#1 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Hey duders!

Today it is Eurovision Song Contest final. Is this even airing here in the US? I've heard all of the songs and Denmark is quite good.
#2 Posted by Bobstar (310 posts) -

Hell yeah, danish boy right here!

Just wanted to clear that out, because I have no interest in the contest.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I live in Denmark and I hate our song a lot. 

If we had the death penalty here I would get that really soon for saying that but I find the song super boring to listen to. 
#4 Posted by MachoFantastico (4612 posts) -

Is it even about music? From what I've seen of it, it seems all about being political. I know parts of Europe adore it, and take it very seriously. 

Sort of a joke in the UK though, either because it actually is or cause we always lose :D
#5 Posted by Sick_Sick_Sick (85 posts) -

jedward all the way

#6 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Didn't watch this year, france probably won't win and ridicule itself on stage... again

#7 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -
@Sick_Sick_Sick said:
jedward all the way
Damn, i hate that song.
#8 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Parents are from Turkey but I'm born and raised in Sweden and both songs suck ass this year, especially Sweden, Turkey had a really good one last year though
But nothing will ever beat epic sax guy

Or the 8-Bit version

#9 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

Any Irish people on here should be ashamed of yourselves for what you've voted to be your act for Eurovision.

#10 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1734 posts) -
@Sick_Sick_Sick said:
jedward all the way
I'm not a fan of my country's song (Denmark), but at least it isn't Jedward...
#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

#12 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

The Eurovision song contest is the worst thing ever in the history of things.

#13 Posted by JakeTaylor (309 posts) -

Probably won't be watching. I listened to Terry Wogan talking about it on radio 2 yesterday, though. He seemed in to it.

#14 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -
@craigbo180 said:
The Eurovision song contest is the worst thing ever in the history of things.
I didn't mind that "Glow" song by Madcon.
#15 Posted by KarlPilkington (2714 posts) -

I want Jedward to win sooo much.

#16 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@WickedCobra03: Madcon were making some good stuff before Eurovision.
#17 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@Venatio said:

Parents are from Turkey but I'm born and raised in Sweden and both songs suck ass this year, especially Sweden, Turkey had a really good one last year though

XD
#18 Posted by Tordah (2478 posts) -

I'll probably watch it with one eye out of boredom. The whole show is generally such a hilarious train wreck of bad music that it becomes ironically entertaining.

#19 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

everybody votes for the country they hate the least and the songs are worse than your average top 40 shit.

#20 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

Eurovision is mostly crap but there have been some great moments.  One I always remember is Lithuania's 2006 entry.  A song called "We are the Winners" Had a guy singing through a mega phone and a guy doing a random dance half way through while another guy plays a violin solo.

#21 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

There were truly great songs in previous Eurovision contests, but this year it really was awful.

#22 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I can't fucking stand this competition. The music is always crap with a capital C. I don't even want Sweden to win, our song sucks. l:

#23 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -
@Random88: That was indeed a great satire of what the contest is.
#24 Posted by KarlPilkington (2714 posts) -
@Azteck said:
I can't fucking stand this competition. The music is always crap with a capital C. I don't even want Sweden to win, our song sucks. l:
The point of it is that it's really cheesy, the entertainment comes from some countries taking it seriously.
#25 Edited by Trejik (108 posts) -

I didn't watch the semi's, so I have no idea what the rest of Europe has, but Spain's song is HORRIBLE. God damn. I have this fear of turning on my TV thinking I might hear an ad supporting it.

#26 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@Azteck said:
Come on, how can you not want a Popular Manboy to win!?
#27 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -
@MaFoLu said:
@Azteck said:
Come on, how can you not want a Popular Manboy to win!?
Ugh...I fucking hate Saade, truly a piece of shit
#28 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Epic Sax Guy is the only good thing to come out of the Eurovision Song contest.

#29 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

I miss Terry Wogan's commentary.

