• 68 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Insectecutor (1177 posts) -

Just thought I'd leave this here.

We need this guy on the GB TrackMania server, god damnit.

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Still sounds like Transformers having sex or diarrhea to me.

#3 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5061 posts) -

I like dubstep. People will always not like dubstep though. And be mean about it.

#4 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

That is unbelievable. He is so talented to do that. Whoever he is, he could actually become famous for a talent like that. I had to keep looking at the video to be sure it was actually someone doing it and not just a track playing.

#5 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Dubstep is the new Crab Core

#6 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

HOLY SHIT! "head explodes"

#7 Posted by Hameyadea (344 posts) -

I personally don't like Dubstep, but each has his/her own flavours. As a side note, this guy is frighteningly good.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. 
 
That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz.  Wub wub wub.
#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

That looks pretty embarrassing. 

#10 Posted by Mageman (351 posts) -

The drop sounded better than I expected. Really good.

#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz. Wub wub wub.

Sure that's why. But you're right, these forums would be better if every thread just had a video from youtube in it and no discussion value at all. you're right, I'm with you buddy.

#12 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Ah, the dubstep thread.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz. Wub wub wub.

Sure that's why. But you're right, these forums would be better if every thread just had a video from youtube in it and no discussion value at all. you're right, I'm with you buddy.

Oh, I forgot that if that rule gets lifted or loosened up, every thread on these forums would consist of a youtube video and discussions would end forever. My bad!
#14 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz. Wub wub wub.

Sure that's why. But you're right, these forums would be better if every thread just had a video from youtube in it and no discussion value at all. you're right, I'm with you buddy.

Oh, I forgot that if that rule gets lifted or loosened up, every thread on these forums would consist of a youtube video and discussions would end forever. My bad!

It's ok, just as long as you can admit that it was your bad.

#15 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Still sounds like Transformers having sex or diarrhea to me.
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: Haha, dick. 
  
 
@Vodun said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Still sounds like Transformers having sex or diarrhea to me.
Woah. I had her watch that episode just last week. Trippy, man.
#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: That's me :P

#18 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: I'm inside your head dude!

#19 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I think they have medication for this.

#20 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Bwaaaa Bwaaaa!

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:
@ZeForgotten: Haha, dick. 
  
 
@Vodun said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Still sounds like Transformers having sex or diarrhea to me.
Woah. I had her watch that episode just last week. Trippy, man.
Indeed.
But I don't mean to say Dubstep is shit, I often hear it when I'm working and the radio is on and I don't mind it.
Not as much as I mind hiphop or RnB that is.
#22 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

I guess I'll be the one to say that GOD DAMN WOBBLESTEP THAT'S NOT REAL DUBSTEP REAL DUBSTEP IS MALA AND COKI AND BENGA AND LOEFAH AND BURIAL AND DMZ AND IS DEEP AND SLOW AND CHILL.

But that dude is good at what he does

#23 Posted by drift_tuned (17 posts) -

Would have to be my second favorite genre after technical deathcore.

#24 Posted by whistlebottom (193 posts) -

I've actually gained an interest in the genre just from the many references made by the GB crew. The image of Ryan yelling "Murder She Wrote dubstep" into his iPhone is hilarious based on its absurdity (as was Brad's comment that he was looking for a "Matlock dubstep"), and am curious as to if anyone has links to those specific songs.

@Harkat: Can you define the difference? I'm earnest in wanting to know what defines the genres.

#25 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

Goddammit, why didn't I ever think to try beatboxing wobble bass?! This shit is awesome. Must be tough as all hell.

#26 Edited by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Started cracking up when the little girl started dancing. Pretty crazy though, wonder I woudl view it if I liked dubstep, or whatever that particular song would be classified as.

Ended pretty weakly though.

#27 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@whistlebottom said:

I've actually gained an interest in the genre just from the many references made by the GB crew. The image of Ryan yelling "Murder She Wrote dubstep" into his iPhone is hilarious based on its absurdity (as was Brad's comment that he was looking for a "Matlock dubstep"), and am curious as to if anyone has links to those specific songs.

@Harkat: Can you define the difference? I'm earnest in wanting to know what defines the genres.

