• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by artofwar420 (6290 posts) -

Head over tested.com and you'll see why. I mean, I love the Mythbusters, but Jamie and Adam's Tested? That's the vibe I'm getting. Excited for Jamie and Adam, but kind of bummed out about Norm and Will.

I'm not seeing things am I? Maybe Will will finally get the wiki he wanted.

I'll miss the old logo

I certainly wish them the best in all their endeavors. I'll keep on reading/watching.

#2 Edited by Linkster7 (1026 posts) -

OH SNAP!

No not seeing things, this is happening.

EDIT: Wow, Jamie and Adam's tested? Really? I don't like how they say it's their site now, give some credit to the guys who actually built the site from the get go.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

Dude what the hell... Jaime and Adam's Tested? The fuck is going on...? This is Will and Norm's Tested...

#4 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

Is it not more depressing, the fact that Giant Bomb is most likely going to be completely redesigned too? SAY GOODBYE TO SLEEK ELEGANCE AND SAY HELLO TO INCREASED SUICIDE RATES.

#5 Edited by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

@artofwar420: Nope, you aren't seeing things. I like the site's design, but the branding is just terrible. I understand why they're pimping Jamie and Adam, but they need to increase Will and Norm's presence in the branding. They feel tacked on I wonder if people who aren't in the know will get who Will and Norm are when expecting Jamie and Adam.

#6 Edited by handlas (2683 posts) -

Ya I'm pretty sad. The site is just bad now. Hopefully it will be fixed up a bit. And the wiping away of Will and Norm from everything is sad to see. Now its Jamie and Adam everywhere even down to replacing Will and Norm's twitter thing on the site with their own.

Sad day...I loved tested. Hope they will keep the podcasts going with Gary.

#7 Posted by wrecks (2260 posts) -

Everyone is being swallowed up by the machine, again. Bummer.

#8 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

Giant Bomb is what I'm worried about the most, but this doesn't look good for Will and Norm also..

#9 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

It's like a train wreck, can't look away.

#10 Posted by artofwar420 (6290 posts) -

@N7: Nah man, Dave said the site's not gonna be touched. Aside from the changes they were planning to do already. No "Gamespot's Giant Bomb" stuff. It was pretty clear on the chat Jeff had with John Davidson.

#11 Posted by handlas (2683 posts) -

its funny in the intro vid how much more natural Will and Norm are on camera too. ;/

#12 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

I'm excited at the really cool stuff Will and Norm will be able to do with all this new budget, which is why I'm hesitant to start hating on this already. I'm sure they can be just as cool sidekicks as they are main characters. And I'm sure that if they aren't happy about this, they will be gone soon enough and start working on something new.

#13 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

OH MY GOD YES! Norm and Will in the Mythbuster's warehouse? FUCK YEAH

#14 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

Do we really need two threads for this? This is still a bummer. It might be cool if they actually team up rather than get shoved in the corner.

#15 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

@artofwar420: For now.

#16 Edited by Vager (1654 posts) -

@artofwar420: It won't be right away but I believe both GameSpot and Giant Bomb are both getting new sites in a few months. They aren't going to be using the Whiskey Media site technology (Vines CMS) as that and the majority of the team who built it has gone with Tested.

#17 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@artofwar420 said:

@N7: Nah man, Dave said the site's not gonna be touched. Aside from the changes they were planning to do already. No "Gamespot's Giant Bomb" stuff. It was pretty clear on the chat Jeff had with John Davidson.

Maybe I'm wrong, but they don't have the whiskey media platform anymore. They obviously can use the current version, but if they want to update and change the website, would they need a complete overhaul or could they keep building off the current platform? I don't know, sounds like a question for

#18 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

I think you're missing the point.  Jame and Adam are pretty much international stars now.  This is a good thing.  Will and Norm will have work for year to come and they might even get to be Mythbusters from time to time which would mean even more notoriety for them.  Whiskey is DEAD.  This is a new experience and we should be happy that Will and Norm and TESTED didn't die with Whiskey Media.  Be happy that they're still employed and able to do what they know and love.

#19 Posted by wumbo3000 (971 posts) -

I'm actually kinda stunned. I feel like the people of Whiskey Media knew what brought people to the sites. It was the personalities behind them. To see them cast aside like this...I'm shocked. I love Will and Norm, and hope they don't go down this road.

