• 71 results
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tariqari

I can't believe it.  For the first time in thousands of years, the Egyptian people decide their own destiny.  Thank God.

I'm so happy for my people.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Well, it's still in the hands of the military. So let's see how it goes from here.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

Next order of business. 
Getting rid of the military who are apparantly backing Mubarak 100%. 

Victory is great!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, thousands of years? Why do I feel like that's a bit of an exaggeration?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

Inb4anewdictatorcomestopower

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

I trust the military not to fuck it up. After what they have seen over the past 18 days, I don't think they would want to do anything stupid. (considering most of the army is made of pro-democracy citizens). Only good from here. 

Ta7ya Masr

Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Dantekiller

grate now i can play games again wait i could do that before Oh my god i have no life 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RE_Player1
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Well, it's still in the hands of the military. So let's see how it goes from here. "
My thoughts exactly. Still a step in the right direction. 
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I don't understand all the involvement with Egypt,yeah they got rid of a tyrant...and,after that i don't know what else to say, congrats?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Bones8677

Yeah I'm watching the AlJazeera live feed on youtube. Obama is speaking about it now.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Great, I guess. I think it's still too early to celebrate though, because all of Egypt's problems aren't going to be magically solved just by getting rid of him. Probably. I don't know. 

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By beej
@TheDudeOfGaming: uh, because there's a certain magnitude to what they did? This is an interconnected world so we should consider potentially massive shifts in government important?
onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By onarum

Yay, now they can elect another egocentric bastard to take Hi's place that will work to acomplish Hi's own goals and luxuries instead of  the welfare of the people, isn't Democracy great?

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By danimal_furry

I'd be a bit cautious with the celebration right now. It's always good for a country's population to find their voice. I just hope they don't get the wool pulled over their eyes, and that they set up a government that is neither extremist nor just another dictatorship.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus
@npeterson08 said:
" @Nasos100: FACT: all muslim dudes are crazy. "
That dude from the Daily Show seems pretty cool...
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@beej: It dosen't directly affect me or my country, so, yeah im indifferent.
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Nasos100
@onarum:  wait you mean putting a paper in a box every four years isnt what democracy is about? damn
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slaker117
@TheDudeOfGaming:  That's incredibly small minded of you.
bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bearshamanbro

Happy for the Egyptian people. Wish them success in building the type of leadership that they have protested for.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikkaQ
@Video_Game_King said:
" Wait, thousands of years? Why do I feel like that's a bit of an exaggeration? "
That's not the exaggeration, it's that they think Egypt is truly free now. There will probably be another coup in good time. The middle east is a chaotic mess as of late.  

But yeah Egypt hasn't really been it's own thing since it was an empire thousands of years ago. Between the Romans, the Muslims, the Ottomans, Muhammad Ali Pasha, and Mubarak (and all the people in between), Egypt has never really belonged to it's people. 
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Azteck

I just hope the next leader doesn't turn out to be an extremist of sorts, because that would fucking suck.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By beej
@TheDudeOfGaming: Might I ask what country you live in?
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Happy also. Hope the egyptians get freedom from that idiot Mubarak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

today is 11 02 2011 HAH. Egyptians have always been into conspiracies.

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@beej: You already did ;)
And Serbia.
Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lotus

Grats, now carefull with the muslims groups taking over, if you wanna keep women equalities of course.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#27  Edited By donutfever
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" Wait, thousands of years? Why do I feel like that's a bit of an exaggeration? "
That's not the exaggeration, it's that they think Egypt is truly free now. There will probably be another coup in good time. The middle east is a chaotic mess as of late.   But yeah Egypt hasn't really been it's own thing since it was an empire thousands of years ago. Between the Romans, the Muslims, the Ottomans, Muhammad Ali Pasha, and Mubarak (and all the people in between), Egypt has never really belonged to it's people.  "
That sentence is funny in a weird way. Like "I'm a Wizard..."
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TomA

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TomA

Mubarak may have stepped down, but he handed the power to his deputy in chief. So until the )hopefully free and fair) democratic election rolls around in September, the country of Egypt is under military rule.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikkaQ
@DonutFever: That might have been written wrong. That sounds like I'm inviting those coups. 

But really I'm just touching on the inevitability of corruption in the middle east. It just happens. I mean sure they overthrew the government, but now the military runs the country, that's where Mubarak and his cronies came from in the first place.  
I'm just... skeptical. We'll see come september when the elections are due though. I sincerely hope for the Egyptians that they get a good government for once. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BraveToaster

It was cool seeing the Christians form a human shield around the Muslims while they prayed.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hicks91

You guys dont know your history do you? Exactly the same thing happened with the Islamic revolution of 1979 and look what happened. 
The absolute worst thing for the egyptians and the world would be the Muslim Brotherhood getting into power. 

