Fantasy Football (Soccer) 2014/2015 League - S6

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

No Caption Provided

Welcome to Season 6 of Giant Bomb's Fantasy Football League! Week 1 begins on August 16th so make sure your team is made by then!

We are post-World Cup and the most successful players are globe-hoping like there's no tomorrow. Last year's top points scorer Luiz 'Chomp' Suarez has left Liverpool for Barcelona so the vast majority of teams will have to find someone new to bandwagon on to. Expect USA's hero Tim Howard to get a significant boost in users picking him for their side as his team Everton begin their 2014/2015 campaign.

Archive

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/giant-bomb-fantasy-football-not-handegg/255236/?

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/fantasy-football-soccer-20102011-league-no-handegg/436440/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/fantasy-football-soccer-20112012-league-still-no-handegg/508182/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/fantasy-football-soccer-20122013-league-never-be-h-556830/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/fantasy-football-soccer-2013-2014-league-handegg-n-1445407/

How do I join?

To join the Giant Bomb league which still goes by the name of Whiskey Media Sites, you must do the following:

• If you're returning from last year simply sign up and create your team and you'll be automatically entered into the league
  • If you're new to the GBFF league then sign up on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/, create your team, go to Leagues > Join a League > Join a Private League > Copy and paste this code into the box - 328007-87545

If you've never participated in this before and are unsure what to do, how you win, how you earn points and what the rules are etc. then click here!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Hmm. Maybe I'll try this fantasy thing.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Ooooh, this is very tempting. Didn't do it last year, but I think I'll be joining this. Mid table mediocrity, here I come!

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

bring it the fuck on!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

SIGN ME UP. I EAT CHUMPS LIKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST. (I'm Chris-Chan Fanclub)

Avatar image for stevetheradroach
StevetheRadroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I PICK SOCCER PLAYERS BETTER THAN ALL YOU TURKEYS-Manager of the new STL FC

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Siem De Jong running riot.

Joe_Wildheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joe_Wildheart

Now Leicester City are back in the Premier League, I will actually sign up this year

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

If it's OK to ask it here, is this team any good? I think I've done the best I can with this, but I still get the feeling there's a lot of room for improvement.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard

My first go round:

No Caption Provided

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely up for signing up played on this site for few years now had no idea Giant Bomb has a league! C'mon the Pompey Maple Leafs!!!!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've never done this, but decided to give it a shot. Probably going to get crushed, but it should still be fun.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

If it's OK to ask it here, is this team any good? I think I've done the best I can with this, but I still get the feeling there's a lot of room for improvement.

I won the Whiskey league last season and I think I was second the year before. Here's my take on your team:

You have Howard and Coleman from Everton's defence, but Everton play Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool in their first 7 matches. Lloris and De Gea are possibly better options than Howard at the same price. Coleman is the same price as Baines this year, but Baines takes Everton's penalties which *should* see Baines outscore Coleman over the season, assuming he stays fit etc.

Terry is a solid pick and is usually good for a few goals over a season. Chelsea's new left back Luis offers a slightly cheaper alternative if you want to free a little cash, but may or may not be a better option.

Shaw is fine and is the only certainty in the Utd defence right now - he could score very well indeed if Utd end up playing with wing backs, which is looking likely at the moment. Sagna is a poor choice because Zabaleta will almost certainly still be first choice most of the time for City at right back. Consider Ben Davies instead, who just signed for Spurs, should be their first choice left back, and only costs 5.0.

Hazard will be great. Sanchez should be great, and could become essential if he ends up playing as Arsenal's main striker, but I don't expect that to happen right away. Johnson is a bit inconsistent, but I think he's a decent choice for his price.

Henderson I don't like as a pick because he just isn't attacking enough and is a rotation risk. Consider Sigurdsson who just moved back to Swansea - he's very attacking, will play behind the striker and is the same price as Henderson.

Your strikers are your biggest area of concern. Lukaku currently will hardly get a game unless he moves to another club. Remy could be a bargain at Liverpool but will likely be playing out wide which could hamper his potential (hard to tell either way until we see Liverpool in action) - he is a risk but it could pay off. Crouch is just bad at football. You really should try and fit at least one of the big hitters (Van Persie, Aguero, Sturridge, Rooney... potentially Diego Costa) into your frontline though. You want at least one reliable captain choice every week and these guys - especially Van Persie & Aguero - give you that.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely up for this but it is way too early to start picking teams. I've been doing this for a few years now and I'd recommend you only do it if you're sure you have true grit. It's a long season and kind of annoying when people drop off from playing.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely up for this but it is way too early to start picking teams. I've been doing this for a few years now and I'd recommend you only do it if you're sure you have true grit. It's a long season and kind of annoying when people drop off from playing.

True! The transfers and friendly matches leading up to the first matches should also be given consideration before finalising a team.

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in!

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@rebel_scum said:

True! The transfers and friendly matches leading up to the first matches should also be given consideration before finalising a team.

