Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

Quite a while ago, a friend and I embarked on a quest to make a music sequencer for the XBOX 360. In this quest, we succeeded and ezmuze+ Hamst3r Edition was born. It grew, it survived and overall did quite well for itself.

So, we started in on a follow-up for it. This was several years ago. It ended up taking about a year and a half longer than we anticipated. But, now it's available! You can go get it and poke at it. Really.

In short, it's an easy to use music sequencer that comes with around 1000 music loops. You can drop in some loops, chop 'em up into itty-bitty pieces, rearrange them and otherwise mangle them pretty good. It also has automation effects, like trance gates, lowpass / highpass filtering and a bitcrusher. There are also, "Trigger FX" which are things like reverse, stutter, tape stop, pitch shift and such.

So yeah. Man. It feels good to have it done and out there. Now all I hope is that nothing horrible happens, such as some weird bug or failure that turns this from a success into a living hell.

GO GET IT!

Some videos for ya:

Phew!

#1 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

Quite a while ago, a friend and I embarked on a quest to make a music sequencer for the XBOX 360. In this quest, we succeeded and ezmuze+ Hamst3r Edition was born. It grew, it survived and overall did quite well for itself.

So, we started in on a follow-up for it. This was several years ago. It ended up taking about a year and a half longer than we anticipated. But, now it's available! You can go get it and poke at it. Really.

In short, it's an easy to use music sequencer that comes with around 1000 music loops. You can drop in some loops, chop 'em up into itty-bitty pieces, rearrange them and otherwise mangle them pretty good. It also has automation effects, like trance gates, lowpass / highpass filtering and a bitcrusher. There are also, "Trigger FX" which are things like reverse, stutter, tape stop, pitch shift and such.

So yeah. Man. It feels good to have it done and out there. Now all I hope is that nothing horrible happens, such as some weird bug or failure that turns this from a success into a living hell.

GO GET IT!

Some videos for ya:

Phew!

#2 Edited by yoshisaur (2609 posts) -

Very cool. I played around with the Hamst3r edition for a while and I'll poke this one as well. Congratulations for finishing the project and getting it out there! It's definitely something to be proud of.

EDIT: That first video was neat.

#3 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

Now we can all be cool like Hamst3r and make sickass beats! Sweet! :D

#4 Posted by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

Goddammit hamst3r. YOU DA MAN!

#5 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

Thanks, duders! :3

I've thrown together another video, a 7 minute walkthrough, for anyone confused about where to even begin once they're in ezmuze.

#6 Posted by Sary (35 posts) -

@Hamst3r: Happiness. Sweet, sweet happiness.

#7 Posted by Nentisys (883 posts) -

Nice!

#8 Edited by Bollard (5203 posts) -

Awesome stuff Hamst3r, I don't know how I never realised the first one was made by you... Haha!

How much extra space does the complete install take up? I still have 400 points lying around from MS rewards so I feel like grabbing this, but I do have rather limited HDD space :P

#9 Posted by HistoryInRust (6268 posts) -

FUCK YES.

Loved the first EZmuze. So stoked for this.

#10 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -

congrats on the new release, Hams3r!

#11 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

This looks awesome. Sadly I'm a PC only guy (thanks RRoD). Any plans for ever sending it this direction?

#12 Posted by Wacomole (815 posts) -

The tagline "Music Creation for everyone" needs an asterisk "*except for those who don't own an XBox 360".

I keeed. Congrats on the release.

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6295 posts) -

I'm terrible with sequencers, but I'll be more than happy to get it to support your stuff.

#14 Posted by Hamst3r (4436 posts) -

Thanks guys. :D

@Subjugation said:

This looks awesome. Sadly I'm a PC only guy (thanks RRoD). Any plans for ever sending it this direction?

There are indeed plans for other platforms. Ninja has mouse / touch support and window scaling working, which is very unexciting sounding but has everything to do with PC and tablet versions. :)

@Chavtheworld said:

Awesome stuff Hamst3r, I don't know how I never realised the first one was made by you... Haha!

How much extra space does the complete install take up? I still have 400 points lying around from MS rewards so I feel like grabbing this, but I do have rather limited HDD space :P

The full install takes up just under 1GB, about 946 MB. :)

#15 Posted by Bollard (5203 posts) -

@Hamst3r: That's great! I got 1.6 left, downloading now :D

#16 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

This looks amazing, downloading right fuckin now. Also downloaded the mp3!

Someone poke me when it comes out on PC!

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Sweet! Is there anything you can't do, Hamster? :D

#18 Edited by emem (1960 posts) -

I'm also going to have to wait for a possible PC version since I don't own a 360.  

I hope you do well on the console. :)

#19 Posted by Capum15 (4792 posts) -

I've been looking forward to this for a while, and it seems pretty awesome! Almost done downloading.

#20 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3150 posts) -

I'll probably get this on 360 soon, but a PC/Mac release would be wonderful.