Dust:An Elysian Tale

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By calidan777

I heard about this game the other day listening to a podcast (I can't remember witch one,I listen to quite a few of them) and decided to go check it out.Graphically the game looks beautiful,but the animation is the real star here as the movements look very,very fluid.It looks to be a kind of 2-D side scrolling action-rpg.Judging by the video you can really rack up the combos and there appears to be alot happening on screen at once.The crazy thing is that this is an indie game that is a contestant in Microsoft's XNA Dream.Build.Play contest.I really hope they release this for XBLA and soon as I would love to get my hands on this game.And to think that there are still people who don't consider games as an art form,madness I tell you,madness.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By calidan777

I heard about this game the other day listening to a podcast (I can't remember witch one,I listen to quite a few of them) and decided to go check it out.Graphically the game looks beautiful,but the animation is the real star here as the movements look very,very fluid.It looks to be a kind of 2-D side scrolling action-rpg.Judging by the video you can really rack up the combos and there appears to be alot happening on screen at once.The crazy thing is that this is an indie game that is a contestant in Microsoft's XNA Dream.Build.Play contest.I really hope they release this for XBLA and soon as I would love to get my hands on this game.And to think that there are still people who don't consider games as an art form,madness I tell you,madness.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I don't like the main characters art at all, I don't find him visually appealing and I doubt many will. All the animation is beautiful except for the protagonists running motion, which is shockingly bad. It puzzles me how they can see nothing wrong with it. 

I also think the art used in text box screens looks plain ugly, like the kind of thing you you would find on a cheap birthday card. This indie game looks likes it's taken much from Muramasa, a game which for me easily has a better quality of art. but sadly lacks the HD graphics and the same frames of animation. 

I might be interested if stuff is sorted out, and if it ever gets released of course.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By calidan777
@Linkyshinks: it says that they are going to fix the running animation but I agree with you on the text.I've been reading alot about Muramasa,I need to check that out.