#1 Edited by cannonballBAM (593 posts) -

(link to the trailer on youtube)

Is anyone excited for this?

I was surpised to see Akira Toriyama is involved in the development.

#2 Edited by Animasta (14460 posts) -

SPOILERS;

GOKU WINS BECAUSE OF THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

I can't believe DBZ shit is still being made.

#4 Posted by UlquioKani (933 posts) -

This is the first time I have heard Goku's japanese voice and...

On topic, shame that Bleach ended

#5 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

Mixed feelings, I guess. Haven't really had anything to do with DBZ in years but if it gets an English dub, I'll probably watch it for nostalgia.

#6 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

KA-ME-HA-ME........wait. I'm not doing this anymore. Take the damn dragonballs and blow up the earth. See if I care.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

I've probably already seen it before; the only thing different is the bad guy.

DBZ was awesome as a kid and watching a bit for nostalgia is fine. I don't really want to actively get back into it, though. Yu Yu Hakusho, on the other hand... No, Believer, no, stop mentioning that every time DBZ comes up.

#8 Posted by Dtat (1621 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I've probably already seen it before; the only thing different is the bad guy.

DBZ was awesome as a kid and watching a bit for nostalgia is fine. I don't really want to actively get back into it, though. Yu Yu Hakusho, on the other hand... No, Believer, no, stop mentioning that every time DBZ comes up.

I could go for a new Yu Yu Hakusho movie.

#9 Edited by awesomeusername (4056 posts) -

Oh yes!

Oh God, Goku's voice is annoying.

#10 Posted by Genkkaku (730 posts) -

I'll watch it, a new DBZ movies is kind of awesome.. plus I never got into any of the GT stuff so it's been a while since I've watched anything DBZ..

@Animasta said:

SPOILERS;

Yes! This sums it all up perfectly

#11 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

@Animasta said:

SPOILERS;

Does he discover that Friendship... is magic?

#12 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Due to a massive fanboy bias, I'll be watching this but ONLY if they have English dubs :P

#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5170 posts) -

@Animasta said:

SPOILERS;

God damn it Animasta! Why didn't you use tags!? Guess I don't need to see this now.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (13851 posts) -

Man, I'm trippin balls here I've only ever heard the english version of DBZ and that voice coming out of Goku is messing with my head. Does he always sound like that in the Japanese version?

#15 Posted by EpicSteve (6439 posts) -

I'm a huge DBZ fan but think all the movies are garbage. It's probably because hardly any of them fit in the timeline of the show, so as a crazy person, this bothers me.

#16 Posted by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

That is possibly the most appropriate name for a Dragonball Z thing at this point.

#17 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3031 posts) -

Who's even alive at this point?

#18 Posted by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

@Demoskinos: He has always sounded like that. I've heard his Japanese voice a fair amount, but growing up with the dub, I still find the difference a little jarring. lol

That 2008 short film special they did was pretty enjoyable, but I've never been a fan of the movies.

#19 Posted by cannonballBAM (593 posts) -

Masako Nozawa voices Goku in Japan.

#20 Posted by LiquidPrince (15606 posts) -

Fucking finally. Modern day animation DBZ is going to be epic. Also Luffy's voice was in there for some reason!

#21 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

New DBZ? I don't need this gas money anymore right? (Obligatory english dub fanaticism is necessary here)

Still weirds me out every time I hear his Japanese voice...

#22 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: Mayumi Tanaka voices Luffy and Krillin. She does Yajirobe too.
#23 Posted by Mezmero (1643 posts) -

Well at least the animation looks smooth. So who are the Gods exactly? I recognize Anubis but will they all be based on the Egyptian pantheon or will there be references to other faiths? Trying to say that the DBZ characters are cooler than the old Gods seems a bit indecent but I would never put it passed anime to do something so crazy. Probably not going to watch it since I kind of hate these movies and they always end up ruining my fondness for the old school series. I think what's-her-face is a pretty good casting as Big Mam in One Piece but I could never stand her as Goku. Pass-edena.

