Does this prove we are manipulated by the media ?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Hey guys . I was browsing Youtube yesturday and came across this video I Don't watch televison that much but this seems to be insainly popular . Any way back on topic , When Susan Boyle came on the Stage I noticed how everyone in the auidence and the Judge panel immeidatly switched off and assumed she would be terrible . Now when she started to sing everyone began to scream and applaude . Now the question is , Why does our society assume that you can't be famous if you don't have the looks ? I want to know your thoughts on this .
If you watch the video at  1.23 the girl in the auidenece showed what everyone thought of her .

I cant embed the video as it wont allow me too . Sorry Guys :(

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By inkeiren

There's a good chance it's a prepared thing and there's a good chance it's not. Either way, it was more than her appearance. She seemed uncomfortable and had strange body language, so, it did appear she might do badly.

Regardless if it was fake or not, this is a woman who's dreams are coming true. This is one of the few times the news is talking about someone's dreams being fulfilled rather than some tragedy thrill story about the latest little white girl being kidnapped. I'm happy about that.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead
turbomonkey138 said:
"Why does our society assume that you can't be famous if you don't have the looks ?"
Everybody does it to everyone else on a daily basis.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninjakiller

Uh, I think the whole run-up to the Iraq war proved that we are all sheeple.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

yea i have come to the conclusion that this is staged anyway