Never

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By iam3green

nope, i never gave up on an exam. i did give up on  a class though. it was an online class that you had to push yourself to do. i need somebody to sit there and explain things. i thought the program was pretty bad because you needed to put in the precise answer.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By SSully
@CL60 said:
Study more.
Easy for you to say. I busted my ass at my pre-calc class in college this year and I barley passed the exams. I am talking I did practice problems about 2-3 hours every day and I barley pulled a C in the class. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When we were in grade 9, a friend of mine gave up on a math exam we were having.

He just drew a giant egg with a crown on it and then wrote, "I'm King Egg" and delivered it.
He had to meet with the teacher later with his parents and stuff.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Yeah, last year I pretty much gave up on all my finals except one (out of four classes.)

This year however I decided to not be so lazy and aced all my finals  ^______^

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By OmegaChosen

I always try. I might acknowledge halfway through that I'm going to fail but that never stops me from trying to figure out the questions regardless. Of course, whenever there's an exam I always cram the night before like an idiot but that's worked somewhat well for me so...

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By redbliss

There have been a few exams in college that I studied hard for, went to the exam, and it was super hard. In those situations I dont really give up on the exam, but I certainly alter my strategy mid-exam. I have never just blown an exam off though for any reason.
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Sayishere

Seriously, dont NEVER try. I was exactly like you, i left my exams til last mintue, but my friend, theres a person here i should introduce to you. Mr Cram

Cram that shit, cram it all night long, even if your eyes close, cram.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59  Edited By Yanngc33

Nope. I evaluate my skill level and I plan my study routine accordingly

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hot_Karl

Because I'm awful at college-level math there have been multiple times where I flat out just leave questions with minimal, superfluous formulas & such, pretending like I put effort in the question even though I know that I had no idea how to answer the question.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By EnduranceFun

A bunch of times. For a long time, I was under the impression that I could do Math. I remember spending a good hour in a three-four hour exam in secondary school just doodling because I knew I was screwed. Worked out alright in the end, though. 

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vexxan

No, I always get there well prepared.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

You can always try to make the scantron have a sailboat pattern somehow.

Seeing that you're talking about physics and that some questions all you are given is the problem and a sheet of paper and you had to answer in an essay type format (ie, not multiple choice or fill in the blank), then yea I can see myself giving up if I wasn't prepared at all.  At best I'd try to answer with what I know and see if I can tie it in somehow.
WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Nope, never underestimate one's ability to ramble incessantly!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Hizang

During school exams I would if it got to hard just sit and rest for 5 miniutes, then return to it with a clear mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I gave up on Chemistry at A Level and dropped the subject after many failed exams. I tried my hardest but Chem just wasn't for me.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Sort of. I still pulled through though, miraculously.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By JBird

About 4 hours ago I felt that way...then pulled it out the bag. You just have to focus, know what you know well and get on with it. 

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CarpetRemnant

I gave up on pretty much all my end of year exams during my first year at University. Missed one because I didn't check the exam timetable until after my first exam and went into another and got literally zero, couldn't even attempt an answer at a single question. But that was more part of me giving up with where I was in life generally at that point. I'm at the end of my third year at new University now and haven't given up on any since, some have been absolute dicks as well.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By mazik765

My girlfriend told me she was so stressed out for one of her psychology exams and that she was giving up because she had no hope and she got like a 90 on it....

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Yeah,if i go to an exam unprepared (which is very often) i usually just check some of it out,shrug, and turn my mostly blank paper in.  

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By ColinWright

I've never given up, but I have not given a shit about an exam.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By Shadow

Fuck no

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By armaan8014

NEVER. Atleast cheat

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I'm just about to leave for an exam, don't give up, you stand no chance if you give up and a slim chance is still a chance.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By shiftymagician

I'll be honest.  It happened to me once, but never again. It was ages ago in my last year of high school though.  Learned the lesson and became much more successful afterwards after swearing not to have that happen again.  I was lucky to learn the lesson early.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deusx said:
 Just take a rest and try to do your best man. It is best if you are well rested and know nothing than knowing everything and being tired and shit. 
No. 
This is a complete lie.
I've done some of my best work on very few hours of sleep. 
If you need to cram, do it. 
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#79  Edited By FireBurger

Not since like middle school. I spent the whole period one time drawing doodles all over my algebra exam. I got a 27 that year...

