Drivers, Why bother.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By PufferFiz

So decided to Update my sound cards drivers tonight. Went on the official site and found the page for my card. Downloaded the drivers. Installed them, with many restarts. Man so many great new features! I love the one that makes it so MY SPEAKERS DONT FUCKING WORK. Really it is not like they didn't work before so I just decided to update them out of responsibility and what do I get no audio. If I knew that would happen I would have been content with using the Default 6 year old drivers. Currently have my speakers plunged directly to the Mobo. honestly can't tell much of a difference. I am going to sleep this stress off, maybe I'll find some way to get the old ones back ( online or dig around to find the install cd)

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PufferFiz

So decided to Update my sound cards drivers tonight. Went on the official site and found the page for my card. Downloaded the drivers. Installed them, with many restarts. Man so many great new features! I love the one that makes it so MY SPEAKERS DONT FUCKING WORK. Really it is not like they didn't work before so I just decided to update them out of responsibility and what do I get no audio. If I knew that would happen I would have been content with using the Default 6 year old drivers. Currently have my speakers plunged directly to the Mobo. honestly can't tell much of a difference. I am going to sleep this stress off, maybe I'll find some way to get the old ones back ( online or dig around to find the install cd)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

This is why I like Linux and OSX...the drivers are all automatic and don't have to worry about them.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By nicolenomicon

Ah, I can give you a quick comment here. I actually alternate between to drivers for my graphics card because NeverWinter Nights seems to screw up with later ones. But some games only work with new ones. So yeah, it is kinda fucking ridiculous. So for your issue just go into your device manager and look for you sound card, go into properties and say roll back drivers.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PufferFiz
@SL33TBL1ND said:
" Ah, I can give you a quick comment here. I actually alternate between to drivers for my graphics card because NeverWinter Nights seems to screw up with later ones. But some games only work with new ones. So yeah, it is kinda fucking ridiculous. So for your issue just go into your device manager and look for you sound card, go into properties and say roll back drivers. "
Tried that but said there was no back up, so I am going to look through some boxes to find the install cd so I can reinstall the card( I think I know what box it is in,just moved).
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PufferFiz
@dcpc10 said:
" Tell me about it dude. Ever since I updated my sound drivers, my computer sometimes goes silent after restoring from Hibernation mode. >_> I could never find a fix and everyone told me ''it's cause you have vista''. Anyways though, is your computer pre-made from a company? If so, check their site and special drivers should be available from there. If not, sorry I couldn't be much of a help. "
I built it, thanks for the comment though.