• 112 results
#1 Edited by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

So I was driving my car to a doctor's appointment today and as I was on the highway this hook made of pure metal and  the size of my hand fell off a truck it went through the windshield and would have killed me in an instant if it hadn't hit the steering wheel and ricocheted and hit the roof and landed in my lap I would say the thing was going about 65 mph. Then when I got to the building and out of the car there was construction around the area and as I made my way to the front door of the building this steel beam fell two inches before my feet which freaked the crap out of me and the construction workers apologized so as I got into the office and signed in the doctor called me into his office, he washed his hands(got water on the floor) and left for a minute, I went to pick up a magazine and accidentally slipped on the water and fell backwards onto his desk that had a hug needle on it that could have pierced through my heart. So I'm a little bug eyed today..

#2 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I am not going to lie, I loled.

#3 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -
#4 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
GalvanizedNails said:
"

lol thats really creepy. maybe you need to move to another city?

"
I doubt it's that..But it's still really weird considering I had just about three near-death experiences in one day..
#5 Posted by Major (506 posts) -

Were you in one of the Final Destination movies by any chance?

#6 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Have you recently been with a group of teens who were bound to end up dying in a horrible accident if it weren't for the heroics of one person stepping in and stopping the event from happening? Because it sounds like you're currently living in the next Final Destination

#7 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Major said:
"Were you in one of the Final Destination movies by any chance?"
Well I'm sure what I experienced could have made one hell of a scene..
#8 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

God is pretty wrathful. Exerted any gayness lately? Gluttony? Maybe did one of the thousands of other things that tick him off?

#9 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -
Major said:
Damn it, you beat me to the punch
#10 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Bulldog19892 said:
"God is pretty wrathful. Exerted any gayness lately? Gluttony? Maybe did one of the thousands of other things that tick him off?"
I like to consider myself pretty moral by many standards so I highly doubt that.
#11 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"I am not going to lie, I loled."
#12 Posted by Dalai (7029 posts) -

Let's see... 3 separate near-death experiences in a short period of time?  I think God wants you alive... or maybe you are God.

#13 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Dalai said:
"Let's see... 3 separate near-death experiences in a short period of time?  I think God wants you alive... or maybe you are God."
But why the hell does he have to scare me like that? God's screwing with me and I don't like it! I might as well run outside during a thunderstorm and scream "take me now!"..
#14 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"GalvanizedNails said:
"

lol thats really creepy. maybe you need to move to another city?

"
I doubt it's that..But it's still really weird considering I had just about three near-death experiences in one day.."
Wow.. That is really, really, crazy. But I think if God wanted you dead, you wouldn't be talking to us right now. Thankfully you survived!
#15 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Dalai said:
"Let's see... 3 separate near-death experiences in a short period of time?  I think God wants you alive... or maybe you are God."

See that is the optimist approach.

Still you should stay away from anything sharp, electrical outlets, sources of heat, wet surfaces, and objects in general. Line your house with bubble wrap, you're going to need it. D:
#16 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"DualReaver said:
"I am not going to lie, I loled."
"
#17 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

Wholy shit. I recommend laying in bed with your blankets over your head for about a week.

#18 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Dalai said:

See that is the optimist approach.

Still you should stay away from anything sharp, electrical outlets, sources of heat, wet surfaces, and objects in general. Line your house with bubble wrap, you're going to need it. D:"
I guess I'm going to have to live like some italian family..
#19 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"Wholy shit. I recommend laying in bed with your blankets over your head for about a week."
I've had about 8 near death experiences my whole life and I'm only 17..
#20 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I am not going to lie...that sounds like too much to be true.

#21 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Kush said:
"I am not going to lie...that sounds like too much to be true."
Honestly I thought I was in some bad dream and I couldn't wake up..Although a really bad dream would involve a hotel room with a horny rosie o' donnell..
#22 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I don't think I've ever come that close to dying

#23 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
Honestly I thought I was in some bad dream and I couldn't wake up..Although a really bad dream would involve a hotel room with a horny rosie o' donnell.."

Haha
#24 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -
Major said:
thats exactly what I thought of
#25 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -

Eh, this happens a lot to everyone everyday.  I wouldn't say it happens 3 times in a row to the same person, but near death experiences happen a lot.  Ask anyone, I'm sure someone can remember at least one time where they could have potentially died.  I for instance almost got hit by a car, I've fallen down stairs and could have snapped my neck, etc.  I think you just got a case of bad luck.

#26 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"Eh, this happens a lot to everyone everyday.  I wouldn't say it happens 3 times in a row to the same person, but near death experiences happen a lot.  Ask anyone, I'm sure someone can remember at least one time where they could have potentially died.  I for instance almost got hit by a car, I've fallen down stairs and could have snapped my neck, etc.  I think you just got a case of bad luck."

But in one day? This guy needs a guardian angel.
#27 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"Eh, this happens a lot to everyone everyday.  I wouldn't say it happens 3 times in a row to the same person, but near death experiences happen a lot.  Ask anyone, I'm sure someone can remember at least one time where they could have potentially died.  I for instance almost got hit by a car, I've fallen down stairs and could have snapped my neck, etc.  I think you just got a case of bad luck."
Stop being so optimistic..my life sucks and you know it.
#28 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Of course not TC. God, Satan, angels, and demons are all just fairy tales.