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By DocHaus

A couple years ago during a final exam for a programming class I was taking I was asked to make two programs from scratch in Java (or was it PHP? Let's say Java for the sake of argument), and both were only slightly modified from other programs we had done already for homework several weeks ago. Of course, by that point I was coming off a caffeine buzz and had just finished a whole bunch of other final exams/projects for other classes that semester. I managed to get through the first program all right, but then when it came time to do the second, I wrote the first few lines defining a function and then my brain just kind of shut down. I couldn't remember at all how to do it. I stared at a mostly-blank page for awhile...then at some point I just freaked out and stormed out of the room, jogged to the student union, and fell asleep on a couch for an hour.

Somehow I managed to end that class with an A- grade. To this day I'm not sure if I deserved it, but in the end it does not matter, does it?
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By scarace360

Never i have though fallen a sleep during a exam. I woke up 10 minutes later.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HairyMike87

When I was at a school for engineering, I wanted to tear my hair out because I just couldn't understand it. I had a final exam and just did what I could and handed it in and never looked back. I promised myself after that time that I wouldn't try to get a job simply because the money was amazing. I needed to find something that I would love doing and I think I have. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By toowalrus

I always try to squeeze as many points out of an exam as I can, even if I'm going to fail it.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NegativeCero

I've never put myself in a position where I didn't know at least something before a test, so no I've never given up. Although, It would be interesting to compare the scores of someone who didn't study but tried and someone who just guessed.

proggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By proggykins

I've had some exams where I thought I knew what I was getting into, but didn't have a clue once the exam was in front of me. I've had to give up on problems in exams, but I've never really thrown an entire exam out.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#86  Edited By Yanngc33
@scarace360 said:
haha that also happened to me. I once snored and started drooling before being woken up by a nightmare. I ended up getting a pretty good great because of that power nap, despite the fact that may notes were unreadable thanks to the drool
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plenty of times. I tend to be very lazy when it comes to studying for exams. I keep my grades afloat with plenty of homework and aced papers and then blow off the final exam. Also, if I don't know the answer to a question immediately, I tend to leave it blank automatically. No sense in being the dipshit sitting in class ten minutes after dismissal rubbing his head angrily.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Illmatic

I've never given up to the point where I flat out skipped an exam, but I have gotten to that point where you're staring at a question knowing you have no idea how to solve it and just hand in a blank page on said question.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89  Edited By veektarius

Back when I was a senior in high school, I took AP Macroeconomics and they did a sort of package deal where you could take the micro exam for free.  So I went into an AP exam with nothing but a little crunchtime studying as far as micro knowledge went.  By the time I got to the graph analysis at the end I had given up, so I wrote something threatening the grader that I would summon a hurricane to destroy his house if they gave me a 1.  I got a 2.

trypio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By trypio

Usually when i feel like I'm totally screwed on a test i just go through it and solve the ones i know how to do and then just take chances no the questions i have no clue on but i don't think anyone should just give up entirely.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By scarace360
@Yanngc33 said:
@scarace360 said:
haha that also happened to me. I once snored and started drooling before being woken up by a nightmare. I ended up getting a pretty good great because of that power nap, despite the fact that may notes were unreadable thanks to the drool
Ya i know exams need drool proof paper.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Nope :)

I really wanted to give up on a few, like when I re done my Science exams. Had to do all 6 again to try and get an A*.

Really wanted to give in, I didn't, sat for a whole day and got basically the same mark give or take 2 points.

I was so pissed :|

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Pibo47

Whenever i get stuck i just try to eliminate the shitty answers and guess on whatever is left. Never ever give up.

LunaticJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LunaticJ

Had my english literature today, 
spent the whole hour and 45 mins singing to myself, and ended writing not alot at all ... woops XD

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#95  Edited By fishmicmuffin
@CSXLoser
i had to get a 93 on the exam to pass my chemistry class with an A....or get at least 65 to pass with a B

Guess what route i took :)  
You studied your ass off and got that A didn't you? Good for you!!

In all seriousness, I would have gone for the B too. Fuck studying more than is necessary.
bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bibledoctor

Even if I know i'm going to bomb I go and take it, might as well get a few points out of it.

Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By Creigz

I did once. I couldn't finish it, and the last question was so ass backwards that I just drew a kitty and handed it in. Nobody passed that exam, the teacher disregarded it and gave us a new one that everyone seemed to fair more normally on. My kitty drawing got a good mark because my teacher liked cats, and I was the only one who put something in that space.