Face-Off: Adventure Time or Regular Show?

• 74 results
Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a writer for a website called TvRage I generally come up with an article a week, every Sunday, on a subject of my choice. I am really into Cartoons and what people would call Children's Television a lot, so my last articles have been about Cow and Chicken, Kenan & Kel and Adventure Time and Regular Show. This one I planned to pit each show against each other.

As I know this is a popular show, I would love to know your opinions on the matter, which one is the better show? Adventure Time or Regular Show, sound off, Bombers!

(PS: my article is here if interested: http://www.tvrage.com/news/1902/face-off-adventure-time-vs-regular-show)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Adventure Time?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

Regular Show. The first times you watch it, the charm is the twist that you never imagine, and aftr you expect some twist, the way it is done, always impress me, i also think the characters are more interesting than in Adventure Time, and while Adventure Time has crazy all the time, i find that Regular Show has some old-school charm. So yeah, Adventure Time is fun, but Regular Show is my favorite show on TV right now.

JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MikeGosot said:

Regular Show. The first times you watch it, the charm is the twist that you never imagine, and aftr you expect some twist, the way it is done, always impress me, i also think the characters are more interesting than in Adventure Time, and while Adventure Time has crazy all the time, i find that Regular Show has some old-school charm. So yeah, Adventure Time is fun, but Regular Show is my favorite show on TV right now.

Regular Show DEFINITELY has an old school charm, no doubt about that. It definitely has a feel that resembles the 90's. Also the characters are definitely interesting and Muscle-Man never fails to impress.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
@JonathanAshleyMoore: I really like Skips. The whole "I am immortal and saw everything" thing he has going on, always make me laugh. It's a cool homage to the 90's cartoons and it tries some new stuff that happens to be really neat.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust
Is this how she got pregnant?
Is this how she got pregnant?

Adventure Time has my heart. It has a sweetness wrapped around adult sensibilities. It's like being a kid again but retaining all of your grown-up experiences. Finn's pure-hearted naivete and Jake's mature demeanor produce well balanced comedy pairing. Add a memorable supporting cast, Ice King, Marceline, LSP, etc... and the show functions so perfectly on multiple levels. I have also been pulled into the show's evolving mythology. I want to know if Finn and Susan are related, what will happen with the princess of the Fire Kingdom and what nefarious secrets does Gunther keep hidden? Adventure Time is one of the few shows I tune into to watch each week regularly.

Oh, speaking of which, I like Regular Show a whole lot, too.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By RichardLOlson

I honestly only watch cartoons from the 90s, but if I have to choose , I would say Regular Show. I don't watch either one of them, but from what I've seen out of the both of them, Regular Show has that slight 90s feel to it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says

So I watched a clip of regular show (bad breath kissing scene) and heard about rainbow horse getting pregnant in adventure time....

Are these shows actually for kids but weirdos like bronies watch them or are they kids shows that adults watch when they get high or are they shows like the simpsons where the subject matter is often for adults but kids can appreciate it too?

Any clarification would be helpful.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By jebara

Adventure Time.

Its crazy world is more interesting to me than Regular Show, character are more lovable and has more charm to it in my opinion.

Still love the Regular Show.

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By PK_Koopa

Hmm... I don't know, lemme just check the time.

Though really, my favourite right now is Gravity Falls. These two are fantastic, and Adventure time is the better of the two, but Gravity Falls has a special place in my heart.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kmdrkul

Regular Show, though I am getting more and more into Adventure Time.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By aurahack

Adventure Time, because...

No Caption Provided
Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hennet_sim

I like them both but picking on over the other I will go with Adventure Time. They are the only shows I watch on Cartoon Network.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regular Show. Tim Curry was on it.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BonOrbitz

Regular Show. I like Adventure Time for it's cracked-out creativity and design, but RS's characters and stories win me over.

BTW, I had no clue Mark Hamill does Skip's voice. That man's voice work is astounding and versatile.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By lord_canti

started watching adventure time a couple of months ago and it slapped mlp off my watch list to claim title as best current cartoon

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

I laugh more watching Adventure Time, but both are good. And fuck you for not having a "Both" option.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Tylea002

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

Regular show.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Meltac

Dude.. Regular Show.

ElCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By ElCount

I like both but I think you forgot about the Amazing World of Gumball it's also a great show.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldenglishc
WADDLE!
WADDLE!
onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onlineatron

@oldenglishC said:

WADDLE!
WADDLE!

JUST THIS AND NOTHING ELSE FOREVER

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By DarthOrange

I far and away love Regular Show way more then Adventure Time (though it is good too). Regular Show is grounded in reality with something crazy happening later in the episode. The characters are relatable and have unique personalities, which is why I prefer it to the always fantastical Adventure Time.

@Vinny_Says said:

So I watched a clip of regular show (bad breath kissing scene) and heard about rainbow horse getting pregnant in adventure time....

