Eat Lead, Halo Wars, Peggle and Vin Diesel

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Edited By Vod_Crack

Hello everyone out there! I hope you had a good weekend and I hope you have a great St. Patrick's Day tomorrow :) This is just all of the stuff that I did last week... check it out! :D

Official Box Art
Official Box Art

• Finished Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard and I actually liked it a lot more than many different reviewers out there. Don't get me wrong, it is just Gears of War knock off which some annoying weapons but I still liked it for what it was, it was quite a fun game. The humour is weak overall but I did laugh everynow and again so I guess that's good enough. I would recommend this game for rent definitely since it is single-player only and you can get an easy 900+ gamerscore if you are into that sort of thing. I did end up trading Eat Lead for full price which I can't complain about.
  • So with that trade in, I got Halo Wars which I do like an awful lot though I am rather shit at it. The only RTS that I was actually any good at was Company of Heroes but I think I will eventually get the knack of this game. The campaign is actually pretty good considering I usually hate RTS campaigns, they are pitiful! But this game is a lot of fun and I think this is by far the best console RTS, bar none.
  • On the same day, Peggle was released onto Xbox Live Arcade and I think this is a must try if you are into games that are just satisfying as hell and really fun to play. It is a puzzle game but you don't have to employ much strategy, it's just loads of fun and for 800 points, the price is right. I did play loads of Peggle Extreme back when that was free with the PC version of The Orange Box but it doesn't have the variety that the full game has. I recommend!
  • And finally, I managed to get around to playing the Wheelman demo which came out a small while ago and I was actually fairly surprised with how fun that was. It was a nice mix between Burnout and GTA which is a clever and fun combination. I don't know how good the full title will be but for a demo, it was a lot of fun. My only complaints were that the handling will take time to get used to and the character models looked somewhat weird. Vin Diesel looks pretty good but maybe not as good as you might expect. I think fellow Giant Bomb user "toolzz360" said it well on his video where he commented on Vin Diesel "looking high." I completely agree.

Riddick 1.
Riddick 1.

Well that is pretty much it but in anticipation of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, I was wondering should I watch the film Pitch Black? Is it a good movie? I heard it is pretty bad but I want some opinions. I already love Escape from Butcher Bay but I feel a bit dumb liking the games and not the movies. Ah well, you guys take it easy!
Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vod_Crack

Hello everyone out there! I hope you had a good weekend and I hope you have a great St. Patrick's Day tomorrow :) This is just all of the stuff that I did last week... check it out! :D

Official Box Art
Official Box Art

• Finished Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard and I actually liked it a lot more than many different reviewers out there. Don't get me wrong, it is just Gears of War knock off which some annoying weapons but I still liked it for what it was, it was quite a fun game. The humour is weak overall but I did laugh everynow and again so I guess that's good enough. I would recommend this game for rent definitely since it is single-player only and you can get an easy 900+ gamerscore if you are into that sort of thing. I did end up trading Eat Lead for full price which I can't complain about.
  • So with that trade in, I got Halo Wars which I do like an awful lot though I am rather shit at it. The only RTS that I was actually any good at was Company of Heroes but I think I will eventually get the knack of this game. The campaign is actually pretty good considering I usually hate RTS campaigns, they are pitiful! But this game is a lot of fun and I think this is by far the best console RTS, bar none.
  • On the same day, Peggle was released onto Xbox Live Arcade and I think this is a must try if you are into games that are just satisfying as hell and really fun to play. It is a puzzle game but you don't have to employ much strategy, it's just loads of fun and for 800 points, the price is right. I did play loads of Peggle Extreme back when that was free with the PC version of The Orange Box but it doesn't have the variety that the full game has. I recommend!
  • And finally, I managed to get around to playing the Wheelman demo which came out a small while ago and I was actually fairly surprised with how fun that was. It was a nice mix between Burnout and GTA which is a clever and fun combination. I don't know how good the full title will be but for a demo, it was a lot of fun. My only complaints were that the handling will take time to get used to and the character models looked somewhat weird. Vin Diesel looks pretty good but maybe not as good as you might expect. I think fellow Giant Bomb user "toolzz360" said it well on his video where he commented on Vin Diesel "looking high." I completely agree.

Riddick 1.
Riddick 1.

Well that is pretty much it but in anticipation of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, I was wondering should I watch the film Pitch Black? Is it a good movie? I heard it is pretty bad but I want some opinions. I already love Escape from Butcher Bay but I feel a bit dumb liking the games and not the movies. Ah well, you guys take it easy!
AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AthleticShark

I am loving Eat Lead. I really could argue the whole "Gears" knock off because every 3rd person is like Gears and its hard to be original now considering everyone (most) love the Gears style of play so people are either gonna say it sucks if it is original because its not like Gears or its a knock off. No one can win.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_destroyer

Pitch Black is pretty good,a good start on Vin Diesels career.I will have to check out Halo Wars and Wheel man later on.RE5 is currently taking over my gaming life.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vod_Crack

@HellBound: It was the weapons that were disappointing in Eat Lead, they felt weak and it would often take many bullets to kill some of the tougher enemies.

@teh_destroyer: Ok thanks for your thoughts!