Does the like/unlike system on Facebook and YouTube get annoying?

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RJay_64
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

i couldn't care less about it considering it doesn't change the way i view videos 

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RJay_64
@AjayRaz said:
" i couldn't care less about it considering it doesn't change the way i view videos  "
Well if you're searching for random videos, a 5 star system would be more accurate and helpful in deciding what to watch. 
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By bed
@RJay_64 said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" i couldn't care less about it considering it doesn't change the way i view videos  "
Well if you're searching for random videos, a 5 star system would be more accurate and helpful in deciding what to watch.  "
that might be true if the system wasn't abused. let's face it. on youtube, a video is either going to be 5 stars or 1 star. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

Neutral

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By one_2nd
@AjayRaz said:

" @RJay_64 said:

" @AjayRaz said:
Well if you're searching for random videos, a 5 star system would be more accurate and helpful in deciding what to watch.  "
that might be true if the system wasn't abused. let's face it. on youtube, a video is either going to be 5 stars or 1 star.  "
I think the like system actually sorts them better than the star system did. The good videos are much easier to find. The only thing I hate are the "Ten ppl musta missed the like button, yooo" comments and everyone thumbs them up. Other than that I'm fine with it. 
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By meteora

I like it, its alright. I'm actually hoping that Facebook implements a dislike. I mean, if someone's dog died, you'd dislike it, right? 

As for YouTube, it was a bit iffy for me but its alright. There's a whole new meme (or whatever you want to call it) which involves people saying "[X amount of people] are [insert funny joke here]".

Overcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Overcast

Its ok does't bother me. :)

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney

They remind me of days where I would thumb down every SmugDarkLoser post.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Youtubes website layout keeps getting worse and worse.

GrandpaJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GrandpaJelly

I'd imaging that if you have 200+ active Facebook friends every little update thing would be annoying, so yeah it gets annoying.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I don't have a Facebook or Youtube account, so i'm good ;)

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Hamst3r

I think they should get rid of the dislike button on Youtube. If you don't like a video, stop watching it and go do something else. For all the people who legitimately don't like something and click the dislike button, there are 10 just trolling and clicking it for fun or to "even it out". There are also people accidentally clicking it.

If you have a reason for disliking a video, post a comment about it so the uploader knows why. The button alone has no critical value and it's often used as an easy method of drive-by trolling. Without the button, if no one likes a video, it won't get any likes and it'll rot away in the swamp of unlikable videos.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Black_Raven

I don't care, to me it's just a button, I don't need to look at it.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By WickedCobra03

Yes, that is why I never have and don't currently use them.  They are dumb, and I have come to resent the whole social networking media crap in the past 2 years or so.  It was alright in the beginning, but once LITERALLY everyone and their mother (in this case, "literally" would be a choice word, lol) jumped into the whole social networking scene, my interested has waned a ton.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Djeffers03

I like it. See what I did there...

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck

Only thing I hate is when groups on facebook go "Like this to see this picture lololol". I'm aware that I don't have to view it and that my life will go on without having seen it, but it still bugs me.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jasta

I dont get when people "Like" a subject when there is absolutely nothing you could possibly like about it.

e.g "Damn, my dog was hit by a bus this morning" "Dave likes this." :|

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikeHawk

what I hate is when I look up a video on youtube and some stupid commenter always has to say "(X amount of people who disliked this video) missed the like button. They most likely did not, and just because you love the video doesn't mean everybody else loves it too. It drives me crazy!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

I picked the last one, simply because I love my opinions being so mathematical.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By herocide
@MikeHawk said:
" what I hate is when I look up a video on youtube and some stupid commenter always has to say "(X amount of people who disliked this video) missed the like button. They most likely did not, and just because you love the video doesn't mean everybody else loves it too. It drives me crazy! "
QFT
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Supermarius
@RJay_64 said:
" @AjayRaz said:
a five star system is not more accurate, as most people just rated the videos 1 or 5 stars anyways. They should make the like to unlike ratio more readily visible though as you used to be able to use the average star rating to avoid bad or fake videos or videos where that horrible screaming face randomly pops up.
Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

...dislike?

But yeah, I like it...for Facebook. You can be a total jerk, or acknowledge something without saying anything.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

Youtube changed the system so it wouldnt show the ratings of the videos on the suggested videos, that way their promoted videos and "viral" ads get more views than they deserve. 

I think its fine on Facebook though 

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RJay_64
@CRAzYKiLL3R93 said:
" Youtube changed the system so it wouldnt show the ratings of the videos on the suggested videos, that way their promoted videos and "viral" ads get more views than they deserve.  I think its fine on Facebook though  "
I like this comment.