Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By zels

@mildmolasses said:

@zels said:

@breadfan said:

The FBI has made an arrest.

Here's hoping they have the right guy (It's funny how easy it is to assume, ain't it? what are the odds of it being a woman?)

According to this, a lot higher than you would imagine

Also, I'm not trying to imply anything about who is or isn't involved in the Boston attacks with that article. The question made me curious about the trend as I knew women were becoming involved in the Middle East, but I am surprised at how involved. The worst sort of progress I suppose

That's a really interesting artice, thanks. I would love to know the domestic terrorism rates in western countries - Damn paywalls.

The original data is free to view - http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/studies/4639

Some interesting details:

Gender Female 2.4% Male 96.5% Organisations 1.2%

Race Caucasian 82.4%

College Grad 8.2% Post Grad Work 4.7%

Around 1/2 the documented cases are Domestic

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#353  Edited By breadfan

NECN, a local news network, says the Federal Courthouse has been evacuated. Some sort of bomb threat. Probably just some deranged joke.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#354  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@breadfan said:

NECN, a local news network, says the Federal Courthouse has been evacuated. Some sort of bomb threat. Probably just some deranged joke.

Man that's just a laugh riot, right there. Bravo, assholes.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By vikingdeath1

Living next to the Boston hospital, a police station, AND a fire station; this tragedy cause many sirens going by my window, and then thousands of people walking down my street.

I had some fellow students complaining that classes weren't cancelled the next day.... am I a bad person that I thought... "Why would classes be canceled?"

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people who make fun of this stuff or don't have the human decency to understand what death and destruction cause, are much more concerning than those who are addicted to pointing fingers and laying blame

like this unbelievable asshole right here

Loading Video...

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#358  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@breadfan said:

@officegamer: Seriously, fuck whoever is getting a laugh out of this. Here is my cousin's story. She was just on the news.

Your cousin is the black haired woman, I assume? She's a goddamn hero and I want to shake her hand.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Not my photo. Guy on the left in white hat is without a doubt one of the suspects the FBI is looking for. He looks unharmed with untouched clothing and does not seem to be carrying a bag as we was earlier.

Only a matter of time. I say less than a week.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think people who make fun of this stuff or don't have the human decency to understand what death and destruction cause, are much more concerning than those who are addicted to pointing fingers and laying blame

Loading Video...

Someone track that guys IP and lets get him on the news.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By intro

@officegamer said:

Loading Video...

Let's worry about people who are actually killing rather than hurting feelings, which isn't a crime in this case.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

Absolutely disgusting, my thoughts go out to everyone involved, london marathon is soon. I hope that nothing untoward happens there.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a firefight with police and an officer has died. Reportedly 2 IEDs were found.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By breadfan

<p>Too early to get any real facts, as to whether it is related to the marathon bombing, but something is going on.

Edit: Homeland Security is now there

</p>

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Horrible
Horrible
Remarkable
Remarkable

How are people doing over there in Boston, and across the country, now that things have progressed with regards to the perpetrators?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fattony12000: In Boston, a mile away from the marathon finish line, around a mile away from the Boston Commons too. I'm a college student/live on campus, as soon as we heard the news everyone started marching for the Commons (apparently where everyone also went when the Bruins/Sox won, and when Bin Laden was killed). USA, Boston, you can't scare us, BPD chants basically the whole way. Contrary to another thread posted no maliciousness directed towards the bomber at all, just pride in the law enforcement and the community coming together. I have friends from Watertown and they were relieved the situation ended without anyone else getting hurt. Moments of silence for the victims. Cheers for all law enforcement passing by. Basically people burning energy after being in lockdown all day, relieved that the whole thing was finally over, a proud city/community coming together. Real positive.

prapin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer said:

Loading Video...

"URGENT NEWS: THERE ARE STILL ASSHOLES ON THIS PLANET, LET'S TALK ABOUT OUR FEELINGS AND HOW WE MUST GET OFFENDED OVER EVERY STUPID BULLSHIT WE SEE, MORE AT 11".