Good for the Egyptians, but i dont see things getting better

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ
@Axxol said:
" It was cool seeing the Christians form a human shield around the Muslims while they prayed. "
It was an even nicer gesture when you realize they were returning a favor, the Muslims helped them the same way before. It's good to see that people are actually getting along, and helping each other, even if it's under the unfortunate circumstances of violence. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hicks91 said:
" You guys dont know your history do you? Exactly the same thing happened with the Islamic revolution of 1979 and look what happened. The absolute worst thing for the egyptians and the world would be the Muslim Brotherhood getting into power.  Good for the Egyptians, but i dont see things getting better "
Why do people keep bringing religion into this? This isn't an Islamic revolution, its a revolution for democracy. The brotherhood themselves said they don't want to rule and are just happy to be recognized as a political party. Not to mention the fact that the brotherhood aren't at all extremist as many news channels make them out to be.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BraveToaster
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Axxol said:
" It was cool seeing the Christians form a human shield around the Muslims while they prayed. "
It was an even nicer gesture when you realize they were returning a favor, the Muslims helped them the same way before. It's good to see that people are actually getting along, and helping each other, even if it's under the unfortunate circumstances of violence.  "
Aye.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Axxol said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" @Axxol said:
It was an even nicer gesture when you realize they were returning a favor, the Muslims helped them the same way before. It's good to see that people are actually getting along, and helping each other, even if it's under the unfortunate circumstances of violence.  "
Aye. "
Agreed. Its crazy to think that only a month ago a church was burned.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hicks91
@arab_prince said:
" @hicks91 said:
" You guys dont know your history do you? Exactly the same thing happened with the Islamic revolution of 1979 and look what happened. The absolute worst thing for the egyptians and the world would be the Muslim Brotherhood getting into power.  Good for the Egyptians, but i dont see things getting better "
Why do people keep bringing religion into this? This isn't an Islamic revolution, its a revolution for democracy. The brotherhood themselves said they don't want to rule and are just happy to be recognized as a political party. Not to mention the fact that the brotherhood aren't at all extremist as many news channels make them out to be. "
haha you clearly proved you do not know your history. 
The Islamic Revolution is a completely analogous event in which a despot was thrown out in such haste, that no one noticed they'd ushered in someone much, much worse. 
And as for the brotherhood not being extremist is laughable. Look at one of their offshoots did in the Gaze. Got themselves elected, the preceded to murder the opposition and then refused to hold any other elections, they''re a one vote, once, party.
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By l4wd0g

It'll be interesting to see who fills the power hole. Right now Egypt is the number two recipient of US aid.  If the Muslim Brotherhood takes over, I would assess the aid to become quite a bit less.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hicks91 said:
" @arab_prince said:
" @hicks91 said:
Why do people keep bringing religion into this? This isn't an Islamic revolution, its a revolution for democracy. The brotherhood themselves said they don't want to rule and are just happy to be recognized as a political party. Not to mention the fact that the brotherhood aren't at all extremist as many news channels make them out to be. "
The Islamic Revolution is a completely analogous event in which a despot was thrown out in such haste, that no one noticed they'd ushered in someone much, much worse. And as for the brotherhood not being extremist is laughable. Look at one of their offshoots did in the Gaze. Got themselves elected, the preceded to murder the opposition and then refused to hold any other elections, they''re a one vote, once, party. "
The people of Iran wanted an Islamic Republic, which is not at all what Egyptians want. I haven't forgotten your views on issues like these hicks, so I won't argue you. The brotherhood aren't extremists. They've been opposed by extremist groups like Al Qaeda for wanting democracy.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Well, it's still in the hands of the military. So let's see how it goes from here. "
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hicks91
@arab_prince said:
" @hicks91 said:
" @arab_prince said:
" @hicks91 said:
The Islamic Revolution is a completely analogous event in which a despot was thrown out in such haste, that no one noticed they'd ushered in someone much, much worse. And as for the brotherhood not being extremist is laughable. Look at one of their offshoots did in the Gaze. Got themselves elected, the preceded to murder the opposition and then refused to hold any other elections, they''re a one vote, once, party. "
The people of Iran wanted an Islamic Republic, which is not at all what Egyptians want. I haven't forgotten your views on issues like these hicks, so I won't argue you. The brotherhood aren't extremists. They've been opposed by extremist groups like Al Qaeda for wanting democracy. "
 i said it was analogous, which it is. western backed leader overthrown by popular uprising, i didnt say it was the same.
the brotherhoods leader says the want to block the suez, and immediately wage war on Israel, if thats not extreme i dont know what else is..........
chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By chrissedoff

if these democratic movements keep spreading, won't it be funny when the only middle eastern countries that aren't democracies are iraq and afghanistan?

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By metalmoog

Good for Egypt. This is definitely a win and something to be immensely proud of. I only hope things get better for Egyptians.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iam3green

well good job on that. pretty crazy stuff, like the guy was there for like 40 years or something. i think it's time for a new person to do the same.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Enigma777 said:
" Inb4anewdictatorcomestopower "
Let's just hope it isn't Nazi Pikachu, that guy is a monster.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ch13696

Yeah, I just found out he handed the power over to the military. Nothing wrong with that right now. It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pwnasaurus

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ZeForgotten said:
"Next order of business. Getting rid of the military who are apparantly backing Mubarak 100%.  Victory is great! "

Third order of business : the USA sits its ass on Egypt and sucks the resources out, turning the Egyptian soldiers into Class-B marines
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Enigma777
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" Inb4anewdictatorcomestopower "
Let's just hope it isn't Nazi Pikachu, that guy is a monster. "
The Fuhreh loves all his little children. He just has trouble expressing it...
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
@ZeForgotten said:
" Next order of business. Getting rid of the military who are apparantly backing Mubarak 100%. "
Not really. Basically all officers took off their uniforms and joined the demonstration last night, after Mubarak said he was staying. So they haven't really been supporting him in the last 18 days. Actually, they've been pretty supportive of the demonstrants. That being said, Mubarak had a prestigious military career backing him when he he was  instated, so who's to say the same thing won't happen again?