EA Wins Worst Company Of The Year twice in a row.

• 116 results
AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By AiurFlux

There is no fucking way that EA is worse than BoA or BP or a plethora of other shit companies in which the executives should be dragged into the middle of the street and shot publicly. However a part of me, granted it's a very small part but it's still a part, is kind of happy to see this happen to them yet again. Last year it was undeserved. This year there's a very tiny amount of justification.

But this is what happens when you piss off the internet. Don't like it? Don't piss off the internet. It's still fucking retarded and undeserved, but I got more important shit to worry about than EA's hurt feelings.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#103  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Irrational levels of internet outrage run amok. Exactly the sort of thing that often makes me feel embarrassed to consider myself both a gamer and a member of the internet community at large.

I don't even feel like wasting my time going into just how petty complaints about EA business practices are in comparison to companies that are out there straight up destroying people's lives and exploiting entire nations of people.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video game company that makes too much DLC and too many sequels--worst company of the year.

Countless megacorporations profiting off war, destroying the environment, poisoning our food, etc.--whatever.

Goddamnit.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#105  Edited By dethfish

Crossing my fingers for the three-peat next year!

I liked video games better when people spent more time playing games than bitching about the companies that make them.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a bunch of dickheads from 4chan got together and spammed the vote for the second year in a row. Gamers being myopic idiots is not news.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Yeah, my house may be foreclosed but have you seen these Sim City servers?!

I'd love to take a poll of all the people who voted for EA and see how many of them have a mortgage.

haha I'm gonna go with zero, except maybe a couple disgruntled ex-EA employees.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Own3d who didn't pay any of its streamers and eventually went bankrupt.

Nobody can possibly ever care about anything called Own3d.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, a video game company that releases shitty games and continues to be an asshole is nothing compared to a Bank that Can't get you money. Video Games are something you can simply live without where as money is something that essentially runs your life.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jerseyscum

The executives at EA eat newborn babies. I have proof. PM me for details.

HiImRocktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By HiImRocktimus

It's important to remember that this poll is purely for entertainment. The average consumer isn't polled on this, just people who know about the site that is hosting it, thus vote-drives win this over who is really the worst company. If the Consumerist polled your average consumer walking on the side of the road, I doubt EA makes it out of the first round let alone gets nominated.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irrational levels of internet outrage run amok. Exactly the sort of thing that often makes me feel embarrassed to consider myself both a gamer and a member of the internet community at large.

I don't even feel like wasting my time going into just how petty complaints about EA business practices are in comparison to companies that are out there straight up destroying people's lives and exploiting entire nations of people.

Precisely. We can have preferences against the company, sure. However, they're a video game company. Don't like them, don't buy their games. I find it very funny to watch these folks decry EA every chance they get, then see them get hyped over BF4.

It's not like you could, y'know, buy a game from Nintendo, Atlus, Activision, Sony, Sega, Valve....and just not buy an EA game? Naw, that's crazy talk! EA SUX! YEA!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Relevant:

No Caption Provided

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By breton

People shouldn't be surprised, upset, morally outraged, embarrassed to be part of the gaming community or anything of the sort. It's an internet poll. An internet poll. Something that really holds no weight and the result will be forgotten in two days. However, as The Consumerist wrote in one of their articles: "The point of this contest, now in its 8th year, is to enable consumers to send a message to a company that provides goods or services to them. Winning this contest means your customers are trying to tell you something." Jimbo said it well:

@jimbo said:

EA didn't win it twice by accident - that's what the story should be here, from gaming's perspective. No shit they aren't actually the worst company. Maybe the people voting aren't entirely earnest about EA being the worst, but just want to teach them a lesson anyway? It's an opportunity for people who are regularly treated with zero respect by EA to return the favour, that's all.

EA continue to learn fuck all from anything their customers are saying to them, but they sure are great at misdirection and at getting apologist gamers to fight their battles for them.

Anyone who's takes a mocking sense of moral highground on the basis of "internet you're so stupid" are the one's really missing the perspective of a, once again, internet poll. And do EA favor by encouraging the company to ignore the point that "your customers are trying to tell you something."
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So the consumerist (consumerist.com) awarded EA with a Worst Company Of The Year Award, making them win the title twice in a row. I have seen some discussion which focuses on how EA should not have received this award considering the other companies that were in the running. (Comcast, TicketMaster, BoA) I believe that it speaks volumes that EA won again over all those companies, not because there was a vocal minority who voted because of a busted game, forced online play or disappointing ending, but rather because of their horrible business practices. Also, they have won last year, which makes it even worse considering EA would have taken their mistakes in consideration. What do you guys think of this? Should EA have won this award or do you think otherwise?

EDIT: Here's the article. http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

They won precisely because of the vocal minority who voted.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Should they be ranked worst in America no, but I'm not going to berate the internet like so many like to do. EA could do better to not alienate their vocal consumer base. Also we could use more vocal people to speak out about other companies who deserve this honor more.