Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

After my ps4 broke I tried to renew it with Sony. They sent me a box and a paper to fill out information on. I looked at the paper and I noticed I must have the original receipt. Problem is that receipt I had was long gone and I can't return it. Tomorrow I'm jumping ship to the Xbox One, and my ps4 will be put to rest for good.

I only had it for six months and it's all over now. I'm alittle bitter about it, but its all good. I'll probably get a new ps4 once it drops down in price. As of now I got no desire to play it right now. I've lost all my game data so fuck it. I'm probably going to go get the Titanfall bundle and watchdogs afterwards. Its time to see whats that xbone life is about now.

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

Oh gosh. This is not how I wanted things to turn out for you, but uh. Congratulations, man? Really.

I also got Titanfall AND Watch Dogs on XONE just recently. Awesome! Welcome to the fold, and here's to the next 10 years. E3 HYPE!

#2 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Oh gosh. This is not how I wanted things to turn out for you, but uh. Congratulations, man? Really.

I also got Titanfall AND Watch Dogs on XONE just recently. Awesome! Welcome to the fold, and here's to the next 10 years. E3 HYPE!

HAZAA! I'll add you to my friend list. Its the same as your ps4 account right?

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Yup! Same one.

Halo 2 Anniversary Hype Train! :D

#4 Posted by BigSocrates (346 posts) -

Welcome to the 'BONE ZONE.

Titanfall is fun times. So is Super Time Force, Plants Vs Zombies, and Peggle 2. Things are pretty cool in the 'BONE zone.

Sorry 'bout your PS4 though.

#5 Edited by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:
@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Yup! Same one.

Aswome! I get to finally battle you in KiIler Instinct, don't go easy on me.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Welcome to the 'BONE ZONE.

Titanfall is fun times. So is Super Time Force, Plants Vs Zombies, and Peggle 2. Things are pretty cool in the 'BONE zone.

Sorry 'bout your PS4 though.

I heard good things about that game, I'll check it out.

#7 Posted by Korwin (2864 posts) -

That seems a little rash, you could just go back to where you bought it and have them re-print the receipt for the transaction which is more than good enough for this purpose. By all means pick up an Xbox as well but it doesn't seem like a logical point to just throw up your hands and yell fuck it when there is a $400 machine on the table.

#8 Posted by CreepingDeath0 (176 posts) -

Honestly why wouldn't you keep a receipt or proof of purchase for any expensive electronic equipment you buy? Anything with a warranty requires it.

#9 Edited by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@creepingdeath0 said:

Honestly why wouldn't you keep a receipt or proof of purchase for any expensive electronic equipment you buy? Anything with a warranty requires it.

I had it in the ps4 box, but my mom threw it away.

@korwin said:

That seems a little rash, you could just go back to where you bought it and have them re-print the receipt for the transaction which is more than good enough for this purpose. By all means pick up an Xbox as well but it doesn't seem like a logical point to just throw up your hands and yell fuck it when there is a $400 machine on the table.

I'll see if I can have them reprint the receipt, but I dought it.

#10 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5013 posts) -

xbox one is alright. Dead Rising 3 best game on the platform. I'm waiting for Halo.

#11 Posted by Slag (4346 posts) -

@falserelic: If you purchased it with a credit card and have an idea of the date you got it, chances are the retailer can get you another copy of the receipt.

Uh you sure you got that right, that looks like a Nintendo train.....

#12 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -
@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:
@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Yup! Same one.

Hell yeah!

I also saw that XBL points are on sale this week at Best Buy for like $13.50 and $22 instead of the $15 and $25. That's sort of pretty cool buying points as of late to get digital games, because XB has as of late that if you go to https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost/

You make each gift card you get as a separate purchase, to make sure you get the max amount allotted to you. You write down the number code you get from the website on to each receipt, and you provide the date and store you bought it at, and you should get $5 in XBL points per gift card up to $50 for this year. I did it anyway, and bought Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs, and the Watch Dogs Season Pass, and basically I still have $40 in my Xbox account by now. I'll probably use it on a GTA V season pass on XONE if that comes out sooner, or an AC V season pass or just whatever. Free points and games, yo! :D

This year is gonna be a really good year for games anyway. Sunset Overdrive and MK tease. :D

Sabrewulf and Jago go hard.

