#1 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

So, i've been playing Lollipop Chainsaw and one of the things that really shines in that game, is the soundtrack. While on the Viking Stage, two songs left me curious. Namely, Viking Seaand Great Storm. I thought that the two songs were amazing and i ask you duders, do you know more songs like these ones? Do you at least know the genre of these songs so i can search for more? I'll give a bear hug for anyone that helps me. Thanks y'all.

EDIT: Also, this is on Off-Topic because it's a music subject, even though it has to do with a game.

#2 Edited by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

I'm not a music snob so I can't give you any advice on the genre name, but hearing those songs made me think of this one. No idea what the rest of their music is like but you may want to start there. Song starts at round 8-10 seconds in.

#3 Posted by Slay3r1583 (639 posts) -

They sound kind of Folk Metal to me.

#4 Posted by Blannir (250 posts) -

Genre could fall into Folk/Power/Viking metal.

Check out Finntroll, Falconer, Sig:Ar:Tyr, Tyr, and Ulver.

#5 Edited by corewalker (35 posts) -

Viking Sea = Sovngarde swing

I searched Viking Metal and got a few similar tunes, minus the synth.

You could always ask this guy.

#6 Posted by AssInAss (2741 posts) -

@Slay3r1583 said:

They sound kind of Folk Metal to me.

That would be about right.

Irish folk metal, or "Celtic metal".

#7 Posted by deadeyes (71 posts) -

Viking metal - Unleashed, Amon Amarth and heidevolk(kinda).

The battle with Vikke was calling out for some Amon Amarth

#8 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

@MikeGosot:

#9 Posted by EVO (3940 posts) -

I could only take like 5 seconds of those songs, but I got a Flogging Molly vibe.

#10 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

It has already been stated but 5 seconds in to the song and I defiantly got a Dropkick Murphy's vibe

#11 Posted by Stete (748 posts) -
#12 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Stete: @Akeldama: Wow, thanks guys. That was definitely what i was looking for.
#13 Edited by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

Ah, good old folk metal. One of my favorites. Bands to check out: Arkona, Turisas, Eluveitie, Summoning (if you're in the mood for something slow but extremely epic - this is one of my favorite bands of all time), Bathory (mid to later years), Ensiferum... This list could go on for a very long time.

Edit: Now with video!

Here's a list of 2,031 folk/viking metal bands.
#14 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -

Strapping Young lad may be a band for you? not sure i dont like it in any case