#29 Edited by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"WhySoSerious said:

But in one day? This guy needs a guardian angel."
Yeah, I said it was pretty unlucky for him to have all that happen in one day.  The only thing that I find literally life threatening is the fact that the hook went through the windshield, the other stuff, especially the needle, isn't that big of a deal in my opinion.  There's plenty of thing's that could pierce through your heart, but never do.  The needle part just doesn't make sense, I've NEVER seen a needle on a doctor's desk, and if I did see one, I have serious doubts it'd be pointing straight up, waiting for someone to fall on it.

The steel beam doesn't make sense either.  It dropped 2 inches right in front of you, how big was this steel beam?
#30 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

LMAO, im sorry I just cannot believe this! So is your car windshield broken now?

I'm sorry if its true. O_O'

#31 Edited by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"WhySoSerious said:

But in one day? This guy needs a guardian angel."
Yeah, I said it was pretty unlucky for him to have all that happen in one day.  The only thing that I find literally life threatening is the fact that the hook went through the windshield, the other stuff, especially the needle, isn't that big of a deal in my opinion.  There's plenty of thing's that could pierce through your heart, but never do.  The needle part just doesn't make sense, I've NEVER seen a needle on a doctor's desk, and if I did see one, I have serious doubts it'd be pointing straight up, waiting for someone to fall on it."
I'm sure the doctor didn't expect someone would fall on it considering it was on a desk but I wish I was making this up but unfortunately not..and I think a steel beam that fell two inches from my feet is a big deal.
#32 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
Honestly I thought I was in some bad dream and I couldn't wake up..Although a really bad dream would involve a hotel room with a horny rosie o' donnell.."
We don't need to bring up ol' Rosie again lol
#33 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
 I'm sure the doctor didn't expect someone would fall on it considering it was on a desk but I wish I was making this up but unfortunately not..and I think a steel beam that fell 2 inches from my feet is a big deal."
Bleh guess I didn't edit in time.  How big was the steel beam?
#34 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
 I'm sure the doctor didn't expect someone would fall on it considering it was on a desk but I wish I was making this up but unfortunately not..and I think a steel beam that fell 2 inches from my feet is a big deal."
Bleh guess I didn't edit in time.  How big was the steel beam?"
It looked like it was 12 feet long 5 feet wide.
#35 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Kush said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
We don't need to bring up ol' Rosie again lol"
i'm sorry, she's just so scary..
#36 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"I would say the thing was going about 65 mph. "
If you were on the interstate, that's probably exactly how fast it was going.
#37 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
It looked like it was 12 feet long 5 feet wide."
So you were walking up to a doctor's office and this 5 foot wide steel beam fell from a crane, since it's pretty obvious that men can't hike that thing up without having about 30+ guys help them and just happened to land 2 "inches" in front of you.  I'm seriously finding myself hard pressed to believe you.
#38 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
i'm sorry, she's just so scary.."
Just add a little Oprah and you get the Apocalypse!
#39 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
So you were walking up to a doctor's office and this 5 foot wide steel beam fell from a crane, since it's pretty obvious that men can't hike that thing up without having about 30+ guys help them and just happened to land 2 "inches" in front of you.  I'm seriously finding myself hard pressed to believe you."
I must agree that I still don't believe him :P and I am so so so Serious!
#40 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -
Kush said:
I must agree that I still don't believe him :P and I am so so so Serious!"
Being too serious will give you high blood pressure.
#41 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
So you were walking up to a doctor's office and this 5 foot wide steel beam fell from a crane, since it's pretty obvious that men can't hike that thing up without having about 30+ guys help them and just happened to land 2 "inches" in front of you.  I'm seriously finding myself hard pressed to believe you."
Well that's what it looked like to me..Sorry I'm not good with demensions..What do you honestly want? pics?
#42 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:

>.>
#43 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"Well that's what it looked like to me..Sorry I'm not good with demensions..What do you honestly want? pics?"
You could do stick figure illustrations. :)
#44 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
Well that's what it looked like to me..Sorry I'm not good with demensions..What do you honestly want? pics?"
I'm just saying your story just doesn't add up.
#45 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
Kush said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Kush said:
i'm sorry, she's just so scary.."
Just add a little Oprah and you get the Apocalypse!"

Please I can only handle enough scaryness at one time.

Kush said:

WhySoSerious said:

"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"I must agree that I still don't believe him :P and I am so so so Serious!"

How dare you Kush!?! I thought we were brothers from other mothers :(
#46 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"Kush said:
Being too serious will give you high blood pressure."
Not to mention heartburn and gas.
#47 Posted by WhySoSerious (646 posts) -
Kush said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"Kush said:
Being too serious will give you high blood pressure."
Not to mention heartburn and gas."
Yeah!  I'm just trying to send a message to people not to be so serious!
#48 Edited by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -
WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"WhySoSerious said:
Well that's what it looked like to me..Sorry I'm not good with demensions..What do you honestly want? pics?"
I'm just saying your story just doesn't add up."
How so? elaborate please.
#49 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"How dare you Kush!?! I thought we were brothers from other mothers :("
...well sometimes shit can be too elaborate!
#50 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

WhySoSerious is very convincing. :O