#20 Posted by Milkman (16807 posts) -

@N7 said:

Is it not more depressing, the fact that Giant Bomb is most likely going to be completely redesigned too? SAY GOODBYE TO SLEEK ELEGANCE AND SAY HELLO TO INCREASED SUICIDE RATES.

No, it's not.

#21 Posted by DriveupLife (915 posts) -

I think it's pretty fucked but this will make Will and Norm bigger names due to association. The new branding is fuuuucked though, at least the design.

#22 Posted by Phished0ne (2508 posts) -

Wow lots of sudden Adam and Jamie hate on here. I think it is misplaced hate. It wasn't Adam and Jamie's decision i am sure. But c'mon people, what the hell did you expect?? Did you really expect Will and Norm to be the faces of the new tested? if you did, you are daft. I'm sure the written content will be all done by Will and Norm still. Im sure they will still have a place in video content and on the podcast. Getting all up in arms about one video and a site redesign is pretty stupid, imo. There are bigger faces at Tested now. Deal with it. They put Jamie and Adam on the front page because there is a lot of traffic coming from outside sources, namely adam and jamies twitter account. They didnt want to confuse peeople by having other faces up on A&J's site. The rebrand is dumb, i dont think they needed to add their names to the site, but I think in the long run this will be good for Will and Norm.

#23 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I'm gonna be honest and say, though I miss the old logo (good ol' Testicles), The "Jamie and Adam" thing is likely only there to get more traffic to the site. I'm sure Will and Norm are fine with it and I'm really happy for them.

#24 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

Peoples: The DDOS thing was a joke. Haha. I'm just really pissed at Jamie and Adam right now.

#25 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

As long as Will and Norm don't mind we shouldn't either, this means bigger and better stuff for them. I still feel sorry for them that it isn't their site anymore though.

@Milkman said:

@N7 said:

No, it's not.

If you are talking about it being redesigned, it will be. Dave confirmed it.

#26 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

I'm not saying anyone should do this, but a good old fashioned DDOS attack would send Jamie and Adam a message.

That is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. All that would accomplish is branding the community as immature douchebags. This isn't /b/.

Legitimate outcry from the community is the best path forward. There is a thread running in the forums over there where people are voicing their distaste. I encourage everyone to post in it if they disagree with the changes to the site.

#27 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@Subjugation: It was a joke. I've already been posting over there/tweeting them.

#28 Posted by Phished0ne (2508 posts) -

i still dont understand why anyone would be mad at Adam and Jamie...*SMH*

#29 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

@Subjugation: It was a joke. I've already been posting over there/tweeting them.

Well, you're a genius. I know I was rolling on the floor.

Please, edit that message so it's blank or delete it. It's on the front page of the thread. You're not doing anybody any favors. You're not helping anything saying things like that.

And that wasn't a joke. Not when you write it like that.

#30 Posted by Chris86 (65 posts) -
#31 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@Chris86: lol

#32 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@ZanzibarBreeze: Thanks, but you should really think about acquiring a sense of humor buddy. Sorry I'm being pissy, but I'm already in a bad mood about all this and you're being kind of a jerk. Please edit/delete your reply to my post.

#33 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

@Chris86 said:

I'd say Jeff is more popularly known than anyone at Gamespot. Maybe we'll see Jeff's Giant Bomb, much more appropriate.

But yea, that site redesign is terrifying. God damn marketers, obviously they're going to front Jaime and Adam as much as they can, still pretty jerkish.

#34 Edited by Cubic (171 posts) -

I have to admit, I felt like I was welling up a bit when I saw the new site and watched the intro video. It'll probably be good for Will and Norm in the long run, being associated with people who are relatively big names (unless they get ousted), but it still feels... unfair. It's cynical, I guess, for them to assume that to retain any mention of the founders of the site would turn off new members attracted by the glittery Mythbusters linkage. Maybe they were right, in which case I think I want to emigrate from this planet.

#35 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -
@wewantsthering careful with the jokes when people are a little bit stressed.
#36 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

No one else is happy that Will is actually writing now? This is the most he's written since the site started.

#37 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@Cirdain: Yeah I know. Sorry. I don't know why I'm getting so worked up about this...I'm not usually like this about websites...I feel like crap and it makes me more worried about GiantBomb as more of the pieces of the overall puzzle fall into place. I'm not giving up on them immediately like some people are, but I am more cautious now.

