#1 Posted by Aegon (5117 posts) -

I think I went overboard with virtual interweb stalking today. I must hear other people tell me it's ok, lots of people do it. You're not crazy. Or maybe just share some of their internet related low points?

#2 Edited by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

A little context, please.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (12972 posts) -

If girls I went to high school with are going to put up bikini pics, god damnit, I'm going to look at them.

#4 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4493 posts) -

You're only human. I mean, that won't hold up in court, but that doesn't make it any less true.

#5 Posted by MegaLombax (381 posts) -

How far was overboard? I've done my fair share of internet stalking, I think its quite common these days. I may be wrong though. I don't know if its okay or not, I've had friends who told me it was kinda creepy. I mainly do it just to know a bit more background on a person. And its usually a one time thing for a person.

#6 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

You're fine. If people are publicly posting stuff on the Internet for other people to see, without any real restrictions or capabilities to stop people, then you're doing nothing wrong. Besides, depending what's being posted, some stuff on the Internet and Facebook and whatnot is put there simply for ogling. You're good.

Unless you've put a webcam in some poor girl's room and are stalking her via a website that links to said webcam. Then just link that site on the beta, and you're in the clear.

#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

This is why I don't post personal things to the internet.

#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Yeah, that's why I deleted my facebook.

#9 Posted by Fallen189 (4917 posts) -

Just don't get caught

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

You're the one calling it stalking. That inherently makes it weird.

#11 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

@Aegon: So, you used google maps to look at a friend's home? That's weird but not -super- stalkery.

If you downloaded all of the images your friend has posted on Facebook and then printed them out to go on your bedpost, -that- is super stalkery. Just um... stop where you're at and back up a bit.

#12 Posted by Daneian (1172 posts) -

As long as you're not looking for potential weaknesses in their home security, you're not too weird.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (34598 posts) -
#14 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

@Aegon: Google street view? Yeah, you took that past the crazy line.

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

Why doesn't the Giant Bomb community use real profile pictures?

#16 Posted by Aegon (5117 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I don't have any words. The music is doing it all for me.

^ That's totally not me (no, really).

#17 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

Context is key.

#18 Posted by pyromagnestir (3949 posts) -

Yep. This seems appropriate.

#19 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

If it's about a girl just don't do it. Move on.

#20 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

Ehh yes? Google street view seems pretty stalkerish. Just going through said person profile is fine. But I would need more context.