Early Mornings - Who here actually does stuff before work/school?

• 57 results
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

Primarily I'm talking about a workout of some kind. Are you the type of person that wakes up at 5am and actually has a couple of hours to do things before your day starts (school/work/etc)?

I'm at the point where I have the opportunity to start doing that. Morning workout 2 times a week, but should I make that 5am wakeup time a thing for a while instead of just those 2 days? Do you tend to have more energy if you're a morning person? I know your outlook/energy levels tends to improve once you've worked out in the morning and such. Sure, you're not able to have those 2am gaming runs during the week, but if you've got a job/school, you probably shouldn't be doing those anyhow...

Share your lifestyle with me fellow Duders.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

I get up an hour early for work but that is just to give me enough time to get dressed and awake enough so I dont kill someone driving to work.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

My job has forced me to start going to sleep before midnight, and as a result I'm waking up at about 8:30 without an alarm.

It's fucking terrifying.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

I used to wake up an hour early to go on a run three days of the week. When school ended for the summer, though, I pushed it back to an hour before I eat dinner, which I think I prefer. For some reason I get more nauseous in the morning, and it can be very hard for me to get out of bed. It's also much more strict time-wise. If I sleep an extra ten minutes in the morning, then I can't go running. However, at night as long as I start running before I eat, I'm fine.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@Red said:

For some reason I get more nauseous in the morning

I'm the same way. I can't eat anything or do a non-trivial amount of strenuous activity within an hour or so of waking up or I feel ill all day.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By wrecks

Out of bed around 7:30, turn on PC, make coffee, drink coffee, check work email, surf for 30, start working.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

@Ravenlight said:

@Red said:

I'm the same way. I can't eat anything or do a non-trivial amount of strenuous activity within an hour or so of waking up or I feel ill all day.

Yeah same, really. I try to wake up before I need to, but I generally just sleep longer instead.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Canteu

What's a "morning"?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By fattony12000

Out of bed at 7:10.

I am currently unemployed.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous
@AlexW00d said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Red said:

Yeah same, really. I try to wake up before I need to, but I generally just sleep longer instead.

Yeah, me too. Makes it terrible because I then am fucking starving halfway through my first class.
Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Slurpelve

I get up at 5:30,eat breakfast, shower, watch cartoons, go to school.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By me3639

i only work 3 12 hr shifts, which really are only 10-11. So i do everything after work.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I usually wake up like a hour before I have to leave.
Wash, make up, prepare lunch and have time to complain about my life on a forum while sipping my coffee.

That's usually enough.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

I try to wake up around 10 to do some exercise but sometimes you just gotta let the mornings go and sleep till noon. I love that my job lets me do that. Probably not as possible when school lets in.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

i tend to wake up an hour before, make lunch, take shower, then leave. it was last couple of summers where i had to work. i work part time so whenever i have to do.

when i was in college i would wake up take shower and leave.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By l4wd0g

I'm up at 5 AM so I can go on a run before it's too hot outside.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Getz

I wake up at 5 AM so that I can get to my job by 6, where I do intensive manual labor. If I did a workout in the morning, I wouldn't have the strength to do my jobs. What I'm trying to say is fuck your bourgeois cushy-ass job that lets you work out in the mornings.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Sackmanjones

I wake up at 5 because I need to go to work. Which means I would have to wake up at 4 to workout and that's a little too far for me. Although during high school I worked out almost every morning at 530

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I wake up early and hit the gym.  Working out seems less like a chore thanks to podcast.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustySanderke

While I do feel like I have a lot of energy early in the morning, I just can't lift as much as I can later in the day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I usually have too much to do in the evenings, mostly drinking. I would if I could, I think I might try to this year to focus on studying more.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PillClinton

@bartok said:

Working out seems less like a chore thanks to podcast.

Indeed.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@ajamafalous said:

@AlexW00d said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Red said:

Yeah, me too. Makes it terrible because I then am fucking starving halfway through my first class.

Well holy shit. Here I thought it was just me. The eating part is especially true for me. If I eat anything or have like a soda or some shit too early then my stomach is completely screwed for a few hours.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pezen

I can't do that, I am way too good at giving myself misleading arguments as to why I should stay in bed. Which is why I do my workout after I get off work instead, prefer to do it at night also, if at all possible.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Justin258

What I do in the minutes after I wake up almost always determines how the rest of my day is going to go, so I do indeed have to do something as soon as I wake up or my day will be shot as far as productivity goes. However, when I do something it's almost never working out. It's usually read a bit of something, walk downstairs and cook some Eggo's and eat them at the table (not the computer or TV), or cook some eggs, or anything that requires me to move or think in some manner.

Still, I find myself most awake and most ready to work on anything between the strangest hours of 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM. Which sucks, because my body is winding up while everyone else's is winding down.

oneidwille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oneidwille

@me3639 said:

i only work 3 12 hr shifts, which really are only 10-11. So i do everything after work.

