Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Insectecutor

Just thought I'd leave this here.

We need this guy on the GB TrackMania server, god damnit.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Still sounds like Transformers having sex or diarrhea to me.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I like dubstep. People will always not like dubstep though. And be mean about it.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xMP44x

That is unbelievable. He is so talented to do that. Whoever he is, he could actually become famous for a talent like that. I had to keep looking at the video to be sure it was actually someone doing it and not just a track playing.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By LiquidSwords

Dubstep is the new Crab Core

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DAFTPUNK

HOLY SHIT! "head explodes"

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hameyadea

I personally don't like Dubstep, but each has his/her own flavours. As a side note, this guy is frighteningly good.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. 

That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz.  Wub wub wub.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By PeasantAbuse

That looks pretty embarrassing. 

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mageman

The drop sounded better than I expected. Really good.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz. Wub wub wub.

Sure that's why. But you're right, these forums would be better if every thread just had a video from youtube in it and no discussion value at all. you're right, I'm with you buddy.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McGhee

Ah, the dubstep thread.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Insectecutor: This thread is going to get locked because people don't like entertaining videos around here. Post a fake "discussion" paragraph discussing what the video is displaying. That was pretty cool, and I don't even like beatboxing maa'fukkaz. Wub wub wub.

Sure that's why. But you're right, these forums would be better if every thread just had a video from youtube in it and no discussion value at all. you're right, I'm with you buddy.

Oh, I forgot that if that rule gets lifted or loosened up, every thread on these forums would consist of a youtube video and discussions would end forever. My bad!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeforgotten

@AhmadMetallic said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Oh, I forgot that if that rule gets lifted or loosened up, every thread on these forums would consist of a youtube video and discussions would end forever. My bad!

It's ok, just as long as you can admit that it was your bad.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vodun

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ZeForgotten: Haha, dick. 

@Vodun said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Woah. I had her watch that episode just last week. Trippy, man.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten

@AhmadMetallic: That's me :P

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vodun

@AhmadMetallic: I'm inside your head dude!

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By 234r2we232

I think they have medication for this.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adamsons

Bwaaaa Bwaaaa!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AhmadMetallic said:
@ZeForgotten: Haha, dick. 

@Vodun said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Woah. I had her watch that episode just last week. Trippy, man.
Indeed.
But I don't mean to say Dubstep is shit, I often hear it when I'm working and the radio is on and I don't mind it.
Not as much as I mind hiphop or RnB that is.
Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Harkat

I guess I'll be the one to say that GOD DAMN WOBBLESTEP THAT'S NOT REAL DUBSTEP REAL DUBSTEP IS MALA AND COKI AND BENGA AND LOEFAH AND BURIAL AND DMZ AND IS DEEP AND SLOW AND CHILL.

But that dude is good at what he does

drift_tuned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By drift_tuned

Would have to be my second favorite genre after technical deathcore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually gained an interest in the genre just from the many references made by the GB crew. The image of Ryan yelling "Murder She Wrote dubstep" into his iPhone is hilarious based on its absurdity (as was Brad's comment that he was looking for a "Matlock dubstep"), and am curious as to if anyone has links to those specific songs.

@Harkat: Can you define the difference? I'm earnest in wanting to know what defines the genres.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MikkaQ

Goddammit, why didn't I ever think to try beatboxing wobble bass?! This shit is awesome. Must be tough as all hell.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vonocourt

Started cracking up when the little girl started dancing. Pretty crazy though, wonder I woudl view it if I liked dubstep, or whatever that particular song would be classified as.

Ended pretty weakly though.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Harkat

@whistlebottom said:

I've actually gained an interest in the genre just from the many references made by the GB crew. The image of Ryan yelling "Murder She Wrote dubstep" into his iPhone is hilarious based on its absurdity (as was Brad's comment that he was looking for a "Matlock dubstep"), and am curious as to if anyone has links to those specific songs.

