Face Stabbing Uh Uh Uh Uh

teletubbiekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello duders!

My brother and I have been fans of Giant Bomb for several years now, especially the Bombcast. Recently we've begun producing music together, and we felt like honoring Ryan Davis in some way, may he rest in peace. During some rough years the weekly Bombcast was one of the few joys in my life - and when he passed away it felt like losing a close friend, even though I never even met the guy. We've sampled some bits from the infamous 08/03/10 Bombcast where Ryan sounds like a serial killer, and we think the end result is quite hilarious. If this is considered spam, please delete it! We hope this song is not seen as in poor taste or anything like that! Please excuse my sub-par English, this isn't my first language.

Here's the link:
https://soundcloud.com/morty_mali/face-stabbing

Feel free to use it for whatever you want!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

This is actually a really creative track with some great sample use. The scratching especially is a nice touch. With all due respect to the great Ryan Davis, I think it could probably benefit from dropping the GB samples all together and putting in something that gels a little better with the overall sound. I did enjoy the faux-interview section in the middle though, that really fit in quite well, but the 'oddly satisfying' soundbit seems to be at odds with the general cadence of the track.

I mean I'm no music man, I know nothing about making it so take all my advice with a huge grain of salt. Like I said I think it really is a great piece of music as I'm really into this type of stuff. I would speed up the tempo towards the latter half but maybe trap music is supposed to be consistent throughout I dunno.

Also Morty Mali is a cool sounding band name and the logo looks coo las well.

teletubbiekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the great feedback man! I see what you mean regarding the GB samples kind of crashing with the overall sound design, but the use of GB samples is really the core concept of the song and we'd hate to cut them out. Maybe we'll do another version with more varied samples though, and cut out the "oddly satisfying" bits.

I'm no expert myself btw, neither is my brother. We started producing in February, before that none of us had touched FL Studio or had any talent with instruments what so ever. The tempo bit is really great advice, I love it when songs rush up the pace towards the latter half or during the second chorus. We will definitely try that in the future.

It's awesome you like our name and logo as well! I haven't gotten much use of my bachelor in Graphic Design until recently, lol

cheers

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I like it! Has a bit of that ICP feel to it.

One thing I'll say is that the part starting with the wilhelm scream is a bit dull. The track backs down, where I'd rather have it double up... either in tempo or in noise. Or both :D

I'm not sure if I'm saying the same thing as @humanity, but you know, you can and should do with it what you want.

Also, the song is definitely in poor taste. Ryan would approve.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This is pretty awesome. :D

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That was surprisingly well done.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@teletubbiekid: Yah maybe layer on some faster drums near the end! Looking forward to seeing what else you guys cook up.

teletubbiekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clush: HAHA that ICP feel is awesome! Not really what we were aiming for but I see what you mean. Cool you liked it!

I agree with you on the pacing bit. We will try to keep that in mind when we start working on our next project. Or maybe we'll do a VIP mix, who knows?

I'm glad you think Ryan would approve!

And thanks for the great feedback!

@dudeglove: I wish my brother or I could make it, but none of us has any experience with video editing :/

@tobbrobb: thanks man!

@shindig: and thank you as well!

@humanity: I'm glad you look forward to our next shenanigans :D

You guys are awesome!

OnionKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I coincidentally just listened to that Bombcast episode today! Awesome job using that sample in a pretty cool piece of music

teletubbiekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers