Early Christmas!

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By Torb

Well before I get to the main topic, lemme just say I rented Mirror's Edge finally and must admit I'm a little let down. They really had the potential for a lot more BAMF moments but fell really short in that department. It's immersive and I love the way the game feels but the demo was misleading to me. I don't like being on this leash but I still love the game, however painfully short it may be.

Also, finally saw 3:10 to Yuma. Good movie. Not great, but very good. Awesome acting with some bad plot holes kinda sums it up for me. Nice camerawork and amazing locations, to boot.

As for the big news, my lovely wife and I have been doing early Christmas gifts for each other. She got Wii Fit, as previously mentioned, and for some reason she decided to surprise me today with Rock Band 2! So now I have a music game for the first time ever, getting used to the instruments and whatnot. About mastered Drums on Easy and getting the hand of Guitar on Medium, and steadily progressing.

The best part of it all: She actually plays with me! We take turns on the different peripherals. Sometimes she sings, plays drums, and even guitar. I prefer the drums but have been playing the guitar to get better and to try and appreciate it more. All in all, awesome surprise and best of all we are playing together! It's great.

Anywho, that's all :D

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Torb

Well before I get to the main topic, lemme just say I rented Mirror's Edge finally and must admit I'm a little let down. They really had the potential for a lot more BAMF moments but fell really short in that department. It's immersive and I love the way the game feels but the demo was misleading to me. I don't like being on this leash but I still love the game, however painfully short it may be.

Also, finally saw 3:10 to Yuma. Good movie. Not great, but very good. Awesome acting with some bad plot holes kinda sums it up for me. Nice camerawork and amazing locations, to boot.

As for the big news, my lovely wife and I have been doing early Christmas gifts for each other. She got Wii Fit, as previously mentioned, and for some reason she decided to surprise me today with Rock Band 2! So now I have a music game for the first time ever, getting used to the instruments and whatnot. About mastered Drums on Easy and getting the hand of Guitar on Medium, and steadily progressing.

The best part of it all: She actually plays with me! We take turns on the different peripherals. Sometimes she sings, plays drums, and even guitar. I prefer the drums but have been playing the guitar to get better and to try and appreciate it more. All in all, awesome surprise and best of all we are playing together! It's great.

Anywho, that's all :D

AlexMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexMarra

Your wife is really cool  :D

Good luck on getting better. I never played Rock Band before, but I'm sure it's just like Guitar Hero, and the harder difficulties of that game always killed me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Nice man, wife sounds like a keeper ; )
I can`t wait for christmas, I`m hoping for some Rock Band 2 also.

Supercoolbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Supercoolbro

That is really cool =)

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Wesker

Are you from Italy?

Supercoolbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Supercoolbro

What gives you that idea?

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By MsCortana

Sounds good.  You guys enjoy your new stuff. :D

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blinck

I want a life like that when I get married!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By tekmojo

3:10 to Yuma was awesome

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Xandurson

Sounds like you have a good wife there! Rock Band and Guitar Hero are great fun! Especially with friends!

Bram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bram

i wish i had a girlfriend to buy me a present, i have now decided im getting a girlfriend to buy me a present just for christmas, then dump her on boxing day

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By DBoy

Congrats on Rock Band 2.  That is a pretty sweet gift to receive.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

Early Christmas is the best.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stevieq

Cool, enjoy Rock Band. i love it.

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By pill92

3:10 to Yuma was just okay,congratz on the early gift (you lucky bastard)=)