@Harkat: Can you define the difference? I'm earnest in wanting to know what defines the genres.

Well, here is an example of modern dubstep:

And here is an example of more classic, chilled out "deep" dubstep:

As you can see, there is a massive difference. I like both, but honestly, it's stupid that they even share the same genre name.

I recommend you read the excellent Wikipedia article on dubstep, that should make a lot things very clear.

alienjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alienjones

@whistlebottom said:

Harkat makes a good comparison. The 'true' dubstep focuses on the dub part; it's deeper, bassier, and usually more atmospheric. The other side of it is (although there's some middle-ground) the more commercial wobble wobble stuff, chucking in as much bleepy-bloopy fuckery and obnoxious noises possible - especially into each drop. Can't tell I'm biased to one side, right? They each have their place, I suppose.

My comparison would be something like:

Compared to something like:

Drum n bass has gone in slightly similar directions, but I personally feel like it's a far more listenable genre even when it's worse. Although, I can at least applaud Jeff for finding the ...most interesting dubstep remixes out there for the TM2 server.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Harkat

@alienjones said:

@whistlebottom said:

Harkat makes a good comparison. The 'true' dubstep focuses on the dub part; it's deeper, bassier, and usually more atmospheric. The other side of it is (although there's some middle-ground) the more commercial wobble wobble stuff, chucking in as much bleepy-bloopy fuckery and obnoxious noises possible - especially into each drop. Can't tell I'm biased to one side, right? They each have their place, I suppose.

My comparison would be something like:

Compared to something like:

Drum n bass has gone in slightly similar directions, but I personally feel like it's a far more listenable genre even when it's worse. Although, I can at least applaud Jeff for finding the ...most interesting dubstep remixes out there for the TM2 server.

To be fair, UKF Dubstep, which is pretty much the deciding force of what dubstep gets popular, has stopped promoting "wobble-madness" dubstep, and is instead promoting more melodic, unoffensive electro dubstep. The dubstep scene seems to have realized the super-aggro stuff got a bit excessive, but their solution was not to go back to the chilled style, but to make it into pop music instead. Just look at Rusko's newer songs. Straight up pop music. I'm not sure wether this is better or not.

AbusedGrandpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AbusedGrandpa

Shit...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By toowalrus

I listened to a bunch of dubstep in my buddies car on the way back from thanksgiving dinner... for like an hour and a half. It's pretty shitty.

morningthief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By morningthief

I wish people would find another name for this kind of music. No dub or 2-step elements != dubstep.

Proper:

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AngelN7

That's pretty darn cool , and I will actually stand for a bit and listen to that rather than the shity "rap from the streets" that we get here.

cribbel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cribbel1

Add some dubstep here :D

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikkaQ

@Harkat said:

I guess I'll be the one to say that GOD DAMN WOBBLESTEP THAT'S NOT REAL DUBSTEP REAL DUBSTEP IS MALA AND COKI AND BENGA AND LOEFAH AND BURIAL AND DMZ AND IS DEEP AND SLOW AND CHILL.

Yeah, but without the wubwubwub, you have really boring repetitive beats... I'd rather listen to other electronic music at that point. I find all the appeal in that it's trashy and awful, but kinda primal and fun. Without that you're getting deep into generic-town. But that's just me, I can't stand 99% of UK electronic musicians, from the early days of DnB to today. It's all too simplistic. I'm more of a French House guy, I need the disco influences in there.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fattony12000

It's no Embers Breaks, that's for sure.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By sweep  Moderator

This should probably have been locked as youtube spam... but whatever.

I don't actually like dubstep all that much, mainly because the genre has been completely saturated with people adding stupid bass to everything they can get their grubby hands on. Finding good dubstep is pretty difficult.

However:

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tunaburn

worst thing to happen to music since lady gaga

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cnlmullen

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of dubstep.

But people can listen too what they want to listen to. Whatever floats yer boat.

I at least like that dubstep is a real underground movement; no real giant labels involved.

DudeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DudeSupreme

This thread makes me think of this video

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sweep said:

This should probably have been locked as youtube spam... but whatever.

Perhaps, but I'm of the mind that I would rather bump a thread with a relevant title than create a new thread.

@Harkat: Ok, thanks- that helped. Also, there seems to be a lack of vocals in the 'wobble-bass' type music.

@alienjones: Is that first video an example of the extreme? Though I've just a cursory knowledge of this branch of music, that first one was terribly annoying.

@cribbel1: Nice picks. I ran into Ephixa's stuff early and I'm mixed on it, but that "Song of Storms" is one I really enjoy (b/c, damn, I love me some Song of Storms).

@cnlmullen: "Real instruments"? Are you one of the folks that say rap isn't "real music"?

@MikkaQ: I definitely agree with the 'trashy and primal' appeal, though will disagree on the 'repetitive' part. Having listened to a lot of conventional Verse-Chorus music, I'm at the point where I want songs to only give me one verse, one chorus, a solo if it's warranted, and then stop at 2minutes- unless you have amazing lyrics. I think music can be a journey, and while it's doable in the pop form (something like Yes, or Rush), dubstep seems to be lending itself more towards it.

The replies, so many of them.

Also, I found this on the Youtube and thought it was neat:

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By napalm

Dubstep is electronic music for people who know nothing about music. 

And to your response saying dubstep was something pure before taken over my dudebros: shut the fuck up. I wasn't talking to you. 

@whistlebottom said:

I'm at the point where I want songs to only give me one verse, one chorus, a solo if it's warranted, and then stop at 2minutes- unless you have amazing lyrics. I think music can be a journey, and while it's doable in the pop form (something like Yes, or Rush), dubstep seems to be lending itself more towards it.

You sound like you have a super-boring taste in music.
Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Harkat

@MikkaQ said:

@Harkat said:

Yeah, but without the wubwubwub, you have really boring repetitive beats... I'd rather listen to other electronic music at that point. I find all the appeal in that it's trashy and awful, but kinda primal and fun. Without that you're getting deep into generic-town. But that's just me, I can't stand 99% of UK electronic musicians, from the early days of DnB to today. It's all too simplistic. I'm more of a French House guy, I need the disco influences in there.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. With the old dubstep, it was pretty much understood that you weren't bothered by repetition. A lot of UK electronic music is quite simple. I absolutely love it though, but to each's own.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Harkat

@whistlebottom said:

@Harkat: Ok, thanks- that helped. Also, there seems to be a lack of vocals in the 'wobble-bass' type music.

Not really, there's sort of a movement of pop-like wobble dubstep with artists like Nero, the loved-by-Jeff-and-Ryan Klaypex and Rusko's newer songs. If you want wobble bass music with vocals, here ya go:

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cnlmullen

@whistlebottom said:

@cnlmullen: "Real instruments"? Are you one of the folks that say rap isn't "real music"?

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of rap either.

But I don't say it's not real music. After all:

@cnlmullen said:

But people can listen too what they want to listen to. Whatever floats yer boat.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
@cnlmullen said:

@whistlebottom said:

Personally, as a fan of melody, meaning and real instruments, I am not a fan of rap either.

This doesn't make you sound dumb. Like... at all.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beginning kinda reminds me of Hikakin but I would say the drop was actually pretty good.   Now Im gonna say that I hate dubstep.  

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Harkat

@cnlmullen said:

May I ask, what does "real instruments" matter?

If the music invokes strong or interesting emotions in me, I could not care less wether it sounds like physical instruments or a computer, or wether those acoustic-sounding sounds are actually acoustic.

Dubstep:

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mutley

Dude is insanely good.

Dubstep is awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Wikipedia, Wobble bass is created when low frequency oscillation is used to rhythmically truncate a pitch with bursts of filter, distortion, or other means of modulation. If this is the case, how does this man do it with his mouth?