• 112 results
#1 Edited by Sweep (8826 posts) -

Sometimes you wake up on a Sunday afternoon and you check the fridge (always check the fridge) and there is nothing to drink except beer. But you have to shower, right, because you're not a slob? So you drink the beer in the shower. Right? That's an economic use of time. Pragmatic, even.

Good. I'm glad we all agree.

#2 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Did you get so mad at Dota 2 that you decided to get wasted in the shower, Sweep?

#3 Posted by Sweep (8826 posts) -
#4 Edited by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

@sweep: *Did you get so mad at complete fuckoff morons in Dota2 that you decided to get wasted in the shower, Sweep?

#5 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3803 posts) -

Showr Beer is one of the finest things you can do with your time. Anybody who doesn't recognize that I cannot be friends with.

#7 Posted by Sweep (8826 posts) -

It's only a beer, it's not a bottle of vodka. Vodka is more of a bath drink, anyway.

#8 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

@sweep: What would you mix the Vodka with when taking a bath? For the record, Whiskey is the real bath drink.

#9 Posted by buzz_clik (6930 posts) -

To quote Ben Kingsley's pitbull of a man Don in Sexy Beast, you've got to do simply for "the sheer fuck off-ess of it all."

Not only do you have to do this thing, but I'm kinda pissed at myself that I've not done it first myself.

Also, I haven't seen Sexy Beast in hells of too long.

#13 Edited by Sweep (8826 posts) -

@tobbrobb: Depends what kind of vodka it is. If it's classy vodka then drink it straight.

I can rarely afford classy vodka. Sadface.

#14 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1919 posts) -

I like the improvement in efficiency, but I'd be afraid of getting soap in my beer or warming it up too quickly. I can't let anything ruin my precious precious beer.

#15 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

Well I suppose if you're drinking from a bottle you can put a little saran wrap over the bottle then stick a straw through the wrap. That way, you minimize the shower water that gets into the beer.

#17 Edited by Video_Game_King (36088 posts) -

I feel like you'd lock this thread as spam if you didn't post it.

#18 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

There is no discussion value here, please refer to our Giant Bomb rules and FAQ thread about spam

Locked.

#19 Edited by Inkerman (1449 posts) -

Drinking that beer in the car on the way to work, now that's an economic use of time.

#21 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -

@inkerman: I more often feel that way about drinking one on the way back to help me unwind.

#22 Edited by GorillaMoPena (1952 posts) -

I would have just skipped the shower today and drank the beer with breakfast.

#23 Posted by rentfn (1278 posts) -

There was many a Sunday in college when I would wake up with a beer in the shower!!!

#24 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

This is not unusual and completely normal, since I don't feel guilty doing the same thing. But I have drank Boone's Farm while taking a shower, and that I feel guilty for.

#26 Edited by mercutio123 (468 posts) -

#28 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

Showr Beer is one of the finest things you can do with your time. Anybody who doesn't recognize that I cannot be friends with.

dude, i have a beer-shower all the time. they're fantastic. and i'm not even kidding. if you want to take your shower even further, might i suggest the 'heavy metal shower.' you got yer shower, you got yer beer, and throw on some maiden, early metallica, or your your choice of melodic thrash. but nothing black- black metal's for chumps.

(i'm just kidding about the black metal. or am i? no but seriously- hot shower + cold beer + heavy tunes...pure bliss.)

#29 Edited by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

I don't even drink beer out of the shower, let alone in it, but even if I did I wouldn't drink it in the shower. I wouldn't drink anything in the shower.

Taking a shower is neither the time nor the place for multitasking, it's a time for standing under the hot water like a brain dead zombie until you have to get out and do life stuff.

I disagree! Drunk/drinking threads and relationship advice threads get the most leniency on this site, and I for one am grateful for that!

#30 Edited by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Step A: Sweep posts (or allows something to be posted) that technically violates the forum rules.

Step B: Users freak about about about the perceived hypocrisy.

Step C: Mods nonchalantly ignore complaints, stand their ground, thread eventually dies.

End result: Life goes on, GB still has the coolest mods around, and threads like these are some of my favorites around.

#31 Posted by MB (12068 posts) -

Cold beer in a hot shower is one of my guilty pleasures. It has to be a light beer, though, and ice cold.

@video_game_king said:

I'm sure you guys will get over it.

#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

#33 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

Taking a shower is neither the time nor the place for multitasking...

now you're just spreading misinformation. i've had bagel-showers, sandwich showers, cereal showers...need i go on?

FACT: everything is enhanced by a shower- especially beer.

@mb said:

Cold beer in a hot shower is one of my guilty pleasures.

it's nothing to be ashamed of, son. let go of your guilt, and embrace the eternal (hot water + cold beer).

#34 Edited by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -

Beer is gross. You gross people.

#35 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3058 posts) -

I can't get over the fact you're drinking in the morning let alone in the shower. I think drinking should be saved for the late afternoon / evening or the morning bbq event.

#38 Edited by planetfunksquad (401 posts) -

The only reason I take a shower is so I can drink a shower beer.

#39 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1672 posts) -

@planetfunksquad: You posting a BTMI! song means we are now best friends forever.

#40 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1919 posts) -

@mellotronrules: Your enthusiasm is making me want to take one. So what's the technique, do you drink quickly at the start or spread the beer out over the length of the shower? One beer, or multiple?

#41 Posted by planetfunksquad (401 posts) -

@beard_of_zeus: Let's put on To Leave or Die in Long Island and get weird, bro.

#42 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

I don't know about shower beer, but sauna beer is the best.

#44 Posted by austinmiller (105 posts) -
#45 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

Taking a shower is neither the time nor the place for multitasking...

now you're just spreading misinformation. i've had bagel-showers, sandwich showers, cereal showers...need i go on?

In the shower I just want to shut down and, for one brief moment during the day, enjoy being alive. If I can't do that during a shower when can I?! I'll eat the cereal afterwards and be 10 minutes late to whatever life stuff I'm late for.

In fact, I'm going to go take a late shower now. The rest of my day shall be all downhill from then on.

#46 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin:

the key is to go with what works for you personally. if anything feels uncomfortable or unsafe, stretch it out and give it a rest.

personally, i like to grab a single tallboy (or pint) and let that do me over the course of the shower. it's not a race- no need to get good and ham-dammered. you gotta let that shower and that brew-dawg BREATHE.

#47 Edited by coaxmetal (1580 posts) -

I think ill have a shower beer now

#48 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -
#49 Posted by DefaultProphet (377 posts) -

It's great. So great.

#50 Posted by Hunter5024 (5552 posts) -

I've had shower spaghetti.