• 146 results
Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

So the team has arrived in LA, we've checked into our hotel, put some beverages on ice. Once we got settled and Jeff got an adequate amount of lights-out-no-shoes time, we headed over to the convention center to pick up our media badge holders (also known as a lanyard.) Everyone out there seems eager to know how things are shaping up at the Los Angeles Convention Center with E3 returning to the main halls, so I figured I'd provide you with an exclusive, pre-E3 sneak peek at an oft overlooked aspect of the show--the garbage cans. As you can see, people are already throwing stuff away like crazy. I can only imagine how nuts things are going to get once the show actually starts!

#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

So the team has arrived in LA, we've checked into our hotel, put some beverages on ice. Once we got settled and Jeff got an adequate amount of lights-out-no-shoes time, we headed over to the convention center to pick up our media badge holders (also known as a lanyard.) Everyone out there seems eager to know how things are shaping up at the Los Angeles Convention Center with E3 returning to the main halls, so I figured I'd provide you with an exclusive, pre-E3 sneak peek at an oft overlooked aspect of the show--the garbage cans. As you can see, people are already throwing stuff away like crazy. I can only imagine how nuts things are going to get once the show actually starts!

#2 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Oh Giant Bomb, you so crazy.

#3 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

haha

#4 Posted by Terra1909 (313 posts) -

nice cans!

#5 Posted by ChrisTaran (1665 posts) -

I think you should take some shots of the crew standing next to the trash cans.  Could be some sort of impressionistic photography.

#6 Posted by Meltbrain (2975 posts) -

Hahahah, yes!

#7 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

Holy crew cut Batman

#8 Edited by Legendary (139 posts) -

Jeff got a hair cut.. just like he said in the Podcast..haaahaaaaaa! Jeff is also taking it from BOTH sides...wait what?

#9 Posted by rargy (437 posts) -

Trash Panic - out now!

#10 Posted by SoulEdgeSlayer (534 posts) -

Haircut!

I expect an exponential increase in random objects being posted in relation to how close they are to seeing new games.

#11 Posted by dantebk (218 posts) -

They hand out lanyards on Sunday?  Crap I should have went today.  Tuesday morning is going to be madness.  Holy shirt.

#12 Posted by Djstyles92 (953 posts) -

now thats a lot of garbage cans

#13 Posted by Imbalance (115 posts) -

Haha! Awesome. I love how it's filed under Trash Panic.

#14 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

A very important aspect of E3 to say the least. Did you rummage through the rubbish to find any trash that may contain spoilers or leak information about announcements during the event?

If not go back and do so quickly!

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14426 posts) -

omfg lol. the one where you do the thumbs up is hilarious. stuff like this is why i love giant bomb.

#16 Posted by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

Why do people leave sodas on top the trash cans instead of throwing them away?

#17 Posted by Harknett (153 posts) -

I do not agree with Jeff's sunglasses choice. 

#18 Posted by chickendoughnut (87 posts) -

Jeff got a haircut!

#19 Posted by KommanderCevin (243 posts) -

Yeah, you guys are nuts. More of your type should be involved in the... whatever.

#20 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2499 posts) -
TheMustacheHero said:
Oh Giant Bomb, you so crazy.
^^^ That.
#21 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
@Hamz: Hideo Kojima actually threw away some non-descript manila envelope seconds before the picture with Jeff was taken. Couldn't have been anything important, right?
#22 Posted by Cynical_M (383 posts) -

red trash cans!?

#23 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

Trash collection CONFIRMED for E3. (or is it?)

I knew I could count on you guys for the best industry leaks.

#24 Posted by Earthborn (386 posts) -

Sheesh, and I thought I took odd pictures. Imagine the pics post E3! Hubbada hubbada hubbada!

#25 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -

Jeff I see you got your haircut ahaha. I cant believe I looked through all of those.

#26 Posted by zoozilla (982 posts) -

Contemporary art?

On Giant Bomb?

#27 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
Ryan said:
@Hamz: Hideo Kojima actually threw away some non-descript manila envelope seconds before the picture with Jeff was taken. Couldn't have ... [more]
You know what to do. Find it, get him to sign it or even lick it, give it away as a competition prize!
#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

Jeff got that hair cut, eh?

#29 Edited by MeatSim (10926 posts) -

Looks like E3 has a variety of different trash cans, maybe it should also be a trash can convention as well?

#30 Posted by jakob187 (21731 posts) -
@Hamz: Hopefully, it was probably a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4.
#31 Posted by whatisdelicious (1259 posts) -

This is a great site.

#32 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Its nice to see Giantbomb pay homage to one our great pillars of society - the garbage can.

#33 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

You heard it here first! Giantbomb world exclusive.... trashcans!

#34 Edited by CashBailey (805 posts) -

Freshly-shorn Jeff Gerstmann...

You sexy bitch!!

#35 Posted by Haimster (15 posts) -

The Commando look works for Jeff.

#36 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

.....perfect, this is perfect

#37 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

Trash Panic 2?

YOU GUYS KNOW SOMETHING!
#38 Posted by KingOfIceland (655 posts) -

Thanks for those hot exclusive pics, Giantbomb. Now, if only there was a WORLD EXCLUSIVE E3 trailer for the video tour of the behind the scenes from the photographic session where those pics were taken......

#39 Posted by Rhyno (69 posts) -

Is Jeff pooping in the trashcan whilst wearing grandpa shades?

#40 Posted by IshimuraD (408 posts) -

THAT'S COLD!

#41 Posted by Aaron_G (1617 posts) -

Best coverage yet.

#42 Posted by hammerpants (1 posts) -

Take pictures of the toilets! And see Drea in the back.  Also, try to catch a Fat Sword show.

#43 Posted by lordofultima (6270 posts) -

I like the crazy exposure in this shot, everything glows. Jeff is also not a bad cameraman.

#44 Posted by GaZZuM (445 posts) -

Giant Bomb - EXCLUSIVE

#45 Posted by KongLooey84 (15 posts) -

Amused!

#46 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

The best exclusives are only at gaintbomb.com

#47 Posted by Wrect (317 posts) -

We need to get Drew to come out of his shell.  Let's get the hazing started on that guy!

#48 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

lol great site
can't wait for 2mar

#49 Posted by FrumpyBiscuts (93 posts) -

Randomness FTW 1 1 1 1 1 1

#50 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

You guys are nuts. Freakin' nuts.

...Also, nice haircut, Jeff.