• 79 results
#1 Posted by govermentcheese (249 posts) -

Just got back from mcdonalds i purchased 2 fish sandwiches and milk shake and order of fries. I noticed while inside the my local mcdonalds are now offering energy drinks with meals. I do not myshelf drink energy drinks at all and I think they are a real problem in society. They  worry about video game cencorship and you have to be a certain age to buy it . But energy drinks anyone can purchase.But for my local mcdonalds to promote them is wrong..
#2 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

why are they a bad thing?  A lot of soda pop out there has a similar amount of caffeine, but they don't advertise themselves as energy drinks.

#3 Posted by Smarter_Martyr (591 posts) -

My son in the Marines drinks them, and he loves them. But it might be a different kind because they're Japanese energy drinks. He's over there, ya know.

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I don't drink energy drinks. 

You bought two fish fillets? Gross

#5 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

Is there actually any proof that energy drinks are significantly more dangerous to your health then any other kinds of soda? I used to drink them a lot but now I hardly ever do, maybe 1 can every 4-5 weeks.

#6 Posted by yakov456 (1901 posts) -

Diabetes in a can, that includes soda as well, and iced tea.

#7 Posted by govermentcheese (249 posts) -

I dont really drink that much pop. But these energy drink have other stuff in them that makes them bad.For kidsenergy drinks on a regular basis is not a good thing.

#8 Posted by MonkeyPulp (35 posts) -
@govermentcheese said:

" i purchased 2 fish sandwiches and milk shake and order of fries. I do not myshelf drink energy drinks at all and I think they are a real problem in society.

I think energy drinks are a real problem in society   

i purchased 2 fish sandwiches and milk shake and order of fries.
 "
I think you have other heath problems you should be worrying about.
#9 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Why the hell should energy drinks be banned? are you a communist or something? That's like teabagging god.
#10 Posted by govermentcheese (249 posts) -

Again energy drinks at mcdonalds is just promting a bad thing in my opinion. Thought all of these fast food places trying to promote healthy choices. Its all about the $$.
#11 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Why should McDonalds give a shit, its not like anything else there is good for you.

#12 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@Smarter_Martyr: lol

It's more dangerous eating the "food" (you shouldn't be able to call it that legally) at McDonald's than drinking an energy drink or so a day.
#13 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@govermentcheese said:
" Again energy drinks at mcdonalds is just promting a bad thing in my opinion. Thought all of these fast food places trying to promote healthy choices. Its all about the $$. "
When people see a big mac they right away think about how unhealthy it is, when people see an energy drink the most they'll think is you'd want to brush your teeth after drinking it.  I think all that selling energy drinks at mc donalds will do is win over the teenage crowd.
#14 Posted by govermentcheese (249 posts) -

I am not saying they should ban energy drinks I am sying in my opinion they should regulate them like they regulate everything else.And it is just my personal opinion about the Mcdonalds thing.
#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" My son in the Marines drinks them, and he loves them. But it might be a different kind because they're Japanese energy drinks. He's over there, ya know. "
lol

govermentcheese, dude, do you always have to be against stuff?
#16 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
" Diabetes in a can, that includes soda as well, and iced tea. "
That's also what they call my blood. 

Also energy drinks have an absurd amount of shark testosterone in them. Drinking too much causes your testicles to shrink and become grey. 
#17 Posted by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

I used to drink them a lot, now I can only drink Red Bull. They are the only one I find that I can stand now... everything else is just a copy of each other. I haven't had one in about a month or so, I should get one soon. What do you guys like?

#18 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie.

#19 Posted by brooksee (234 posts) -

energy drinks are gnarly and give me migraines, so I don't drink them. But people can drink whatever they want, dawg. There's no reason MCD's shouldn't be able to carry the drinks.

#20 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" My son in the Marines drinks them, and he loves them. But it might be a different kind because they're Japanese energy drinks. He's over there, ya know. "
I see what you did there.
#21 Edited by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

its bull piss in it.But its yummy.
#22 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

I quite like Energy drinks, it is a fitting substitute for alcohol.

#23 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

McDonald's? Really?

#24 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Energy drinks are refreshing. It makes sense to market them at mcdonalds, also it makes the fat people who spend most of their time at McD's feel like they are in the x games.

#25 Posted by rjayb89 (7719 posts) -

I love filet-o-fish(es).

#26 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I try not to drink 'em but they're not terrible. Then again I drink a lot of pop with aspartame so I dunno which is worse.