Well, here is an example of modern dubstep:

And here is an example of more classic, chilled out "deep" dubstep:

As you can see, there is a massive difference. I like both, but honestly, it's stupid that they even share the same genre name.

I recommend you read the excellent Wikipedia article on dubstep, that should make a lot things very clear.

#28 Posted by alienjones (20 posts) -

@whistlebottom said:

@Harkat: Can you define the difference? I'm earnest in wanting to know what defines the genres.

Harkat makes a good comparison. The 'true' dubstep focuses on the dub part; it's deeper, bassier, and usually more atmospheric. The other side of it is (although there's some middle-ground) the more commercial wobble wobble stuff, chucking in as much bleepy-bloopy fuckery and obnoxious noises possible - especially into each drop. Can't tell I'm biased to one side, right? They each have their place, I suppose.

My comparison would be something like:

Compared to something like:

Drum n bass has gone in slightly similar directions, but I personally feel like it's a far more listenable genre even when it's worse. Although, I can at least applaud Jeff for finding the ...most interesting dubstep remixes out there for the TM2 server.

#29 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@alienjones said:

@whistlebottom said:

@Harkat: Can you define the difference? I'm earnest in wanting to know what defines the genres.

Harkat makes a good comparison. The 'true' dubstep focuses on the dub part; it's deeper, bassier, and usually more atmospheric. The other side of it is (although there's some middle-ground) the more commercial wobble wobble stuff, chucking in as much bleepy-bloopy fuckery and obnoxious noises possible - especially into each drop. Can't tell I'm biased to one side, right? They each have their place, I suppose.

My comparison would be something like:

Compared to something like:

Drum n bass has gone in slightly similar directions, but I personally feel like it's a far more listenable genre even when it's worse. Although, I can at least applaud Jeff for finding the ...most interesting dubstep remixes out there for the TM2 server.

To be fair, UKF Dubstep, which is pretty much the deciding force of what dubstep gets popular, has stopped promoting "wobble-madness" dubstep, and is instead promoting more melodic, unoffensive electro dubstep. The dubstep scene seems to have realized the super-aggro stuff got a bit excessive, but their solution was not to go back to the chilled style, but to make it into pop music instead. Just look at Rusko's newer songs. Straight up pop music. I'm not sure wether this is better or not.

#30 Posted by AbusedGrandpa (4 posts) -

Shit...

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -

I listened to a bunch of dubstep in my buddies car on the way back from thanksgiving dinner... for like an hour and a half. It's pretty shitty.

#32 Posted by morningthief (76 posts) -

I wish people would find another name for this kind of music. No dub or 2-step elements != dubstep.

Proper:

#33 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

That's pretty darn cool , and I will actually stand for a bit and listen to that rather than the shity "rap from the streets" that we get here.

#34 Posted by cribbel1 (60 posts) -

Add some dubstep here :D

#35 Edited by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

@Harkat said:

I guess I'll be the one to say that GOD DAMN WOBBLESTEP THAT'S NOT REAL DUBSTEP REAL DUBSTEP IS MALA AND COKI AND BENGA AND LOEFAH AND BURIAL AND DMZ AND IS DEEP AND SLOW AND CHILL.

But that dude is good at what he does

Yeah, but without the wubwubwub, you have really boring repetitive beats... I'd rather listen to other electronic music at that point. I find all the appeal in that it's trashy and awful, but kinda primal and fun. Without that you're getting deep into generic-town. But that's just me, I can't stand 99% of UK electronic musicians, from the early days of DnB to today. It's all too simplistic. I'm more of a French House guy, I need the disco influences in there.

#36 Posted by Fattony12000 (6965 posts) -

It's no Embers Breaks, that's for sure.

#37 Posted by Sweep (8793 posts) -

This should probably have been locked as youtube spam... but whatever.

I don't actually like dubstep all that much, mainly because the genre has been completely saturated with people adding stupid bass to everything they can get their grubby hands on. Finding good dubstep is pretty difficult.

However:

Moderator
#38 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

worst thing to happen to music since lady gaga

#39 Edited by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of dubstep.

But people can listen too what they want to listen to. Whatever floats yer boat.

I at least like that dubstep is a real underground movement; no real giant labels involved.

#40 Posted by DudeSupreme (206 posts) -

This thread makes me think of this video

#41 Posted by whistlebottom (193 posts) -

@Sweep said:

This should probably have been locked as youtube spam... but whatever.

