#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3410 posts) -

Ok it seems like I'm the only person who does this cause every time I mention it people act like I am nuts but some times on a hot day I will just grab a cold hot dog out of the fridge and eat it.

Is eating cold hot dogs a weird thing to do? Have you ever tried it?

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

This sounds like something Frank Reynolds would do.

#3 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

i did this as a kid

#4 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (865 posts) -

Wait, you can do that?

I thought that'll fuck you up in some bad way or something. I mean, I know the dogs are cooked and all, but isn't it super not recommended to eat 'em right out of the fridge?

#5 Posted by joshwent (2329 posts) -

I've done it, but only out of necessity in a rainy camping situation where the wood is all too wet to start a fire. And... they're not bad cold.

I'd say it still is a weird thing to do, but that's mostly society, maaan. Hot dogs are basically long tubes of bologna, and no one blinks an eye at a cold bologna sandwich. Don't let the sheeple cage you in with their culinary slavery. Free your mind and shove that raw wiener in your mouth! Wait...

#6 Edited by DeadpanCakes (1042 posts) -

Ew

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've done that before and it wasn't bad.

#7 Posted by FinalDasa (1987 posts) -

When I was young, my dad used to get a pack of Hot Dogs out of the fridge and eat a few cold and "raw". I would do the same because dad did it so it HAS to be alright, right?

Needless to say now my durgers have to be warmed over before I'll eat one.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

Personally I prefer to warm up my hot-dog to get my full enjoyment. I have eaten cold hold-dogs in the past, but I still prefer them to be cook. Now a better question would be ''do any prefer to drink cold coffee''?

#9 Edited by Daveyo520 (6930 posts) -

NO

#10 Posted by mosespippy (4381 posts) -

There are 12 in a pack and only 8 buns. Eat the surplus.

#11 Posted by isomeri (1390 posts) -

If by hot dog you mean a wiener, then yeah I've done that in my darkest hours. But eating a full on hot dog with bread, mustard and all refrigerator cold sounds gross.

#12 Posted by baka_shinji17 (298 posts) -

People who do that sicken me.

#13 Posted by VioleGrace (70 posts) -

Wahhh dude i am glad i am not the only one who eats cold hotdogs ! i just pick em up out of the freezer , rinse them with water and eat them , they're pretty much edible , fully cooked by the manufacturer , as long as they aren't old i don't see the problem here...

#14 Posted by Marcsman (3262 posts) -

Gross man just gross

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11458 posts) -

Yeah, that's kinda weird. Cold hot dogs are gross.

#16 Posted by notnert427 (344 posts) -

This sounds like something Frank Reynolds would do.

Haha, exactly.

There's enough gross ingredients in hot dogs already that I feel like it's necessary to cook them in some form or another.

#17 Posted by Veektarius (4984 posts) -

I would do it, but you're supposed to eat a hot hot dog on a hot day, even if that doesn't seem rational. And don't you fucking dare put ketchup on it.

#18 Posted by FonkyMucker (155 posts) -

I saw the title for this thread and though it was going to be about some super depressed duder who can't even bother to use a microwave because life has become so dreary.......Instead I find its filled with weirdos .

COOK YOUR DAMN HOT-DOGS! (weirdos)

#20 Posted by Steadying (1426 posts) -

@fonkymucker: You microwave your hotdogs and you call them weird?

Anyway, I definitely would not eat a cold hotdog. I have a hotdog toaster, so yeah. I do like these things called Vienna sausages, though, which I guess are basically just " uncooked " hotdogs.

#21 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1189 posts) -

It's fine to eat cold hot dogs, provided they are stored properly the is no detrimental side to it... it just doesn't taste as nice.

#22 Posted by billymagnum (837 posts) -

if its store bought hotdogs and not from some weird vendor, whats the problem?

being afraid to eat an uncooked hotdog is like being afraid of eating bologna aka baloney. you silly humans...

#23 Posted by FonkyMucker (155 posts) -

@steadyingmeat:

@fonkymucker: You microwave your hotdogs and you call them weird?

No, that is gross as well.....but considerably LESS gross than Raw-dogging it. Grilling is the obvious best method, but I also don't mind a boiled-dog.

#24 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

Wait, you can do that?

I thought that'll fuck you up in some bad way or something. I mean, I know the dogs are cooked and all, but isn't it super not recommended to eat 'em right out of the fridge?

Wait, what? Any pre-cooked food is entirely okay to eat right from the freezer, so long as you let it thaw enough for your teeth to chew through. It just isn't exactly amazing when it's wet and cold. The feel, the texture, and the flavor is kind of ruined. It's also kind of ruined if you use the microwave to do the heating, but to a much lesser extent than trying to eat it cold.

#25 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

I have had to eat a cold hot dog once or twice out of desperation and it's disgusting. Pop in in the microwave for a minute and at least its edible.

#26 Edited by wrecks (2308 posts) -

As a kid I enjoyed: Sliced uncooked dogs and American cheese on Wonderbread with ketchup. Kids are dumb.