• 87 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

You know like random people that try to diss you or act like they will do harm to you? I was playing Payday: The Heist earlier and I got into a argument with this guy. I normally don't like using my mic, because lots of times I usually come across ignorant people. But this time I used my mic because I was playing with a online friend. He invited one of his buddy's to the match, and as soon as this guy heard my voice he had a problem with me.

Apparently he was racist and started calling me abunch of racial slurs. I didn't do nothing to offend the guy outside of being black. He kept going on about how all N's should be extinct. That I'm the worst part of society and he wish he was there to kill me. We got into a really heated argument and after I got fed up I left the game. Afterwards the same guy sent me pics of dead black people, and he sent a pic of himself holding a KKK sign with a middle finger raised. I deleted the pics and blocked him.

Stuff like that is the reason why I don't like using my mic online anymore. I always seem to come across abunch of assholes.

#2 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

That's fucking dire.

I never play online unless I know the community that are playing. I've heard my sister play though, and some of the people are absolute pricks though.

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I've played stuff like Halo, Far Cry, Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption online.
It made me throw out my mic in the trash and I have not regretted it.
 
Now I just ignore multiplayer modes unless I'm playing with friends.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

When I had my 360 it was alot worse.

#5 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Yeah, but on the plus side it's always fun watching people loose their shit when playing CoD on youtube, or any game for that matter. It's the internet, the only thing you can do is ignore it and move on.

#6 Posted by pickassoreborn (528 posts) -

Whenever I play online with Xbox Live these days (and it's extremely rare), everything's muted. I don't speak to anyone. I remember the halcyon days of the Moto GP demo on the original Xbox. Everyone was extremely cool, no one was a dick.

Those days have long gone :(

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Jesus sending pictures of dead black people is a whole new low I didn't even know existed on Xbox live. I usually just start a party chat when I play online to avoid the random scumbags on Xbox live.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Jesus sending pictures of dead black people is a whole new low I didn't even know existed on Xbox live. I usually just start a party chat when I play online to avoid the random scumbags on Xbox live.

This happened on my ps3.

#9 Posted by medacris (666 posts) -

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Seems like you did nothing to piss him off, blocking him and not responding was the best response. I don't even know why race, gender, religion, etc. even matters online anymore. You can't see who you're talking to. I'm okay with everyone, as long as they're not a dick.

I hate these people too. They make a big deal out of something irrelevant, or get angry when they start bragging to you about something and you tell them you're not jealous, you don't care. I generally keep off mic and chat unless I'm with friends too, or unless someone asks me a question/I really feel I need to respond to something. It's not worth antagonizing these idiots.

#10 Posted by Totoni (42 posts) -

In any given social group there are bound to be at least 5% dipshits. I guess it's more in online play since most people who use mic either only use it when they're playing with a friend or if they in this case like to show other people their IQ niveau. It's like the guy yelling loudest in a group is rarely the one who got something intelligent to say.

But just out of curiosity, how did he know you were black. Did you say it or did he just guess it and was correct?

#11 Edited by CaLe (4018 posts) -

I always hear stories like this and it's terrible, but I've played a lot of games online on both PC and Xbox and never heard anything like this myself. Maybe it's just a lot more common in America. That guy sounds like a real asshole. Sending pics of dead people? That's just fucked up.

#12 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I don't play online, but since you said "Internet", ig uess that tough guys on forums count. And yeah, i met a share of tough guys in forums.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@laserbolts said:

Jesus sending pictures of dead black people is a whole new low I didn't even know existed on Xbox live. I usually just start a party chat when I play online to avoid the random scumbags on Xbox live.

This happened on my ps3.

Oh damn sorry I didnt think PS3 had voice chat.

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (5806 posts) -

Now that's launch tray worthy. Sorry that happened to you. Pisses me off that there's a person like this. I wonder if there's some way to report him?

#15 Posted by believer258 (11986 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Now that's launch tray worthy. Sorry that happened to you. Pisses me off that there's a person like this. I wonder if there's some way to report him?

I was waiting for someone to bring up the lunch tray.

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5806 posts) -

@believer258:

Felt a little bad doing it.

#17 Posted by Sackmanjones (4739 posts) -

That's pretty fucked up. Ya I usually don't use a mic unless it's with friends and privately. If I can't I just try to mute anyone I can that gets on my nerves. Sorry that happened to you though, people like him need to get there head out of their asses

#18 Posted by Spoonman671 (4694 posts) -
@laserbolts said:

@falserelic said:

@laserbolts said:

Jesus sending pictures of dead black people is a whole new low I didn't even know existed on Xbox live. I usually just start a party chat when I play online to avoid the random scumbags on Xbox live.

This happened on my ps3.

Oh damn sorry I didnt think PS3 had voice chat.

What?  Really?
#19 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@believer258:

Felt a little bad doing it.

At this point I'm used to hearing the lunch tray jokes. Its no big deal.

#20 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

Haha, what the fuck. That is... that's insane. He's like a bloody parody; pictures of dead people, holding a KKK sign? Just good Lord.

#21 Posted by huntad (1955 posts) -

@falserelic said:

When I had my 360 it was alot worse.

Man, I don't see how it gets worse than what just happened (other than it leading to physical confrontation somehow).

#22 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

I've played everything from Call of Duty, to League of Legends, to Heroes of Newerth and Halo.

It's horrible. But it's the live gaming and we have to deal with it.

#23 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I don't mind people acting tough on the internet. I hate people acting tough in real life. Violence might actually ensue.

P.S. Just read the OP, and damn that dude is an asshole. I'm not cool with hatespeech. If you hate, at least have the courtesy to hate in private.

#24 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

@huntad said:

@falserelic said:

When I had my 360 it was alot worse.

Man, I don't see how it gets worse than what just happened (other than it leading to physical confrontation somehow).

Funny you should mention.

#25 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Ugh, those people online are just so stupid............  Im happy society ends up weeding those people out though

#26 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

wait you're black? this changes everything

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Kinda surprised that nobody in this thread has yet to don the tough guy act in jest.

#28 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I see it this way. If they act like dicks over the internet I'd imagine they're not any better in real life. So don't waste your time on worthless people.

Also I like to think that one day their doctor will turn to them and say "I'm sorry, but it's malignant..." and I'll a nice fuzzy feeling at the same time.

#29 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@killacam said:

wait you're black? this changes everything

You got a problem with that?

#30 Posted by Totoni (42 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Kinda surprised that nobody in this thread has yet to don the tough guy act in jest.

I just take that as proof that the Giant Bomb forums have some pretty level-headed and good people.

#32 Posted by believer258 (11986 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@believer258:

Felt a little bad doing it.

At this point I'm used to hearing the lunch tray jokes. Its no big deal.

Well, I couldn't help but think of it. I wasn't going to make a joke of it.

#33 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Kinda surprised that nobody in this thread has yet to don the tough guy act in jest.

I thought about it, but I don't know how to act as a tough guy, so I gave up on that idea.

#34 Posted by Dixavd (1359 posts) -

@falserelic: How did he even know that you were black?

#35 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

@falserelic: How did he even know that you were black?

The way I speak and my voice gives it away.

#36 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

@laserbolts said:

@falserelic said:

@laserbolts said:

Jesus sending pictures of dead black people is a whole new low I didn't even know existed on Xbox live. I usually just start a party chat when I play online to avoid the random scumbags on Xbox live.

This happened on my ps3.

Oh damn sorry I didnt think PS3 had voice chat.

What? Really?

Nope more makin a dumb remark on how nobody on ps3 ever has a mic. At least in my experience anyways.

#37 Posted by EchoEcho (830 posts) -

That is pretty fucking shitty. At this point, I haven't gone publicly on-mic in a multiplayer game since the introduction of Xbox Live party chat. It's just not worth it. For every match with good people who just want to use the mic to communicate tactics with their team, there are a hundred-plus others full of assholes who only use their mic to talk shit and get angry for no damn reason. It's ruined online gaming for me in a way. Now the only time I can enjoy a multiplayer game is when playing with a buddy or two, but there are a lot of games I like that my friends just don't play, and I simply don't feel like weathering the potential shitstorm by myself.

#38 Posted by Slurpelve (615 posts) -

@falserelic said:

When I had my 360 it was alot worse.

I'm black too and I couldn't even play a online game without being call the N-word too, I learn to only use my mic when with friends

#39 Posted by mlarrabee (2992 posts) -

People are jackasses when they have anonymity.

That guy goes out of his way to be a jackass, which is unusual and speaks to his offline jackassness.

#40 Posted by Dixavd (1359 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@Dixavd said:

@falserelic: How did he even know that you were black?

The way I speak and my voice gives it away.

I am just so used to how in the UK no one can tell the difference by peoples voices, maybe it is how strong accents we have.

I'm sorry you had to be stuck with that guy, what an asshole!

#41 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

If people want to hear my voice here's a old review of mine.

Its on my friends channel. He posted this vid back up a few months ago.

#42 Posted by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Kinda surprised that nobody in this thread has yet to don the tough guy act in jest.

I thought about it, but I don't know how to act as a tough guy, so I gave up on that idea.

Pretty much what he said. And I couldn't figure out a funny approach to it. Not that being unfunny really ever stops me from posting dumb stuff anyway, but in this case I'll make an exception.

I wish there were some way that people could be banned from using voice chat on XBL or whathaveyou... Some kind of button that lets you record what a guys saying and send it to a dude who's job is to ban them would be nice. Doesn't affect me though, as I avoid multiplayer unless I'm playing with friends.

#43 Edited by NTM (7479 posts) -

Wait, I just want to get this straight. You played with a friend online, so you put on a headset, and after a while, your friend had someone else, a friend, come on and say shit about you? If this is the case, I'd ask your friend why he knows someone like that. Or was it just some random person you and your friend didn't know? I don't play online much, and I think this is one of the reasons, but mostly because I care much more about playing campaign. I always mute everyone whenever I play online. I've never had anyone ever attack me or say anything to me personally negatively, but it seems to me that every match has someone being annoying. I think next time you have to be stronger than arguing and be the person to quickly draw the line, you tell him that's enough, and you then tell your friend you'll still play for a while, but you're not going to use the head set anymore.

#44 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@NTM said:

Wait, I just want to get this straight. You played with a friend online, so you put on a headset, and after a while, your friend had someone else, a friend, come on and say shit about you? If this is the case, I'd ask your friend why he knows someone like that. Or was it just some random person you and your friend didn't know? I don't play online much, and I think this is one of the reasons, but mostly because I care much more about playing campaign. I always mute everyone whenever I play online. I've never had anyone ever attack me or say anything to me personally negatively, but it seems to me that every match has someone being annoying.

He knew him but I don't think he knew that he was racist.

#45 Edited by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

The only time I ever use a mic is when I'm playing with a group of friends. I find that most people that have their mics on aren't saying shit worth listening to anyway.

#46 Posted by NTM (7479 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@NTM said:

Wait, I just want to get this straight. You played with a friend online, so you put on a headset, and after a while, your friend had someone else, a friend, come on and say shit about you? If this is the case, I'd ask your friend why he knows someone like that. Or was it just some random person you and your friend didn't know? I don't play online much, and I think this is one of the reasons, but mostly because I care much more about playing campaign. I always mute everyone whenever I play online. I've never had anyone ever attack me or say anything to me personally negatively, but it seems to me that every match has someone being annoying.

He knew him but I don't think he knew that he was racist.

I don't know, I'm sure he did, but if he didn't, will he now do anything about it, like persuade this guy to act different, or simply stop being his friend? Did your friend help you in this argument when you guys were going at it, or did he just sit there and listen?

#47 Edited by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

Recently after enacting my Gears 3 online debut, I was playing some TDM against randoms until a party of what looks like max rank players (they all have this sort of medal rather than a number) came in. They had the experience, they had the headset coordination, and of course they had the teamwork. My group was me with a bunch of randoms. We stuck going against 'em, despite getting thrashed time and time again. It was kinda funny as some of us just decided to fuck around instead because they were clearly far beyond our level.

What really stuck out, though, was the arrogance. I mean first off they were clearly enjoying beating the same players over and over despite their obvious advantages and their higher skill-level; they never left, and during one match it was quite literally me and a team of bots against the party. Me, who's of course a pretty low level to show for my inexperience, still stuck in anyway because whatever, I enjoy the gameplay enough that it's fun just to still play around. Plus I would snag a kill here and there. But then they'd eventually start mocking me through their headsets, and I remember once they'd knock me into the down-but-not-out state, they'd all circle my corpse and pretend to 'circle-jerk' me. At this point I'm finding it all to be hysterical, but the fact that they were still very evidently enjoying bullying a new player was pretty pathetic. Smug winners are frankly almost as bad as sore losers.

I remember one of 'em, a girl, who's gametag was ''whaaaaaaaaat xD'', while another was XxJ4M3SxX... so, er, yeah I'm also not particularly surprised that's the kind of introduction I'm given when it's people like that at the gate. They were also English, which made it extra embarrassing. And Christ guys, those fucking x's! I thought it all was so 'overblown' when people make jokes about your average moron gamertag for the sake of humour, but there are so many people beginning and ending their gamertag with Xx and xX. I was genuinely kinda shocked.

#48 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@NTM said:

@falserelic said:

@NTM said:

Wait, I just want to get this straight. You played with a friend online, so you put on a headset, and after a while, your friend had someone else, a friend, come on and say shit about you? If this is the case, I'd ask your friend why he knows someone like that. Or was it just some random person you and your friend didn't know? I don't play online much, and I think this is one of the reasons, but mostly because I care much more about playing campaign. I always mute everyone whenever I play online. I've never had anyone ever attack me or say anything to me personally negatively, but it seems to me that every match has someone being annoying.

He knew him but I don't think he knew that he was racist.

I don't know, I'm sure he did, but if he didn't, will he now do anything about it, like persuade this guy to act different, or simply stop being his friend? Did your friend help you in this argument when you guys were going at it, or did he just sit there and listen?

He kept trying to make the guy stop. The guy on my friends list I knew for about two years. I don't think he would have tried to set me up with a racist.

#49 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -

@falserelic: @BadSniper52: I just want to go ahead and apologies for the way you guys are treated online. It's fucking gross what some people say (and probably think). Please don't consider what those people say as anything other than jealousy and hate projected on to you. I hope karma will make it up to you in the near future.

#50 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

wow...... people these days.... I don't see why someone has to hate on someone else like that, i would bet he just did it to "look cool" in front of his friend... I know people who would do it because they think its cool... Jewish people, black people, Mexicans(im in america and that's the most dominate foreign race here i think) Asians they all catch shit from people who think its "the cool thing to do" but when they're not around anyone they think they will impress they don't give the above people the shit they normally give out.