Same here, but I have a rotating shift, 6-6, am-pm, pm-am. It affords me a certain lifestyle, so I don't complain much. Just started a little push up/sit up/chin up routine. Need to add some cardio. Should get a bike.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Hizang

For the past few months I wake up at 6 and watch either The Persona 4 Endurance Run or something on Netflix for an hour or two. I'm towards the end of the ER now.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By DoctorWelch

Morning workouts are annoying, I'd rather do afternoon/evening workouts.

legendlexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By legendlexicon

Well, when college starts up for me again, I'll be back into a waking up at 3:30 to 4:00 am schedule, doing a couple hours worth of homework each morning before the day starts.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vodun

I have very little trouble getting up in the morning, but after that I'm slow as fucking treacle...so I get up around 6. Every other day I jog, otherwise I just do a short morning routine and then I try to force myself into the shower and not check any e-mails or stuff like that. On a good day I'm at work around 7, a bad one 8:30.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vodun

@BabyChooChoo said:

@ajamafalous said:

@AlexW00d said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Red said:

Well holy shit. Here I thought it was just me. The eating part is especially true for me. If I eat anything or have like a soda or some shit too early then my stomach is completely screwed for a few hours.

I used to have that as well but it went away. Now I can eat leftover chili in the morning without so much as a rumble.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By morrelloman

Just started a new job super close to my apt. I don't have to leave until 8:40AM, which is insane. I load up on coffee and eat breakfast. I have time for 3 cups of joe and to make eggs and shit. It's pretty amazing.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Chop

I just can't exercise in the morning. I feel like I get drained about a billion times quicker in the morning/early afternoon.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to get up at six in the morning, sans-alarm when I'm on schedule. It's just a habit I've kept since High School since I always took the early 1st period. I love mornings, it's nice and cool and you don't wake up in your own sweat because your room is hot as hell.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Brunchies

I wake up at around 6:45 because school for me starts at 7:20, its terrible.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By _Zombie_
  1. Wake up.
  2. Groan.
  3. Get out of bed.
  4. See sunlight, groan again.
  5. Scratch ass.
  6. Get clean clothes, walk into bathroom, scratch ass again.
  7. Put clothes on the sink counter, as well as a towel. Get in shower.
  8. Yawn, proceed to clean myself.
  9. Get out of shower.
  10. Comb hair. Scratch ass one more time for good measure.
  11. Get clothed, walk out to kitchen.
  12. Consume food that no sensible person would eat for breakfast.
  13. Go watch DVR'd episodes of Doctor Who until it's time to leave.
yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#38  Edited By yevinorion

@morrelloman said:

Just started a new job super close to my apt. I don't have to leave until 8:40AM, which is insane. I load up on coffee and eat breakfast. I have time for 3 cups of joe and to make eggs and shit. It's pretty amazing.

Same sort of thing for me. I just moved into a new apartment that's literally 10 minutes door to door from my work. Right now I usually wake up around 7:30am, laze in bed reading news on the iPad for another half hour, then get up and go make some breakfast while watching the news or Sportscenter. I usually leave for work around 9ish, since I have to be there for 9:30am.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I usually run 6-8 miles as soon as I wake up.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

@BabyChooChoo said:

@ajamafalous said:

@AlexW00d said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Red said:

I'm in the same. Boat after some experimentation on my end. I weirdly enough found it specifically depends on the time of day or me. I can wake up anytime past like 9 and immediately eat something no problem. But if I say up til about 4 and try to eat something. I'll barely be able to keep it down. So basically anytime between the hours of 4 to 9 I can't eat. But I do find if I say wake up at 4 I'll be able to eat at about 6-7. Which means I generally wake up too early just so I can shove down a small snack as I'm leaving the door so I'm not starving all day.

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Voshterkoff

My shift starts at 4am, so I only get up in time to shower and drive to work.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I get up at 4:30 am and leave at 5:15. Work at six and then done at 1:40 in the afternoon. I have plenty of time to jerk off then.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By Hunter5024

I wake up 30 minutes before I go somewhere, and that gives me just enough time to be clean and dressed and sometimes fed before I get somewhere.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I usually get up at 2-3 in the morning before school so I can take a shower, have breakfast, do some unfinished homework and, maybe play a game or watch something on youtube before I head off to school. At least, that's what I did when I was going to school. Now it's summer so I pretty much don't have to worry about it, but school starts back up in about two to three weeks so I'm trying to get back into the habit of going to sleep early and waking up early.

BobaF3tt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BobaF3tt

I wake up at around 5:30am, that gives me 2 hours before I have to catch the bus for university.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By gaminghooligan

I wake up, go for a run, then go to work. Helps me wake up.

WilyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WilyBoy

I normally wake up 30 minutes after I need to leave in order to get to work on time. I have been this way since the 7th grade. The idea of having time to dick around or work out before work is a wonderful fantasy.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chop

Also, even though I don't have a lot of energy in the morning, I still love waking up early... nothing like beating the sunrise to the punch. You end up feeling so much better about the whole day.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Used to get up at 5-530 to workout and/or play games or whatever when I was studying, but these days I'm up at 530 to get ready to go to work, so I do my exercise afterwards (gym three times a week, Kinnect and walks/runs the other days)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I jog and shower in the mornings before school. Ive been getting pudgy lately.