F*** you, GTA IV!

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Alright, I love GTA IV. It's my favorite game of last year, and probably my favorite game of the recent couple of years. I laughed, I cried and it changed how I see the world.

Now that that's out of the way: I hate this game!!!

Before we clean up the streets, we gotta clean up this game!

Let me explain why. I'm currently on my second playthrough of the game, and have just gotten to the last mission of the game again, and I finally understand what Brad means when he talks about what he doesn't like about this game. It's buggy as hell!
 In the last mission, Spoiler Warning, you have to chase a helicopter, first in a boat, then you jump into a helicopter. My problem is that the helicopter you are following are shooting rockets, and those rockets keep blowing my up. Not while I'm playing, but in CUTSCENES!!!

How the hell does something like that get past testers?

The weird thing is, that on my first playthrough I did not experience any of these problems, but now I can't get through the stupid mission, and I've tried 7 times!

So dear Rockstar, please fix this stupid thing the next time you're making a game, since this little bug, basicly is making the game unplayable.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Alright, I love GTA IV. It's my favorite game of last year, and probably my favorite game of the recent couple of years. I laughed, I cried and it changed how I see the world.

Now that that's out of the way: I hate this game!!!

Let me explain why. I'm currently on my second playthrough of the game, and have just gotten to the last mission of the game again, and I finally understand what Brad means when he talks about what he doesn't like about this game. It's buggy as hell!
 In the last mission, Spoiler Warning, you have to chase a helicopter, first in a boat, then you jump into a helicopter. My problem is that the helicopter you are following are shooting rockets, and those rockets keep blowing my up. Not while I'm playing, but in CUTSCENES!!!

How the hell does something like that get past testers?

The weird thing is, that on my first playthrough I did not experience any of these problems, but now I can't get through the stupid mission, and I've tried 7 times!

So dear Rockstar, please fix this stupid thing the next time you're making a game, since this little bug, basicly is making the game unplayable.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

1. You idot.
VilhelmNielsen said:

"How the hell does something like that get past testers?"
If it only happens to you it has nothing to do with the testers, even if it is a bug.

2. Have you considered the fact that you might be doing something wrong?
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Suicrat

Hey, I got hit with a rocket and still managed to guide my copter to the cutscene trigger on happiness island. It's not unplayable, it's just hard, and you just suck. I've beaten the game thrice (both endings and a sub-30-hour playthrough), and even with excess rockets I've managed to finish it.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz

Are you sure you're actually failing the mission? Because as far as I remember, you're supposed to get hit with a rocket, then you crash land near the statue of Happiness

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

you're doin it wrong

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss
Snail said:
"1. You idot.
VilhelmNielsen said:
If it only happens to you it has nothing to do with the testers, even if it is a bug.2. Have you considered the fact that you might be doing something wrong?"
Why are you so angry? Maybe there's a legitimate problem here. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it isn't there. Don't insult the guy just because he's presenting something you haven't seen before.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, its obvious youre doin it wrong.  What Brad was talking about was how some things play out, like the randomness of the city gets in the way of completing a chase or something.  But yeah, I remember chasing the copter and being worried about why I was getting hit so much with rockets, since Little Jacob was doing the flying, but you are supposed to crashland and gun that fool down.  Either way, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Are you guys getting what I'm actually saying?

The rocket hits the helicopter AS I'm entering it, through a little cutscene where I have NO control, whatsoever... The rocket blows up the helicopter, Boom I'm dead, game over!

Not because of me, but because the frickin game still wants to kill me, when I have no frickin control... So I don't see how I'm doing anything wrong.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

It sounds like a one off glitch that you're unlucky enough to have. Try and find another copy and see if that works.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Well it does seem to happen in the same spot, but that really isn't the point. The point is, it shouldn't try to kill me, when I can't do anything.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Suicrat

Either that or the final challenge is to steer a helicopter that's going down in order to make the ending seem more dramatic.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail
End_Boss said:
"Snail said:
"1. You *****.
VilhelmNielsen said:
If it only happens to you it has nothing to do with the testers, even if it is a bug.2. Have you considered the fact that you might be doing something wrong?"
Why are you so angry? Maybe there's a legitimate problem here. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it isn't there. Don't insult the guy just because he's presenting something you haven't seen before."
If it only happens to him it's not a bug. People should think before going berserk and posting "OMG FUCKING <insert publisher here> SHOULD HAVE BETA TESTED! THEY SUCK LOL!" on the internets.
What pisses me off is that people give legitimate replies to this post.