• 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

I don't know whats gotten into me but all of a sudden I think I wannna go see this movie

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I've heard that it has Julia Roberts.

#3 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  She's not that great of an actress and she's not that attractive either.

#4 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

I dunno I really dislike her too, maybe there is just like subliminal marketing campaign thats getting into my head.

#5 Posted by super_machine (1927 posts) -

This is exactly the type of movie I've been looking for this summer. Julie Roberts is the one actress that can make me go out to the cinema wearingi my trench coat with a bottle of lotion in the pocket.

#6 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

" I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  She's not that great of an actress and she's not that attractive either. "

She is a great actress even though the movies she plays these days isn't that good. And this is the trailer for this movie.
 
 
#7 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

I was attempting at making a bad joke involving the ads, for Eat Pray Love on GB which looks kinda funny. 
 
But anyways this movie could not look more boring and self indulgent.

#8 Edited by roc_553 (203 posts) -

For me, it's not really a question of quality. I just can't figure out why there's an ad for it on the site.  
 
Edit: Oh, I see what your doing. Very dry.

#9 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@roc_553:
Dudes getting paid it is kinda odd but not a big deal.
#10 Posted by Waffles13 (584 posts) -

I really hope the Bomb guys put it up specifically for irony's sake, considering their adamant attitude towards controlling the types of ads.

#11 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

WHAT? I assumed that ad was an ironic joke.

#12 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Waffles13: Thats probably right
#13 Posted by endaround (2129 posts) -
@CitizenKane: Pretty Woman was a big movie and her body double is really hot.  That's basically it.
#14 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

We should all go see this crappy movie

#15 Posted by TekZero (2638 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  She's not that great of an actress and she's not that attractive either. "
I agree 100% that has been my problem with her from the beginning. 
#16 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads. 

#17 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I would see this movie, definitely not in theaters but from netflix or something, if it wasnt for the fact that I hate her. Its not that she is bad at acting, its just that I dont like the way she acts. No matter what the role, she acts like a total bitch, and from what I see in the trailer I'm sure this role will be no different.

#18 Edited by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB: The ads here are very tastefully positioned so I doesn't bother me at all
#19 Posted by dastly75 (112 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:

" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "

I added this site to my adblocker plus as I actually want to support it for giving me so much entertainment.  These are the first ads I've seen here so I actually clicked through them.  Reminds me of:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZTgUxVa28
#20 Edited by TheAdmin (703 posts) -

I don't understand. I thought that the ads were going to be, more or less, hand picked by the individual site editors.  Do the GB crew honestly think that most of their users want to see this movie?  I'm disappointed in the content of the ad, and that they're all flash-based and animated. I thought that was also going to remain at a minimum. 
 
1. Shouldn't this type of ad be on screened.com since it's for a movie? 
2. Isn't the demographic for GB mostly males, age 18-38, which wouldn't want to go see this movie?  
3. Shouldn't ads that go on GB revolve mostly around video games? 

#21 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@99X: I think its a joke, or maybe they have less control over the ads, or maybe the Eat Prey Love ad brings in more money, not sure how these things work though
#22 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@dastly75 said:
" @SoothsayerGB said:

" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "

I added this site to my adblocker plus as I actually want to support it for giving me so much entertainment.  These are the first ads I've seen here so I actually clicked through them.  Reminds me of:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZTgUxVa28 "
Oh man that was a sweet ass trailer I can't wait mostly cause of all the celebs and AWWWWNOLD!!!!!
#23 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Is this the movie that comes the same day as The Expendables? Don't go see it, please.

#24 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:
"Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "

Congrats on not supporting the website then. 
 
Anyways I don't really mind the ads to much, but it is an odd choice.  
My one problem with them though is how they often times shrink the size of the page and will cut off pictures someone posts.
#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  She's not that great of an actress and she's not that attractive either. "
lol thats too true :P 
 
 
go watch Eat Pray Queef
#26 Posted by Sil3n7 (1141 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  She's not that great of an actress and she's not that attractive either. "
I always thought the same thing.
#27 Posted by DerekDanahy (859 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  .... she's not that attractive either.   
Hell, I'll still do her.
#28 Posted by FightTest (23 posts) -

Yeah I really don't understand why an ad for a movie my mother might watch is on GiantBomb.  This is about as poorly targeted marketing as you can find.  Maybe they'll advertise some yeast infection medicine next.  Hopefully it will also be obnoxiously over-animated also.
 
I've got AdBlock turned off for now but shit this is a bad start.

#29 Posted by Milkman (16233 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I never understood the appeal of Julia Roberts.  She's not that great of an actress and she's not that attractive either. "
I don't anyone understands the appeal of Julia Roberts. Mostly because she doesn't have one.
#30 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:
" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "
So that you can avoid supporting a site you enjoy visiting? Alright, but don't complain if the site ever goes under. You sure didn't help out.
#31 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

I think i`ll skip out on this movie

#32 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" I don't know whats gotten into me but all of a sudden I think I wannna go see this movie "
NO!!!! Don't!!!! 
#33 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Babble said:
" @SoothsayerGB said:
" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "
So that you can avoid supporting a site you enjoy visiting? Alright, but don't complain if the site ever goes under. You sure didn't help out. "
Last I checked, most ads pay depending on how many clicks they get. So if the guy has no intention to click on the ad then what's wrong with blocking it?
#34 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I'll watch anything with James Franco, so I suppose I'll see this at some point.