Perhaps, but I'm of the mind that I would rather bump a thread with a relevant title than create a new thread.

@Harkat: Ok, thanks- that helped. Also, there seems to be a lack of vocals in the 'wobble-bass' type music.

@alienjones: Is that first video an example of the extreme? Though I've just a cursory knowledge of this branch of music, that first one was terribly annoying.

@cribbel1: Nice picks. I ran into Ephixa's stuff early and I'm mixed on it, but that "Song of Storms" is one I really enjoy (b/c, damn, I love me some Song of Storms).

@cnlmullen: "Real instruments"? Are you one of the folks that say rap isn't "real music"?

@MikkaQ: I definitely agree with the 'trashy and primal' appeal, though will disagree on the 'repetitive' part. Having listened to a lot of conventional Verse-Chorus music, I'm at the point where I want songs to only give me one verse, one chorus, a solo if it's warranted, and then stop at 2minutes- unless you have amazing lyrics. I think music can be a journey, and while it's doable in the pop form (something like Yes, or Rush), dubstep seems to be lending itself more towards it.

The replies, so many of them.

Also, I found this on the Youtube and thought it was neat:

#42 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Dubstep is electronic music for people who know nothing about music. 
 
And to your response saying dubstep was something pure before taken over my dudebros: shut the fuck up. I wasn't talking to you. 
 
@whistlebottom said:

I'm at the point where I want songs to only give me one verse, one chorus, a solo if it's warranted, and then stop at 2minutes- unless you have amazing lyrics. I think music can be a journey, and while it's doable in the pop form (something like Yes, or Rush), dubstep seems to be lending itself more towards it.

You sound like you have a super-boring taste in music.
#43 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@Harkat said:

I guess I'll be the one to say that GOD DAMN WOBBLESTEP THAT'S NOT REAL DUBSTEP REAL DUBSTEP IS MALA AND COKI AND BENGA AND LOEFAH AND BURIAL AND DMZ AND IS DEEP AND SLOW AND CHILL.

But that dude is good at what he does

Yeah, but without the wubwubwub, you have really boring repetitive beats... I'd rather listen to other electronic music at that point. I find all the appeal in that it's trashy and awful, but kinda primal and fun. Without that you're getting deep into generic-town. But that's just me, I can't stand 99% of UK electronic musicians, from the early days of DnB to today. It's all too simplistic. I'm more of a French House guy, I need the disco influences in there.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. With the old dubstep, it was pretty much understood that you weren't bothered by repetition. A lot of UK electronic music is quite simple. I absolutely love it though, but to each's own.

#44 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@whistlebottom said:

@Harkat: Ok, thanks- that helped. Also, there seems to be a lack of vocals in the 'wobble-bass' type music.

Not really, there's sort of a movement of pop-like wobble dubstep with artists like Nero, the loved-by-Jeff-and-Ryan Klaypex and Rusko's newer songs. If you want wobble bass music with vocals, here ya go:

#45 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

@whistlebottom said:

@cnlmullen: "Real instruments"? Are you one of the folks that say rap isn't "real music"?

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of rap either.

But I don't say it's not real music. After all:

@cnlmullen said:

But people can listen too what they want to listen to. Whatever floats yer boat.

#46 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@cnlmullen said:

@whistlebottom said:

@cnlmullen: "Real instruments"? Are you one of the folks that say rap isn't "real music"?

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of rap either.

This doesn't make you sound dumb. Like... at all.
#47 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

The beginning kinda reminds me of Hikakin but I would say the drop was actually pretty good.   Now Im gonna say that I hate dubstep.  

#48 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@cnlmullen said:

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of rap either.

May I ask, what does "real instruments" matter?

If the music invokes strong or interesting emotions in me, I could not care less wether it sounds like physical instruments or a computer, or wether those acoustic-sounding sounds are actually acoustic.

Dubstep:

#49 Posted by Mutley (300 posts) -

Dude is insanely good.

Dubstep is awesome!

#50 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

According to Wikipedia, Wobble bass is created when low frequency oscillation is used to rhythmically truncate a pitch with bursts of filter, distortion, or other means of modulation. If this is the case, how does this man do it with his mouth?