they're kissing the asses of the people bankrolling them

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By JasonR86

I hear he's 10 ft. tall and has arms like stove pipes.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaLe

He is a shell of a man that will say anything to get votes. I don't trust him and neither should you.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RazielCuts

The fucked up thing is not even the Tea Party people like him but they're just going to vote for him because they don't like Obama.

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By labman

I don't believe anything, any politicians say.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Draxyle

I have never seen a more two-faced or "fake" politician. They all lie, of course, but not nearly to such a transparent degree as Mitt. You can pretty much take a video clip of everything he's said in the debates and find another video within the last year that directly contradicts it.

The sad thing is, he has to be this way. Conforming to the increasingly stringent standards of the party platform was the only way to win the nomination, but conforming to those standards on the national scale is a political death sentence. Because of that, it's almost impossible to tell what Romney himself actually wants and how much he'll bow down to the party ideals.

Not voting for Obama is something I can totally understand, but I can find no redeeming value in a Romney presidency. I don't know how anyone can be confident in someone who changes positions on a weekly basis to appease the crowd in front of him.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By imsh_pl

@RazielCuts said:

The fucked up thing is not even the Tea Party people like him but they're just going to vote for him because they don't like Obama.

Could say pretty much the same about Romney opponents voting for Obama.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sanity

I dont like either of them, Oboma has done very little good in his 4 years and Romney dosen't look any better. I think were screwed.

puddlesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By puddlesworth

@RenMcKormack said:

@Jack268: no he's not that guy. The problem with Romney is that he has to make believe he is a far right wing GOP guy when in MA he was relatively moderate. In fact instituted basically a good working version of state funded healthcare in Massachusetts when he was governor But now has to say that state healthcare is terrible when its done on a national level to toe the GOP line. Its an odd flip flop that he has to do along with a number of others... Not to say that Obama is more believable frankly when he didn't even close Guantanamo, as he promised, even though he could have done so with an execute order but that's another story all together.

He signed an executive order to begin closing it right after he was inaugurated. However, no state would agree to hold the prisoners while they awaited a real trial, and he couldn't just let them go. He failed to get it closed, and he should be criticized for that, but the reason it failed is important and should be remembered. Not to mention the fact that Romney supports keeping gitmo.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Phatmac

Mittens Romney.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Animasta

@Draxyle: honestly if you're fiscally conservative I don't see any other way to vote but for Gary Johnson, who at least is consistant

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Subjugation

It's not like I believe Obama. He's a known quantity now, one that didn't deliver by his own measurement. Me and a lot of my friends were fooled in '08 by his flowery speeches. Not again.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scrawnto

@imsh_pl said:

@Puddlesworth said:

That's easy. If he then says, "I will not do Y when I get in office," then one of those was a lie. Romney has done a lot of flip-flopping, which generally means he has no real convictions, and/or he is often flat out lying.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ravenlight

@Jams said:

Or maybe you meant this other one?

That poor woman looks terrified.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By imsh_pl

@Scrawnto said:

@imsh_pl said:

@Puddlesworth said:

That's easy. If he then says, "I will not do Y when I get in office," then one of those was a lie. Romney has done a lot of flip-flopping, which generally means he has no real convictions, and/or he is often flat out lying.

I wasn't talking about changing opinion before the elections, and neither was Jams, I presume. I was talking about a politician being somewhat consistent before elections and ignoring or flat out opposing his promises after he gets in office (like Obama).

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@crosstheatlantic That's brilliant, the only people that will be happier if Romney takes office is the Late Night Talk Show hosts, think of all the material.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jams

@Scrawnto said:

@imsh_pl said:

@Puddlesworth said:

That's not lying though, that is saying you'll do two different things while you try to get in office. Lying has to be when he says one thing and does another. I'm sure there is a case where that is true for him, but I bet there are just as many for any other politician. That's why I said it's not a lie unless he goes into office and does the opposite of what he said. Like you know, claiming to end class warfare. Then not do it for 4 years and then when your time's up, start saying we and us when you're talking about poor people and say them when talking about rich people. Forget the fact that when the person doing the gumming is a millionaire and has been more or less well off all of their life. That kind of lying.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By renmckormack

@Puddlesworth: yes and no. He has signed at least two orders to close it. There was kind of a bureaucratic malaise with AG Holder about the trials and whether everyone should be released or not. He did face some opposition from Congress when they wanted to have hearings in Illinois. But yea, he tried and even with a super majority of Democrats in Congress for 2 years but couldn't get it done. Romney is no peach. but no one really criticizes Obama for this.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Ravenlight sure cameras are on him but its not a photo op, woman just lost her home she needed comforting. He seems a pretty genuine guy did the same thing after the tornados last year.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By BigBoss1911

If Romney gets voted in America might be officially the dumbest country on earth. Hes a lying shit nothing more.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kindgineer

Since when was being a human, making errors and changing your opinions on subjects, and wrong thing? I find it contradictory that many rebel against Romney for these actions, and these actions alone. I'm sitting on edge of who I will vote for, and I will, since it's fucking stupid not to, but that decision will be made privately behind a curtain and not discussed in the anarchy wasteland we know of as the internet. If this countries voting population was smart enough to truly support the right people with the right ideas in mind, then we wouldn't be pigeon-holed each election with this sort of non-sense. If you believe both Romney and Obama were bad main-party delegates, look to the nation who allowed them to breach popularity instead of thinking that dumb people slip by the detector every 4 years.

I may not believe every Romney says, you'd would be silly to do so, but I do not trust Obama either. The sad fact in this matter is that Obama has more evidence against him that I've encountered than Romney. However, the decision will ultimately be made what I think best and that's the button I will press on November 6th.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By YoThatLimp

@RenMcKormack said:

Well, you can't just close Guantanamo, you kind of need a place to move them to, and no other country wanted to take them. We are kind of stuck in this weird Limbo. That and health care were my big disappointments as well.

Mitt Romney honestly had the EASIEST job. The entire conservative base was unified against not re-electing Barrack Obama. If he stuck to his moderate just right of center views, not only would he get the hardcore right leaners by just being the person running against Obama but also pick up a fairly big chunk of independents and libertarians. Guy fucked up picking a crazy guy like Paul Ryan as his running mate, then the guy fucked up by changing all of his decent moderate views in favor of the republican flavor of the week. I would say there is absolutely no way Obama loses in 2012 with all the missteps Mitt Romney has made (which I am personally happy about).

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jams

@Ravenlight said:

@Jams said:

Or maybe you meant this other one?

She's wondering why Obama is carrying a pistol in his pocket ;)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well his points about Obama are largely accurate, the problem is he hasn't produced any solutions and there's little or no evidence that he would have done things differently (also Obama's been handicapped for 2 years by congress) or how he would fix it in the future. Granted it's basically impossible to fix without making drastic changes to the entire government and neither party is going to want to do that since they'd lose power.