armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By armaan8014

^^
As a kid i'd written my own version of the harry potter series. (I had made it a sequel to the 3rd one). Again, i find myself inspired to write a fantasy book inspired from The lord of the Ring and TES IV" Oblivion, about a kid who goes treasure hunting with a thief.. 

What about u? Ever thought of writing, or ever wrote a book? I'd love to hear your ideas..

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I've got three books in the works.  The longest I've gotten on one of them is about 12 pages.  I don't think they'll ever get finished.  I'll probably try to turn them into scripts...whenever I give more of a shit about getting it done.  =  /  I'm such a lazy fuckhole sometimes.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

Yup, I am writing a novel detailing how to become just like me. Points of interest include alcoholism, how to improve your procrastination skills, and how to generally just not give a fuck. Look for it on shelves this fall.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've thought of writing a book and I do have an idea for a story. I've written some of it down but maybe I'll get it finished properly one day.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CowMuffins
@Stang said:
" Yup, I am writing a novel detailing how to become just like me. Points of interest include alcoholism, how to improve your procrastination skills, and how to generally just not give a fuck. Look for it on shelves this fall. "
Joke would have been better if you had said "Look for it on shelves once I stop procrastinating."
SaraHysaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SaraHysaro

I've definitely thought of writing a book. I've got a lot of ideas running around in my head, but before I even think about putting them on paper I need to work things out and make them a little more unique and interesting. More than likely this will never happen, but hey. I could write one somday. Who knows?
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I've tried and failed too many times to count. Writing a book takes a lot of dedication and writing skills, neither of which I have.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stang
@CowMuffins: 

Good point. Sadly the alcoholism has destroyed my wit.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Why yes, actually. I have a few I'd like to write. I've brainstormed ideas for stories a couple times, but never really started writing them.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By armaan8014

Whenever I make even a little progress, i get bored of my own story and get bored of writing. It requires a lot of patience i guess..
But it would be fun to write a best-selling book and become extremely rich and not work another day in your life.. that's my inspiration.. 
 i guess i could start with one hour per day.. i'd get it done sometime..

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Yeah,im in the works. 

The name of it is:The story and life of awesome Xavier Track(my name) and i finished about 43 pages.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By pirate_republic

I can get around five chapters done on a book: then I lose interest in the idea and become impatient, and that's the end of the book.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoRoNimo

I actually started one and got about 2/3 of the book done - problem was that I didn't know how to begin the book. I knew how I wanted it to end, and I knew how I would get to the ending, but you can't really start a story right in the middle of it, right? 

That, and when I had my creative writing professor take a look at it, he said he really liked the story but that my characters were kind of underdeveloped (a problem I readily admit to), so i'm sort of touching it up right now. Hopefully someday I can get it done.

Tachikoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Tachikoma

I've got three good story/world outlines written down, I probably should work on them more >.>

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I guess I've thought about it, but having to put 'he said, or 'she said' after every single line of dialog seems like torture. I'd probably be better at writing a script.

On the other hand every girl alive today has thought about writing a book. No exceptions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think about it a lot. Then I realize how much work goes into writing a good book, so I say fuck that and continue being lazy. 

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Writing's always been a hobby of mine, so yeah, the thought of sitting down and writing a novel has crossed my mind. But I've kind of abandoned that aspiration because I know it will turn out to be crap. My creative writing has always been terrible. "Practice makes perfect" doesn't apply to me at all; if anything, the more I beaver away at a creative project the more it stagnates. So I'll leave that type of writing to people who actually know how to do it, and keep my goal of becoming a journalist.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18  Edited By damnboyadvance

Yes, I've thought about it. And this has helped me too. It's called NaNoWriMo, you should check it out and try it sometime. Every November, you write a book, and you set a goal as to how many words are in it, and it can be about anything! It's pretty fun.

Anyways, I really haven't had many ideas for a book anyways. But if I ever write one, I'll probably keep it original and lawsuit free.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Jambones
@MauveForest said:
" I think about it a lot. Then I realize how much work goes into writing a good book, so I say fuck that and continue being lazy.  "
Pretty much my sentiment. I would love to write a book, but I don't think I have a page's worth in me, let alone a novel.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hatking

I am way more interested in writing scripts and then filming and editing them, possibly even acting in the short films I create.  I have thought a lot of writting short stories and as a fucking child I wrote more interesting stuff than Uwe Bowle, Paul W.S. Anderson or people like them could ever dream of coming up with, granted it isn't very good by my standards now but still a silly action story isn't bad for a kid in junior high.  I also really want to spend more time writting music, but as I am still kind of learning my way around and number of instruments I find that somewhat hard as well, I did throw together a couple songs just brainstorming one day, but nothing great.  So yes, I've thought of it for sure, a novel would be a hard thing for me to do, because my mind wonders and putting together something really long and coherant would be tough for me, but a collection of short stories revolving around a central theme would be something right up my alley.  In fact, I might actually start writting something like that soon.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would really love to write a book, honestly. I have always been inspired by authors, especially JK Rowling and I have always thought the idea of writing any type of book is fascinating. I just haven't been struck with an idea yet. Maybe I should take an English train ride....