#30 Posted by KarlPilkington (2714 posts) -
@Azteck: I love the awkward people from different countries, loads of people who whose first language isn't English trying to speak to each other in English.
#31 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -
@Alexander said:
I miss Terry Wogan's commentary.
I appear to be the only person who disagrees with that xD I always found him to be sinfully boring.
#32 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

I thought turkey's song last year was p. cool

#33 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

The music is normally all cheesy "try and get the most funny votes stuff". Some of the proper songs aren't so bad. Even that I love Belarus song didn't sound bad. The English really seem to want  Jedward to win but as an Irish person I am just glad they aren't a fecking turkey, I mean we all liked watching the Den but for feck sake people.   Jedward aren't so bad, they are total idiots for sure but they seem to like what they do. The two female dancers they have were very hot as shit too, which good since half the entries are boy bands.

#34 Posted by Heltom92 (708 posts) -

Do the rest of Europe actually take this contest seriously? Here in the UK it is a massive joke and a death sentence for pretty much any artist that goes on it.

#35 Posted by KarlPilkington (2714 posts) -
@Heltom92 said:
Do the rest of Europe actually take this contest seriously? Here in the UK it is a massive joke and a death sentence for pretty much any artist that goes on it.
I think Blue are already dead.

If Jedward don't get 12 points from the UK I'll be very surprised.
#36 Posted by Heltom92 (708 posts) -
@Chabbs0: Oh man I hope Jedward go away for good after this. They will probably never piss off though.
#37 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

If you want to get to know Europe, you should watch this. It's such a shitfest yet you can't look away. Half of the countries technically aren't even euopean.

#38 Posted by KarlPilkington (2714 posts) -
@mnzy said:
If you want to get to know Europe, you should watch this. It's such a shitfest yet you can't look away. Half of the countries technically aren't even euopean.
I think none on the countries are Euopean, wherever that is.
#39 Posted by SuperSambo (2860 posts) -
@Random88 said:

Eurovision is mostly crap but there have been some great moments.  One I always remember is Lithuania's 2006 entry.  A song called "We are the Winners" Had a guy singing through a mega phone and a guy doing a random dance half way through while another guy plays a violin solo.

This was 5 years ago? I feel old...
#40 Posted by SomeJerk (3213 posts) -

The Swedish tune isn't Schlager enough, it's also too serious. The people need to learn that you need to send a facepalmingly outrageous song and stage act to get places. I was actually happy that I was out of alcohol for the Thursday semi final, because I would have taken part in a old drinking game that looks like this

Drink if

-There is a Gear or Key Change
-Act uses Dry Ice/Pyro or Wind
-if Anyone thanks Europe
-there is obvious political voting
-Anyone on stage is either in Drag or is Transexual/Transgender

Finish if

-You really cannot explain what is going on stage.

#41 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

This is my favourite:

#42 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -
@Venatio said:

Or the 8-Bit version

I also hate Sweden's song this year. I love Epic Sax Guy though ;)
#43 Posted by AlexW00d (6235 posts) -

People are saying jedward but I thought Blue were doing it for the UK?

#44 Posted by AlexW00d (6235 posts) -
@mnzy said:
I'm pretty sure they all are European, technically.
#45 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

I myself think the contest decides which song that is most controversial/political. Eurovision is often just a piece of shit, with dumb pop and geeky lyrics. There is although some good songs out there that makes it worth watching. Epic Sax Guy makes Eurovision complete.
#46 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3066 posts) -

I only found out about Eurovision after Lordi won it that one time.  Is anything that entertaining happening again this year? If so, I might have to pay attention.

#47 Posted by EuanDewar (4889 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
I only found out about Eurovision after Lordi won it that one time.  Is anything that entertaining happening again this year? If so, I might have to pay attention.
The irish entry is two gay, paul phoenix haired indentical twins.
#48 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3066 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:
@Make_Me_Mad said:
The irish entry is two gay, paul phoenix haired indentical twins.
I'm in.
#49 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

I always watch the Eurovision, its kind of a tradition. The stuff about it just being a political contest isn't really an issue now, because they have national juries deciding 50% of the vote, and the best song has won for the last two years as a result.
#50 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

Yes, just yes in every way.