Are these shows actually for kids but weirdos like bronies watch them or are they kids shows that adults watch when they get high or are they shows like the simpsons where the subject matter is often for adults but kids can appreciate it too?

Any clarification would be helpful.

To pass these two shows off as simply a stupid stoner cartoon like Beavis and Butthead would be a great disservice, as is comparing it to the Simpsons and My Little Pony. Regular Show in particular is its own kind of awesome that anyone at any age can relate to. Everyone can find a character that they relate to, whether it be the slackers Mordecai and Rigby, the hard ass Benson, the dude who always has a response to everything like Muscle Man, the go to guy who knows just about everything (Skips), or the always blissfully happy and naive Pops. Adventure Time has no real character development and suffers for it.

There is also variety in the episodes. In some episodes, there are no super natural elements at all, like in the Karaoke episode:

and other times the whole episode is super natural:

but most of the time the episodes are somewhere in between. If you can honestly watch these two episodes and tell me that only kids, stoners and weirdos can enjoy it, I will eat my hat.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Sursh

Both are the result of shitty pop culture freaks taking things too an extent where it is not needed. I do however, enjoy Regular show. Adventure time, is just low calibre surreal philosophy with random thoughtless humour and John Dimaggio's voice.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dungbootle

So mainstream yet so indie!

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tunaburn

they are both great. this coming from a 26 year old father of a 6 year old. but regular show is better.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tunaburn

@JonathanAshleyMoore: if you like old kids shows, do something on the best kids show ever. THE ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE!

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Regular show. Adventure time fucking sucks. Not funny at all. Regular show is fucking crazy and funny.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I don't really care for either of them. But the characters on Adventure Time at least seem somewhat likable. The characters on Regular Show just seem nasty to me.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@MikeGosot said:

The old-time charm is what gives it that extra edge over Adventure Time; so Regular Show wins.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Barrock

Adventure Time for me. I've only seen one episode of Regular Show, which was the very first episode.

Hug Wolves. :D

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TyCobb

Neither. These shows have nothing on Ren & Stimpy when it was on Nickelodeon. Aside from Adult Swim, I stay clear of Cartoon Network because I hate what it has become. Some of their shows or movies aren't even cartoons! What happened to showing old Hannah Barbara, Looney Toons (god I miss June Bugs), Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and cartoons like Johnny Bravo!? Sure there's their other channel, but fuck that, it's not the same.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By grilledcheez

I enjoy Adventure time. I haven't enjoyed what I've seen of regular show.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Regular Show for me. Adventure Time is not bad but it never grabbed me the way Regular Show thus i've only seen a handful of episodes. besides Pops is not on Adventure Time. Case Closed.

JoshyLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JoshyLee

I don't really find Regular Show very funny, I miss Chowder.

BulimicBalzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BulimicBalzac

I feel that since there wasn't an option that supported my actual opinion in the poll I'll have to state it here. They are shows aimed at children you limp liver'd adult toddlers, and that means not to you older gents. Yeah I bet you guys also watch My Little Pony too huh? I've bet you've even polished the ole' teeny tater tot to it.

Well I just want to say thats DISGROSSTING and if you watch anything animated, ANYTHING you are an adult toddler/pedophile/arsonist.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MikkaQ

When I first read the thread title I thought I was being asked to pick between Face/Off and Adventure Time. Thank god I don't, that's like picking a favorite child.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelN7

Both are for stoners that's all that counts.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By supermonkey122

REGULAR SHOW!!!!!

delsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By delsaber

A crossover of Adventure Time with Regular Show that parodies the Nic Cage/John Travolta tour de force Face/Off.

JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tunaburn said:

@JonathanAshleyMoore: if you like old kids shows, do something on the best kids show ever. THE ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE!

That show is one of my personal favorites, I will eventually get round to doing an article on that. Love that show.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By AlexW00d

No idea what either of those are, but Faceoff is a pretty great movie.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By AssInAss

Adventure Time, it's not trying to be as referential as Regular Show, has way more creative characters and is a unique world. Also, Adventure Time's references are about video games, and you're on Giant Bomb so guess which one will be popular.

Also, weird messed up endings:

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hairy_Fish

I keep meaning to watch adventure time. I've only watched Regular Show. So that.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BaneFireLord

I've never watched either show.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Freshbandito

not really into the whole stoner cartoon thing, too weird a hobby for my liking.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Petiew

I don't like Adventure Time at all. I'm just not a fan of "lol so randumb xD" humour which is what it seems to be about.
Haven't watched the Regular show apart from 1 or 2 clips, so I can't really comment on that. Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy either though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#49  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Neither show is actually for children, but I'd say that Regular Show's weirdness is weirder than Adventure Time's weirdness. There's an episode that is a straight up reference to The Wizard.

EDIT: Really, I couldn't tell you which one is better, as both of them scratch a similar itch of absurdist, innuendo-laden television supposedly aimed at 11-year-olds but filled to the brim with jokes that 11-year-olds would never get.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By renmckormack

Adventure Time is one of the smartest comedies in years.