• 63 results
#1 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

I do and everyone that works at them always treats me like a crazy person for being there alone. Lonely people need to eat too, damn it. Sometimes you want something nice, come on.

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

I don't go to nice restaurants in general.

#3 Edited by kingjulesxii (76 posts) -

Naw, I'd never go out to eat alone. But that's just me being frugal. If I'm going to be spending cash on a posh spot to eat at, I'm going to make sure somebody is there to see it because I'm an asshole.

That goes for normal-ass restaurants too. I'm not going to eat fatty shit and spend like a moron just to chill with me, myself and I. I'm content grilling chicken and defrosting veggies at home.

Since I'm on the subject, I'd have to say that not having an excuse to make a weekly trek to Outback is one of the worst things to come out of my break-up earlier this year.

#4 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2362 posts) -

I never did before, but when I broke up with my then girlfriend I definitely felt super weird being at a restaurant by myself.

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

Only once, I was actually out with a group of friends and they all wanted to go to a placed I loathed, so I said fuck that and went to the restaurant next door, I'm positive I had better food, but it wasn't worth it, felt really weird the whole time like I had been stood up.

#6 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5798 posts) -

#7 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Yeah, I go to restaurants and eat by myself once in a while. It's strangely calming, at least for me. I usually take a book with me and read it while waiting for my food. Eating by yourself really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

#8 Edited by falserelic (5464 posts) -

A regular restaurant hell yeah, a nice and expensive restaurant hell no.

I Don't want to spend extra money on some food that may or may not be good, besides I'm a cheap son of a bitch.

#9 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -
#10 Posted by RVonE (4660 posts) -

If I were alone, I'd probably at least try it once to see what it's like.

#11 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2414 posts) -

I ate alone at a Chipotle once and I felt like a hobo, so.

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

I think it's okay as long as you eat at the bar. I do this at my parents' place and I make small talk with the bartender and pretend to look busy on my phone.

#13 Posted by L1GHTN1N (482 posts) -

A regular restaurant hell yeah, a nice and expensive restaurant hell no.

I Don't want to spend extra money on some food that may or may not be good, besides I'm a cheap son of a bitch.

Pretty much this.

#14 Posted by Carryboy (717 posts) -

Haha no I dont go out and eat alone but fair play to you.

#15 Posted by EpicSteve (6492 posts) -

That's usually more of a social thing. So yeah, that would be pretty weird by yourself. Especially somewhere nice.

#16 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3428 posts) -
#17 Posted by BaneFireLord (2949 posts) -

Yeah, definitely. I generally enjoy going to events or places usually visited en masse alone. There's something calming about watching a movie or eating a nice dinner without other people to contend with.

#18 Posted by ShockD (2409 posts) -

I try to save me some money most of the time so when I'm alone I don't mind eating at the local fast food. When I'm with a girl however I tend to take her to more classy places.

#19 Posted by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

Specifically for sushi, I definitely will. Maybe pop in some earbuds or sit at the bar and watch the food get made.

#20 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Do bars that have food count?

#21 Posted by crimsinf (145 posts) -

This question is relevant to my life. I recently moved to a new area and my neighborhood has tons of great restaurants, but I haven't met people to try them with yet. I'm trying to work up the courage to just go by myself. Most of them aren't necessarily fancy places, but they are sit-down restaurants. I'm trying to convince myself that it won't be that weird.

#22 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

I only find myself dining alone if I am really craving the food but that's rare.

#23 Posted by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -

I don't really go to restaurants at all. Unless you count sandwich shops and then I always get take out.

#24 Posted by jgf (393 posts) -

Why not? Perhaps I would choose a restaurant with live music or where you can watch people passing by or something similar. So it doesn't get boring. If I suddenly broke up with my gf I would definitely still go to a restaurant once in a while. I just enjoy eating way too much to give it up :)

#25 Posted by Hamst3r (4518 posts) -

Nope. I don't go to restaurants by myself. I have food at home.

#26 Edited by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

No, but that's partly because I don't have a lot of money to spend on restaurant meals.

#27 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4630 posts) -

Nope. I rarely go out to eat even with other people, plus I know how to cook, I don't see anything wrong with it though. If you wanna do some shit by yourself, do some shit by yourself. Some people just roll like that. It's all good in my book.

#28 Edited by 49th (2783 posts) -

I was alone while travelling recently so I went to a few places. Nothing too fancy - I tried to stick to casual places like diners but anywhere with a bar is usually fine and there are probably a few other solo eaters, especially in the city. I don't mind it, you just need something to do.

#29 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

I've been to some cheap local restaurants by myself if that's the question. If you're talking about going to a sit down restaurant, then absolutely not.

#30 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

One thing you learn as you go through life is that if you order lean with a group of friends then they're going to order what the hell they want and then if you say "Oh, I just has the cheezburger, I needz pay leetle" then you are the bad guy for questioning the bill. That's why recently we went out to food and they got scampi and chips and I ordered Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter and side salad. What? Why you look at me like I'm skankpile? Yeah, take my revenge, sluts.

#31 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1620 posts) -

There is nothing more depressing than seeing someone eat alone at a restaurant. That's why McDonald's, eating alone at home, crying and salty bet were invented.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -
#33 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1660 posts) -

Fuck restaurants. Why wait forever for food that you can easily make yourself?

#34 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

Sure, but they generally had outside decks and bars, and I only ordered sides instead of full dishes.

#35 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@ccforua: it's fine for you, it's the people that work there that suck, they'll treat you like a sad friendless loser.

#36 Posted by Tireyo (6446 posts) -

Never actually.

#37 Edited by ajamafalous (12031 posts) -

As for regular restaurants, I generally don't like to go alone because it feels weird.

#38 Edited by audioBusting (1616 posts) -

Never, because I know I wouldn't be able to order as many things as I would with other people. Most nice restaurants disappoint me, anyway.

#39 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -

I go with my daikimakura

#40 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

I've never seen a "nice restaurant" before.

#41 Posted by TobbRobb (4732 posts) -

If I'm going to a restaurant alone, it's because I'm hungry. When I'm hungry I go get a burger or something and keep on doing whatever I was doing. No need to fancy it up when no one is there, and arguably no need when someone is there either.

#43 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

No i never did that.

I saw a movie by myself once, that was only because i was supposed to meet my friend at the theater and 5 minutes before the movie started they called me and said they couldn't make it. It was weird, but somehow nice.

#44 Posted by EXTomar (4841 posts) -

Only if I am on work traveling and it is expensed. If they give me a $30 allowance for food while working at some location then I have no qualms about getting a $30 meal.

#45 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

I have social anxiety even when eating with a group of people so alone would be out of the question.

#46 Posted by weegieanawrench (1941 posts) -

Nope, not alone. Sometimes it even feels strange to eat at a fast food place alone.

#47 Posted by kaos_cracker (624 posts) -

I see people do that all the time. From McDonalds to breakfast cafes I see it. I want to do it, but I just would feel weird. I understand doing it while on break at work something, but it's odd to me.

#48 Edited by CaLe (4018 posts) -

I don't go to nice restaurants with other people, never mind alone.

#49 Edited by Cretaceous_Bob (521 posts) -

I don't go anywhere by myself. Those times are video games time.

#50 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5714 posts) -

Occasionally, if the food is good enough it doesn't really matter. I'm assuming you mean "nice restaurant" as in "good food, not ridiculously overpriced;" I don't go to yuppie restaurants in general.