I had a mate tell me that you can transfer all you like before the season starts but I've never noticed that. So I guess you can pick teams now, if you don't like em after the friendlies, transfer them.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@rebel_scum said:

I had a mate tell me that you can transfer all you like before the season starts but I've never noticed that. So I guess you can pick teams now, if you don't like em after the friendlies, transfer them.

I wasn't referring to Fantasy Football transfers!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thunderstorm101
thunderstorm101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thunderstorm101

Here is my team for now

No Caption Provided

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent all my money!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have instant buyers remorse.(4-4-2), Lloris, Coleman, Skrtl, Davies, Vlaar, Yaya Toure, Ramsey, Sissoko, Siem de Jong, Remy, Gayle.

Gazzaniga, Lambert, Smalling, Lallana

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

I have instant buyers remorse.(4-4-2), Lloris, Coleman, Skrtl, Davies, Vlaar, Yaya Toure, Ramsey, Sissoko, Siem de Jong, Remy, Gayle.

Gazzaniga, Lambert, Smalling, Lallana

You can make as many changes as you like before the season starts.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we change our formation?

CrazyCraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

@flstyle: You are able to change the league name in Administer this league option (The gear cog). If you so wish, that is.

CrazyCraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CrazyCraven

@sterling: Yes. The formation is dictated by the players you select for the first 11.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazycraven: Oh. I thought I had to pick exactly what it showed me. Hmm. I guess I am off to make some changes then.

CrazyCraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling:

select a fantasy football squad of 15 players, consisting of:

2 Goalkeepers, 5 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, and 3 Forwards.

Then select 1 Goal Keeper + 10 outfield players to make up the starting 11.

Most of your money should be spent on the Starting 11 and buy 3 cheap subs.

Avatar image for thunderstorm101
thunderstorm101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

Can we change our formation?

Your formation auto changes based on the first 11 you select,

so if you select 3 attackers it will change to a 4-3-3 or if you pick 5 defenders it will change to a 5-3-2

So it all depends on who you pick

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is your 1 week warning, if you don't have a team in place you'll miss out on Week 1 points!

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I keep fucking with my team. Can't wait for this season to start hopefully the charity shield will produced something good.

Joe_Wildheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Joe_Wildheart

I can't wait for the first game of the season! my tickets came this morning for Leicester City v Everton. Everyone has already said we are going straight back down, but it seems everyone has forgot we walked to The Championship title last season and were by far the best team in that division. It's not gonna be easy as our first five games of the season are tough (h v Everton, a v Chelsea, h v Arsenal, a v Stoke, h v Man Utd), but we have got a young and talented squad who are improving all the time (Drinkwater, Knockeart, Moore and Mahrez are the standout talents). We've also managed to sign some decent backup and all of the out of contract players have signed long term contracts, including Nigel Pearson who is the best manager we have had since O'Neill. I just think there are three teams worse than us in that division, Burnley, West Brom (poor squad, and manager who was failed numerous times at a lower level) and Aston Villa (awful manager, awful tactics, awful style of football)

But I'm a fan, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps we will get battered every week. Wes Morgan as our centre half does not fill me with confidence, and Ulloa is a massive gamble. But who knows, there are always some surprises along the way.

Oh, and I've done my team, would post it but I don't know how :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to get tickets for Newcastle v Crystal Palace today but they sold out super quick. Must be that early season optimism.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@flstyle: Yeah I was more correcting myself. :p

EDIT: No head to head league? I think that format goes hand in hand with classic league.

TurkBurgBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just about to post about creating a GB EPL league.....so glad this already exists.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FLStyle

Week 1 begins in 24 hours! Don't miss out! (Times local to England, GMT)

16 Aug 12:45Man UtdMan UtdvSwanseaSwansea
16 Aug 15:00LeicesterLeicestervEvertonEverton
16 Aug 15:00QPRQPRvHullHull
16 Aug 15:00StokeStokevAston VillaAston Villa
16 Aug 15:00West BromWest BromvSunderlandSunderland
16 Aug 15:00West HamWest HamvSpursSpurs
16 Aug 17:30ArsenalArsenalvCrystal PalaceCrystal Palace
17 Aug 13:30LiverpoolLiverpoolvSouthamptonSouthampton
17 Aug 16:00NewcastleNewcastlevMan CityMan City
18 Aug 20:00BurnleyBurnleyvChelseaChelsea
Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Phili151

Finally got around to picking my team for the new season, and joining this league here's my team if anyone is interested:

No Caption Provided

Feel like Speroni is going to let me down now Tony Pulis and his magical baseball cap have left Crystal Palace.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time hippity-hopping between Fantasy Football Scout and transfer gossip sites, tinkering with my team. Don't think there's a single player in my team now that was in my initial draft XD

No Caption Provided

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barkley's injured which is annoying, it's good that you can make transfers for free before the season starts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just had to put siggy on the fucking bench didn't i

#SigurdssonMasterRace

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it Noble, I didn't put you in my team to miss penalties!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have Weimann! He is on my bench! Giroud is starting! Yay!

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigurdsson, Hangeland and Ramsey bagging me all those sweet sweet points!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAMSEY I LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So here's to you Jordan Henderson... And Sturridge, and Sterling but he's not in me fantasy team. Come on the reds!