FAQ About Mental Health From A Biased Source...ME! Part 6!!!! Everyone's Angry!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Edited By JasonR86

Test

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

@jasonr86 said:

Usually with these blogs I do a fake question and answer thing where I ask questions similar to what I might hear from clients and I give an honest, reasonable answer that I might give a client.

THEY WERE FAKE!?!?!? Why should I believe anything you have to say?

Edit:

After actually reading your giant wall of text (would it have killed you to add some damn pictures?) I have to say that I think an important thing is to simply let people air out their grievances. It is a good thing that a thread has been allowed for people to discuss how they feel so that it can be pointed out when someone is saying something that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Having your thoughts written out in text can help you realize that maybe you are wrong or maybe you failed to consider a third variable.

That paragraph about the line between professional and personal being blurred reminds me of this article that Adam Sessler wrote (which was shown to me by @slag).

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Having been married for several years I can say that, "You can be right or you can be happy."

When were angry and lash out the most import thing you can say is, "I'm sorry, I was wrong." It's something we don't say enough.

I agree with your points. Our failure to recognize the people we talk to, on our devices, are real people. It's far too easy to lash out. To quote Evelyn Hall, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." I may not agree with what Samantha Allen is saying, I think attacking her is 100% the wrong thing. Saying she has a multiated penis isn't OK. Argue against the persons points, not the person.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g:

Absolutely.

@darthorange:

Oh Darth.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@darthorange:

Oh Darth.

Hey I added more substance to it!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JasonR86

@darthorange:

You did! I forgot about that article Adam wrote. Dude beat me to the punch. I hope a user would take the time to reread a post before posting it. Though if I'm honest I don't always do that either. But if we keep falling into this maladaptive pattern I see today's events happening time and time again.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarthOrange

@jasonr86 said:

@darthorange:

You did! I forgot about that article Adam wrote. Dude beat me to the punch. I hope a user would take the time to reread a post before posting it. Though if I'm honest I don't always do that either. But if we keep falling into this maladaptive pattern I see today's events happening time and time again.

I totally fell into it just a few minutes ago and Rorie pointed out that I was being a jackass. It happens to the best of us. Sometimes it just takes someone rephrasing our own words to realize that we are being ridiculous.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@jasonr86 said:

"Even if you are right, you can make yourself wrong by the way you act."

If only this could be a banner that popped up before anyone wrote anything on the internet. Then again, I've been accused of "tone policing" on way too many occasions, so even some folks have made themselves immune to that important pearl of wisdom.

Not trying to start that kind of argument here, though. As always, thanks for your awesome insight!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers