tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tebbit

So, anyone got the nads to go see it?

I think it's gonna ruin almost all of my childhood memories. Plus, i'll look like a dork going to see it, because it appears to be aimed at 9-14 year olds.

What about you?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I was never into Dragonball as a kid, so I won't be seeing it. I WOULD drag myself to a live-action Pokemon movie, though.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tebbit

I can just see Mewtwo being played by Jack Black.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

I am thinking about it. I can see myself laughing and everyone in theater looking at me...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By penguindust
TooWalrus said:
"I WOULD drag myself to a live-action Pokemon movie, though."
Have you seen the trailer for Disney's "G-Force"?  We have the technology now to create a live-action Pikachu...in 3D!
G-Force trailier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__p9D_3m6M
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By vaiz

I saw it (By questionable methods), and can safely say if you're a fan of Dragon Ball, you should not see this movie. Ever. Don't go see it, don't pirate it, don't rent the DVD when it comes out. Just don't. Fox doesn't deserve money for this (Or you wasting your bandwidth).

Unless you're already dead inside, in which case knock yourself out.

And if you're not a fan of DB, but just looking for a good movie, the above still applies. It's full enough with plot holes and nonsensical bullshit that it doesn't even hold up as a decent movie.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok
punkxblaze said:
"I saw it (By questionable methods), and can safely say if you're a fan of Dragon Ball, you should not see this movie. Ever. Don't go see it, don't pirate it, don't rent the DVD when it comes out. Just don't. Fox doesn't deserve money for this (Or you wasting your bandwidth).Unless you're already dead inside, in which case knock yourself out.And if you're not a fan of DB, but just looking for a good movie, the above still applies. It's full enough with plot holes and nonsensical bullshit that it doesn't even hold up as a decent movie."
That makes me want to watch it just for the lulz.

Edit: Also just to spite you.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
TooWalrus said:
"I was never into Dragonball as a kid, so I won't be seeing it."
I don't think this would appeal to Dragon Ball fans either. Especially not Dragon Ball fans. This film is especially offensive to them, who get to see one of their beloved series get shit on by hacks who have no idea what they're doing.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

I watched it yesterday (it's being out here since April 2nd) and while it's slightly better than I expected, it still sucks. My biggest complain is not how they massacre the DB story but just how boring it is, and also, what a fucking crappy ending.

Only saving grace of this movie, Emily Rossum, she's mad hot. Oh, and the soundtrack is good. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus
LordAndrew said:
"TooWalrus said:
"I was never into Dragonball as a kid, so I won't be seeing it."
I don't think this would appeal to Dragon Ball fans either. Especially not Dragon Ball fans. This film is especially offensive to them, who get to see one of their beloved series get shit on by hacks who have no idea what they're doing."
I answered his question, and explained why. Of coarse I know that DB fans think this movie is crap, but alot of them will see it anyway. I'm not 12 years old, so this film isn't targeted to me anyway. It's safe to say that people my age are more likely to see this movie if they had an attachment to the series as kids.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rinkalicous
Tebbit said:
"I can just see Mewtwo being played by Jack Black."
Any live-action pokemon movie with Jack Black in is set to be the most epic movie ever. All they need is Brock being played by Vin Diesel, and we'd have a best-selling movie of all time on our hands.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
Rinkalicous said:
"Tebbit said:
"I can just see Mewtwo being played by Jack Black."
Any live-action pokemon movie with Jack Black in is set to be the most epic movie ever. All they need is Brock being played by Vin Diesel, and we'd have a best-selling movie of all time on our hands.
"
...Vin Diesel should voice Pikachu, that's all I'm saying.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I loved the show(s) as a kid. Original and Z. This movie looks like crap though, I think I'd just get angry during it seeing how they messed everything up.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By cc23574

NO, i watched it, and i think that it's a disgrace towards the dragonball franchise

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

From what I hear, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

But it's still pretty bad. I'll probably rent it, or maybe see it with my brothers, but no chance I'll see it otherwise.