#1 Posted by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

It's that time again! http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ is up and running for you to create your team and to enter the Whiskey Media Sites league. The league is in its 4th year of existence having been active since the 2010/2011 season.

Rumours are abound of potential transfers between now and the opening matches of the season on Saturday 17th of August, which is when you'll have to have your teams ready by to earn points for week 1.

Archive

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/giant-bomb-fantasy-football-not-handegg/255236/?

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/fantasy-football-soccer-20102011-league-no-handegg/436440/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/fantasy-football-soccer-20112012-league-still-no-handegg/508182/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/fantasy-football-soccer-20122013-league-never-be-h-556830/

How do I join?

As usual everyone who has been a member in a previous season will be automatically re-entered once you've created your team.

If you're new to the league and want to join then click League > Join a League > Private League and enter the League code 110258-32348.

Good luck!

#2 Edited by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I'm only interested in Final Fantasy Football.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

This "The Scout" update to the Bonus Point System looks interesting, give it a read!

"For an example of the results the BPS generates on the basis of the in-game statistics against the scoring criteria above, check out the breakdown of West Bromwich Albion 5-5 Manchester United from last season below:

West Bromwich AlbionBPSManchester UnitedBPS
Romelu Lukaku24Robin van Persie11
James Morrison11Javier Hernández11
Chris Brunt10Shinji Kagawa10
Youssuf Mulumbu10Antonio Valencia9
Billy Jones8Jonny Evans8
Graham Dorrans6Alexander Büttner8
Markus Rosenberg5Phil Jones7
Claudio Yacob3Tom Cleverley6
Ben Foster3Michael Carrick5
Gareth McAuley2Ryan Giggs5
Jonas Olsson2Anderson4
Liam Ridgewell1Anders Lindegaard2
Shane Long1Rio Ferdinand1
Marc-Antoine Fortuné0Paul Scholes-1

Under the BPS, bonus points would have been awarded as follows:

• 3 points: Romelu Lukaku
  • 2 points: James Morrison, Robin van Persie, Javier Hernández
  • 1 points: None

The Scout will provide further examples and more detailed analysis of the BPS prior to the start of the season kicking off along with an explanation of how specific bonus points have been earned in a couple of Barclays Premier League matches in GW1 & GW2."

#4 Posted by Islaja (54 posts) -

I had totally missed this. Signed up and looking forward to the season!

#5 Posted by Humanity (7990 posts) -

Why would you call it football if you're not holding it in your hands, Europe makes no sense at all!

#6 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -
#7 Posted by Humanity (7990 posts) -
#8 Edited by FLStyle (4398 posts) -
#9 Edited by MjHealy (1739 posts) -

But the season doesn't start for another month! Godamnit, I miss lying around on the weekends, doing nothing and watching Premier League games.

#10 Posted by SythonX7 (134 posts) -

I have never looked at fantasy football in my life yet I am an avid football fan. I'd like to give it a go, is there anywhere I could to get an overview of how it works?

#11 Posted by FLStyle (4398 posts) -
#12 Posted by SythonX7 (134 posts) -

@flstyle: Ah I see, less to it than I thought. I was expecting something closer to Fifa's Ultimate Team with chemistry ratings and such, but I'll give it a shot adds a bit more excitement to watching league games I guess.

#13 Edited by Embryonic (100 posts) -

Choosing my forwards and I can't seem to find Michu.

Edit: Wtf he's under midfielders.

#14 Posted by NotTheBees (26 posts) -

Yes, that time of year again! Cannot wait til august 17th

#15 Posted by forkboy (970 posts) -

That'll be because he is a midfielder. They haven't added Giaccherini to Sunderland's team yet. Poo

#16 Posted by forkboy (970 posts) -

That'll be because he is a midfielder. They haven't added Giaccherini to Sunderland's team yet. Poo. Or Paulinho to Spurs. Rubbish.

#17 Posted by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

10 days to go until the new premier league season starts!

#18 Posted by NotTheBees (26 posts) -
@flstyle said:

Can't wait!!

Who do we all think will win? I want to say United, but Chelsea and City are both looking strong at this point.

#19 Edited by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

@notthebees said:
@flstyle said:

Can't wait!!

Who do we all think will win? I want to say United, but Chelsea and City are both looking strong at this point.

United under Moyes is an unknown, can Mourinho turn the Chelsea squad around, I don't even know who City's manager is, should be an interesting season.

I'm also interested to see how Martinez does with Everton and if they can challenge Arsenal and Spurs for Champions League places.

#20 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Chelsea will probably win as much as it annoys me, United will do poorly as Fergie is irreplaceable and Moyes is not exactly the highest tier of manager.

#21 Posted by KarlPilkington (2656 posts) -

I joined, I am Wirral Wanderers.

#22 Posted by Benny (1938 posts) -

Tremble before the might of Van Nistelrooy F.C. in honor of the world's greatest ever player.

#23 Edited by LeYcH (216 posts) -

Everyone shall tremble before Kickass FC.

What are everyone's predictions for the season?

#24 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -

Do you actively need to check this, or could I make a team now and then leave it until the end?

#25 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -

@alexw00d: You'll need to confirm your team before match day.

#26 Posted by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

Do you actively need to check this, or could I make a team now and then leave it until the end?

Yep you can make a team and leave it if you want, but if your players get injured or transferred to another country and you're not there to swap them out the game won't do it for you, you'll just be handicapped.

#27 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -
#28 Posted by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

Only a week away! Make sure to get your teams made and league joined so that you'll be there for week 1.

#29 Posted by Hailinel (22737 posts) -

Still with the hand egg jokes? That stopped being clever a decade ago. :P

#30 Edited by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

@hailinel: Every thread title must have Handegg in it, it's tradition!

#31 Posted by razielrioux (122 posts) -

@flstyle: This makes me very happy, soccer with GB Duders?! Perfect!

#32 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Still with the hand egg jokes? That stopped being clever a decade ago. :P

Word.

#33 Posted by MjHealy (1739 posts) -

I was second for most of last season. In that, I take a lot of pride.

#34 Posted by Happenstance (455 posts) -

I've joined up as well as I already had my team going for 2 other leagues. I just wish the Bale situation would hurry up and get sorted out so I know if I should be trading him out or not!

#35 Posted by evanomeara (78 posts) -

Yeah I joined up

#36 Edited by FLStyle (4398 posts) -

48 hours to go and we've crossed 100 entrants!

#37 Posted by Jimbo (9711 posts) -

HYPE

#38 Posted by Lukin (26 posts) -

Almost forgot about this, going to throw my hat in the ring. I anticipate after bright opening month, a dip in form and team morale and the sack by Christmas!

#39 Edited by Embryonic (100 posts) -

Hell of a performance from Begovic.

How many of you had him in their team?