#38 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

No one else is happy that Will is actually writing now? This is the most he's written since the site started.

Have you actually read his articles? They're riddled with grammatical errors and unfinished sentences...

#39 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Making use of Jamie and Adams names is a good business move, even if it does seem totally weird as a long time Whiskey Media follower

As long as Will and Norm are happy and keep getting to do dumb shit and mispronounce things I couldn't care less who gets first billing

#40 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

Have you actually read his articles? They're riddled with grammatical errors and unfinished sentences...

That's just him mispronouncing words in written form.

#41 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -
@wewantsthering

@Cirdain: Yeah I know. Sorry. I don't know why I'm getting so worked up about this...I'm not usually like this about websites...I feel like crap and it makes me more worried about GiantBomb as more of the pieces of the overall puzzle fall into place. I'm not giving up on them immediately like some people are, but I am more cautious now.

This is because you feel attached, like many other people, to the site's personslity. Not personality of the people on the site. It's a huge yet hidden factor that sites can be created and destroyed without even realising it, especislly because they don't focus that much on emotion when teaching this stuff.

For Example, whiskey would have had a step by step guide on the changes and adjustments to every aspect of the tested site's function as soon as the changes were made.

Ultimately, it hasn't even been a day after the "Whiskey Flashpoint" so I'd give it time and se how you can adjust with the site.

;-) trust me, I do psychology for AS level (UK)
#42 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@Cirdain: That is true. GiantBomb has been very open and honest with everything and that goes a long way.

#43 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -
@wewantsthering Also I wrote that post on my phone so some sentances migt be crazy and spelt wrong.
#44 Posted by Metal_Mills (2997 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

It's what happens when an overload belts you with a whip for more content.
#45 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -
@s7evn

@Enigma777 said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

That's just him mispronouncing words in written form.

I'm fine with that, its the fact that the posts are just links to other blogs that bugs me
#46 Posted by ajamafalous (12002 posts) -

Shit is totally fucked. I can honestly say that I will never go to tested.com again.

#47 Posted by HKZ (70 posts) -

I love the Tested crew, but I can't stand Adam Savage. He's great on TV, and I love their show even though it isn't scientific by any stretch, but they totally fucked up my favorite website. I'll listen to the podcast so long as Will, Norm, and Gary remain the only ones on it, but tested.com is completely dead to me. They took it over wholesale and ruined the entire thing as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a fuck about baseball, TED, or any of that other crap because there are websites I can go to if I cared about that stuff. Tested was about gadgets and fun and merry times, now it's a goddamn corporate sellout devoted to media whores. Glad to see they are getting a bigger budget and whatnot and I hope they get to do more stuff that they want, but I cannot fucking stand Savage. Here's to hoping they stay completely away from the podcast because if it's anything like the new design they'll fuck that up royal too. Much love to the original Tested crew, but after fucking up my login and completely negating my membership (a complete waste of money now, thanks by the way) by handing everyone everything for free, I'm not going to visit the site frequently. I'll check up on what Will and Norm post every so often, but it's no longer in my favorites. It's just too big a change involving people I can't stand outside of the MythBusters bubble. I'd only tolerate it if Kari and Tori (the only two worth mentioning on the TV show) were on there and that doesn't look like that'll happen.

#48 Posted by HKZ (70 posts) -

"It’s soothing, the constant lub-dub of your heart, pushing blood through your circulatory system. While artificial hearts have, to date, mimicked the rhythmic pulsation of the heart."

First article posted. I'm not English major, but WHAT THE FUCK is that? It makes no goddamn sense. Here I though Will was a professional and this is what we get? No thanks.

#49 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I can't ever go back to Tested.com now after what I just finished seeing. Sigh...what a sad day.

#50 Posted by huntad (1940 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

I think you're missing the point. Jame and Adam are pretty much international stars now. This is a good thing. Will and Norm will have work for year to come and they might even get to be Mythbusters from time to time which would mean even more notoriety for them. Whiskey is DEAD. This is a new experience and we should be happy that Will and Norm and TESTED didn't die with Whiskey Media. Be happy that they're still employed and able to do what they know and love.

I truly couldn't have said it better myself.