#35 Edited by Babble (1270 posts) -
@ch13696 said:

" @Babble said:

" @SoothsayerGB said:

" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "
So that you can avoid supporting a site you enjoy visiting? Alright, but don't complain if the site ever goes under. You sure didn't help out. "
Last I checked, most ads pay depending on how many clicks they get. So if the guy has no intention to click on the ad then what's wrong with blocking it? "
Or through "ad impressions" which is tracked simply by how many times someone sees an ad, not clicks it. Obviously I can't say which method Whiskey Media uses, but in the past they have directly stated ad blockers would ultimately hurt them.
#36 Posted by FightTest (23 posts) -

Also ad to the complaint pile putting both a horizontal and vertical ad for this crap on the same page.  I mean really.  It's bad enough I get Julia Roberts' horseface giving me the stinkeye in one overly animated spot, I don't need her putting the double hex on me elsewhere on the page also.

#37 Posted by Animasta (14464 posts) -

god you guys are whiners, you see like 2 inobtrusive ads and...

#38 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Babble said:
" @ch13696 said:

" @Babble said:

" @SoothsayerGB said:
" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "
So that you can avoid supporting a site you enjoy visiting? Alright, but don't complain if the site ever goes under. You sure didn't help out. "
Last I checked, most ads pay depending on how many clicks they get. So if the guy has no intention to click on the ad then what's wrong with blocking it? "
Or through "ad impressions" which is tracked simply by how many times someone sees an ad, not clicks it. Obviously I can't say which method Whiskey Media uses, but in the past they have directly stated Ad Blockers would ultimately hurt them. "
It makes sense but I think that would be a stupid idea. I mean, not for the site because they're making money, but for the ad company. There are a lot of people on this site so the ad company is going to end up paying a crap load of money and still not get customers for the movie. If you were to post a poll in the forums about who would see the movie or not, I'm sure about 75% would choose no.
#39 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: The Allen Ginsberg movie looks good
#40 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Hah, us Canadians still get no ads at all. Although, that kind of sucked when there was that contest type thing where Dave picked ads made by users. My ad was picked and I never even got to see it. :'(

#41 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

Giant Bomb: A nonstop parade of bitter tears and quivering jaws!

#42 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @Babble said:
" @ch13696 said:

" @Babble said:

" @SoothsayerGB said:
" Ad?  There is a ad for that movie?  Heeheee.   Was wondering what was up with all the comments.   Precisely why I block ads.  "
So that you can avoid supporting a site you enjoy visiting? Alright, but don't complain if the site ever goes under. You sure didn't help out. "
Last I checked, most ads pay depending on how many clicks they get. So if the guy has no intention to click on the ad then what's wrong with blocking it? "
Or through "ad impressions" which is tracked simply by how many times someone sees an ad, not clicks it. Obviously I can't say which method Whiskey Media uses, but in the past they have directly stated Ad Blockers would ultimately hurt them. "
It makes sense but I think that would be a stupid idea. I mean, not for the site because they're making money, but for the ad company. There are a lot of people on this site so the ad company is going to end up paying a crap load of money and still not get customers for the movie. If you were to post a poll in the forums about who would see the movie or not, I'm sure about 75% would choose no. "
I'm not really here to discuss the "sense" of it, I'm just stating ad impressions is a second way some ad deals are kept track of. Thus why blocking the ads from view can be potentially hurtful to a site, even if you wouldn't click them.
#43 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@sagesebas:  I direct your attention to this
#44 Edited by DharmaBum (1060 posts) -

This movie comes across as uninspired, pseudo-spiritual bullshit that makes stupid people feel warm inside.

#45 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4499 posts) -

OOHHHHHHH. Totally didn't even notice that. Haha. I bet they put it there as a joke.

#46 Posted by FightTest (23 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
" Giant Bomb: A nonstop parade of bitter tears and quivering jaws! "
No, you don't get it.  Long before the advertisements bring me to tears and whimpering I will simply block them.  I'm posting here to point out that this is some shitty advertising for this site, the ads are overly obnoxious (a short trailer, really?), and surround GB's video content on two sides which is a bit over the top.
 
I'm not posting because I'm crying, I'm posting because I like GB and want to support them but these ads really negatively impact my experience on the site.  I'm posting so the administrators know this and can think about making changes to the way they run ads so I don't end up just blocking them.  Stop being such a fanboy when people provide feedback.
#47 Posted by griefersstolemykeyboard (359 posts) -

You guys should move somewhere else, like Norway, I dont see any ads here.

#48 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@mazik765: Haha thanks in all honesty though it was a joke and Eat Pray Love looks terrible
#49 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" I'll watch anything with James Franco, so I suppose I'll see this at some point. "
This. The movie became watchable as soon as I saw him.
 
@CL60 said:
" Hah, us Canadians still get no ads at all. Although, that kind of sucked when there was that contest type thing where Dave picked ads made by users. My ad was picked and I never even got to see it. :'( "
And this, is it like an ad before a video, or like just ads on the site? Screen shot anyone?
#50 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" Is this the movie that comes the same day as The Expendables? Don't go see it, please. "
I'd be cool with an Expendables ad.