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive

On May 23, 2006 at approximately 2:36 PM I thought about writing a book. Then at 2:37 PM I ate a pretzel and never thought about writing a book ever again. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

No. Egon Spengler is correct: 'Print is dead.'

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By CL60

I have no imagination. Nor the patience to write a book.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fr0br0

A book? No. But I'm always trying to work on screenplays. I've read some books on how to improve my quality with them. But lately, I've had a hard time getting past the outlining. It's probably just a lack of motivation.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Origina1Penguin

A book?  No.  However, I do brainstorm detailed scenarios and dialogue for characters in game ideas I have.  It's probably a good idea to write some of those down.  Surely I can't remember all of them.  I have basic sketches of HUD elements and artwork, as well as bullet points for mechanics and such, but I never write down dialogue.  I did try once, but it felt like I was writing a book, so I stopped.  Wait... I think I just came full circle.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Osaladin

I have thought about it, and I probably will in a couple of years. My first and only fanfic was around 90 pages so, it's pretty much a book.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By CSXLoser

thought of great stories/ideas that can  be a book?  yes

Physcially writing/typing the book ?  no

have decent writing skills? no

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kmdrkul

I've started two, but didn't neither even made it out of the first chapter.  One of them had an awesome premise, however.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bubahula

i really like to draw and i always make backstories to go with them and eventually it ended up with me building a fake world with history and a story, i've always wanted to write it down
Haggard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Haggard

I can't make them very long. I feel like I cover everything I want to say in a book after like 40 pages, even if it took me weeks to think of it, though I've always been a very concise writer.

Which is why I'm amazed reading Atlas Shrugged. 600 pages in and she's still managing to make the same point she was on page 1, and I'm not sick of hearing it yet. There's another 450 to come, and I don't think the rest of it going to relent.

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" Yeah,im in the works.  The name of it is:The story and life of awesome Xavier Track(my name) and i finished about 43 pages. "
make a thread when it's done! i want to read that thang!
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Colonel_Cool
@jakob187 said:
" I've got three books in the works.  The longest I've gotten on one of them is about 12 pages.  I don't think they'll ever get finished.  I'll probably try to turn them into scripts...whenever I give more of a shit about getting it done.  =  /  I'm such a lazy fuckhole sometimes. "
Just type it in really big font. You'll fill up those pages!
Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

I'm slowly writing a screenplay :P as a sophomore in high school, I feel kind of underexperienced, so hence the term slowly XD

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By JJWeatherman

This may sound crazy but I was inspired to write a story--not necessarily a book--about Wild Arms after I played it on the PS1. It never came to fruition of course, but yeah totally was planning on writing that.  :P

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Diamond

I'm seriously considering becoming a writer.  I've written short stories.  If I'm in the mood, writing is just fun for me.

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37  Edited By Grim_Fandango

I've been writing a sci-fi book for a year or so, still hasn't been finished, but it has 48 pages, 24 pages of dialogue :\....

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#38  Edited By citizenkane

Definitely not.  My brother is the writer in our family.  I am the computer geek.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By crusader8463
@MauveForest said:
" I think about it a lot. Then I realize how much work goes into writing a good book, so I say fuck that and continue being lazy.  "
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By buzz_clik

I've started my kids book, but haven't finished it. Not for lack of ideas - I've got the framework all planned out - but I only ever seem to get back to it sporadically.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Virago

I'm illustrating a book, does that count?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By maxszy

I've put ideas down on paper for such a thing. Ones I feel are actually pretty good. The problem is, getting started and getting over the daunting knowledge of how many pages I would actually have to write to even attempt to go at it. Its so much...who knows.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Gunner

Ive thought about writing a childrens book about a kid that travels through time, and all his encounters through time have an impact on his personal life. 

But my brain cant comprehend all of the mind fucks i get when i start thing about what he does while traveling through time would have any sort of impact on his personal life.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Seedofpower

I thought the writting a short story after taking english 2, with the one of the most awesome professors I ever had. 
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#45  Edited By JackiJinx

I'm always writing something.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By armaan8014
@MauveForest said:
Exactly..same here. I get great ideas, and i can write really well, but i love being lazy
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GunnBjorn
@HandsomeDead said:

"No. Egon Spengler is correct: 'Print is dead.' "

I'd like to ad this: 

''Furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. ''   

King Solomon, 
                                                                                                                                                                               Ecclesiastes 12:12.    
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yes, I have, and I've started three thus far. One of them turned rather cliched, the other seemed like too complicated a premise for someone of my experience level (a senior in high school), and the third is still in the works, it's looking to be a short horror story.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By teh_destroyer

I can do a pretty decent job starting a book and finishing off a few chapters, but am never able to finish them. 
One of my favorite was I wrote a short story based off of the movie Tremors from a military point of view.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nvmfst

I am currently writing two novels. One is about 100 pages and the other is 43.