#24 Posted by RobotHamster (4156 posts) -

I think this is gonna be fun to watch, its been so long since I've seen Dragonball the nostalgia is kicking in full force right now!

#25 Posted by DarthOrange (3497 posts) -

Hooray for more DBZ!

#26 Posted by EchoEcho (807 posts) -

I'm on board...if there's an English dub.

#27 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

I will watch it just for the animation. Unlikely Vegeta will get his moment in the sun. And from the looks of the comments, this is another case where I have hope because all I had ever read was people declaring that all Japanese voice acting was better than the English no matter what anime or game. Fuck that.

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

I once watched the very first episode of Dragonball Z and said "this is stupid," and haven't seen an episode since.

...I kinda want to watch the Dragonball anime. All of it.

#29 Posted by cannonballBAM (593 posts) -
#30 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

I predict a "1 day release in american theaters sort of thing" (but that doesn't mean i wont try to see it)

#31 Posted by pyrodactyl (1642 posts) -

@cannonballBAM said:

@TheHBK: I know it is little incentive especially considering how they treated the non Goku related characters from films 7 and up.

But...

This came out of VJumpfor the film.

Always thought that super sayan 3 form was oh sooo dumb. Even the bullshit 4th form looks less stupid. I mean why is there no eyebrows? WHY?!?

#32 Posted by Grixxel (758 posts) -

I love Dragonball and DBZ is pretty good but ... eeeeeh.

#33 Posted by rubberluffy (411 posts) -

Goku's Japanese VA is 76 years old and still voicing him. That's crazy.

#34 Posted by Daneian (1172 posts) -

I will watch this if Vinny provides a commentary track.

#35 Posted by gla55jAw (2682 posts) -

My mind was just blown. I can't believe this is real.

#36 Posted by Pepsiman (2449 posts) -

Every time I watch stuff like that, I wonder at what cost my fluency in Japanese really came to me and whether it was worth it in the end. I don't have any particular nostalgia for the series haven't not grown up with it, so that probably plays a part of it, but man... that be some asinine writing they've got going on with that character dialog if you know what they're saying.

#37 Edited by xlab3000 (26 posts) -
#38 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

Why are they making this? Is DragonBall Z still so popular they felt the need to make another movie? Are there going to be aryan jokes in this one too?

#39 Posted by HinaSarutobi (1 posts) -

I heard that the English version is coming out ASAP maybe this April 24th, and I also heard that they are planning to make a new Dragon Ball Z series, maybe they continue off of Pan's grandson, or maybe just totally new characters. Who knows. For now, I'm watching Dragonball Absalon, it's really good for fan made stuff surprisingly xD

#40 Edited by jiggajoe14 (514 posts) -

I have come to hate DBZ so so much so I'll skip this.

#42 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2595 posts) -

I'll skip it. The new Evangelion movie on the other hand!

#43 Edited by super2j (1610 posts) -

I have been excited for months. I am still debating if I watch this japanese version or wait for the english dub. Im probably just gunna watch both. The time it would take it to come out here with the adult sounding Goku, I will probably have forgotten most of it. I know its not going to be much different but I find that DBZ is like the only thing I consider myself obsessed with.

#44 Posted by Humanity (7947 posts) -

Glad to know they're keeping the animation quality the same as it was 20 years ago to appease the hardcore fans.

#45 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I need to get the older movies in my rotation.

#46 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

God cant believe this stuff is still being made.

#47 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1854 posts) -

This and Star Wars were series from my youth that adored, but now I cannot stand them. Getting older sucks sometimes.

#48 Posted by Basm321 (112 posts) -

The movies are fine and all, but I just want Raging Blast 3

#49 Edited by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

@basm321 said:

The movies are fine and all, but I just want Raging Blast 3

So you're the one they keep making DBZ games for. Nice to meet ya.