#27 Posted by ScrubbingBubbles (150 posts) -

Energy drinks=sugar and trace amounts of water.
#28 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

govermentcheese seems to hate everything in life. And the irony is hilarious. Must be a mid life crisis, seeing how he's 49 >_>

#29 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

really mcdonalds? it sounds kind of nasty. when i think of mcdonalds i think of greasy nasty food that taste good. i think that soda has just about the same amount of caffeine then energy drinks. it causes blood pressure to go up. i had a friend die from taking to many caffeine pills before.

#30 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" its bull piss in it.But its yummy. "
That's a myth, and a bad one at that.  Taurine found in foods is produced synthetically...
#31 Edited by aproposshadows (182 posts) -

that's awesome hope my mcdonald's starts that :D

#32 Edited by lordofultima (6228 posts) -
@govermentcheese: You purchased two fish sandwiches, a milk shake, and some fries from McDonalds...you're worried about the energy drinks though? lmao.

Monster and Amp are the only energy drinks I enjoy, I might have one a week or so.
#33 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

I dont drink energy drinks and never go to mcdonalds, and even if I did I wouldnt get fish fillet. Sounds disgusting coming from McDonalds.
#34 Posted by MB (12190 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @govermentcheese: You purchased two fish sandwiches, a milk shake, and some fries from McDonalds...you're worried about the energy drinks though? lmao. "
That's like...Uhh I'd like two Big Macs, fries, a mcchicken, and a diet coke please. You know, to be healthy.
#35 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @yakov456 said:
" Diabetes in a can, that includes soda as well, and iced tea. "
That's also what they call my blood.  Also energy drinks have an absurd amount of shark testosterone in them. Drinking too much causes your testicles to shrink and become grey.  "
WHAT
#36 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -
@Smarter_Martyr said:
fucking true yo.
#37 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

i love your threads!!

#38 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@govermentcheese: tasty drinks are not sold at miccy Ds
#39 Posted by MB (12190 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @govermentcheese: tasty drinks are not sold at miccy Ds "
I recently drove by a Carl's Jr. and they are selling Monster Energy now, the regular green ones.
#40 Posted by RedJester1029 (47 posts) -

o i love my monster.

#41 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@MB said:
" @demontium said:
" @govermentcheese: tasty drinks are not sold at miccy Ds "
I recently drove by a Carl's Jr. and they are selling Monster Energy now, the regular green ones. "

SRSLY I want to find that Gears 2 immolasion drink somewhere.... but monster is pretty good to go with a carls burger for now.
#42 Posted by Jesus (1116 posts) -

The first thing your doing wrong is eating mcdonalds

#43 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

2 fish sandwiches is a lot worst for your health then any energy drink, especially since they come from mcdonalds. 

#44 Posted by Smarter_Martyr (591 posts) -

My son, who's in the Marines stationed in Japan, has informed me over our Ham radio set-up that they sell saki in the McDonalds in Roppongi. He also stated the burgers in Tokyo are far neater than those in America. These are truths that I speak.

#45 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -
@Smarter_Martyr: Your grammar and spelling are way too coherent for govermentcheese
#46 Posted by Akeldama (4244 posts) -

another great topic from govt cheese.

#47 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -

Energy Drinks were an addiction of mine and I have long since quit. 
The drug store I work at used to have an age limit of 16 to purchase, I'm not sure what happened to that though.

#48 Posted by MB (12190 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" Energy Drinks were an addiction of mine and I have long since quit. The drug store I work at used to have an age limit of 16 to purchase, I'm not sure what happened to that though. "
I'm not surprised some places put an age limit on them. My sister ended up in the emergency room after drinking a Rockstar during her first year of college when she was studying for midterms. She was always very sensitive to everything, including caffeine and sugar, so I think a combination of the caffeine overload with being overtired and general anxiety from school was just too much for her. She never had an energy drink again.

I am fully addicted to Rockstar Punched still, however. Good times.
#49 Posted by AndrewB (7563 posts) -

Most energy drinks have very similar ingredients to regular ole' soda in them, and. in fact, a lot of sodas are less healthy for you than energy drinks. At least the energy drinks will give you some vitamins on top of your caffeine injection. The biggest difference is the Taurine, which is just a more highly concentrated form of caffeine. 

But that's not to say I endorse energy drinks, either. Use them in moderation, if you have to use them at all.

I just drink nature's energy drink: black coffee.

#50 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Energy drinks are a bit to sugary. I like good old coffee.