#13 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

xbox one is alright. Dead Rising 3 best game on the platform. I'm waiting for Halo.

I'm getting Dead Rising 3 even though I know whats going to happen, aleast I haven't seen the DLC stories. I might get ryse aswell though I'm abit skeptical.

#14 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

@slag: Its a train.. I only have some trains..

#15 Posted by BigSocrates (346 posts) -

@slag said:

@falserelic: If you purchased it with a credit card and have an idea of the date you got it, chances are the retailer can get you another copy of the receipt.

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Uh you sure you got that right, that looks like a Nintendo train.....

Also is there any chance that there will be a Halo 2 anniversary edition when they've announced that Halo Chronicles thing with all 4 numbered games coming to the 'Bone? They won't put out a separate edition.

#16 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:
@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Yup! Same one.

Hell yeah!

I also saw that XBL points are on sale this week at Best Buy for like $13.50 and $22 instead of the $15 and $25. That's sort of pretty cool buying points as of late to get digital games, because XB has as of late that if you go to https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost/

You make each gift card you get as a separate purchase, to make sure you get the max amount allotted to you. You write down the number code you get from the website on to each receipt, and you provide the date and store you bought it at, and you should get $5 in XBL points per gift card up to $50 for this year. I did it anyway, and bought Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs, and the Watch Dogs Season Pass, and basically I still have $40 in my Xbox account by now. I'll probably use it on a GTA V season pass on XONE if that comes out sooner, or an AC V season pass or just whatever. Free points and games, yo! :D

This year is gonna be a really good year for games anyway. Sunset Overdrive and MK tease. :D

Sabrewulf and Jago go hard.

That's nice to hear.

BTW...does the xbox one have a good amount of digital games to download? Like Xbox classics or indie games.

#17 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5013 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

I'm getting Dead Rising 3 even though I know whats going to happen, aleast I haven't seen the DLC stories. I might get ryse aswell though I'm abit skeptical.

Ryse is a gorgeous game. I'd say worth a play. I borrowed it but never touched the multiplayer but i heard its pretty good.

#18 Posted by BigSocrates (346 posts) -

@falserelic:

The Xbox does not have a great list of downloadable games. It has some indies like Super Time Force but no Xbox classics and fewer indies than PS4 at this point. Microsoft seems to be making an effort but at this point the Ps4 is the pretty clear winner in this department.

#19 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@bigjeffrey said:

Ryse is a gorgeous game. I'd say worth a play. I borrowed it but never touched the multiplayer but i heard its pretty good.

After thinking about it I'll play it. I remeber seeing the ending afew months ago, but it still looks like a fun game to play. Though I can't wait to play Killer instinct, I can't wait to get my ass kicked.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@falserelic:

The Xbox does not have a great list of downloadable games. It has some indies like Super Time Force but no Xbox classics and fewer indies than PS4 at this point. Microsoft seems to be making an effort but at this point the Ps4 is the pretty clear winner in this department.

That's good to know.

Hopefully they'll drop some great titles after E3.

#21 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

@falserelic: Everything XONE is day one digital, sure. Indie games do seem to be coming. Super Time Force and Below are the big ones of those, and they're supposed to have an indie showcase trailer with just a bunch of stuff at E3 or so. Old games, maybe just the Halo re-releases of 1-4, and I've read that they might be doing Phantom Dust 2 from OG Xbox successor.

Totem does look pretty damn cool, so I'm sure that's year.

And hopefully the Japanese XONE stuff Chaos Child, comes over here.

Get some Persona up in this, yo!

#22 Posted by Nefarious_Al (138 posts) -

They have to fix it you've had it under 1-year. You need to tear someone a new asshole until you get it fixed.

#23 Posted by JangoFett25 (3 posts) -

Sorry to hear about your PS4 :( , but welcome to Xbox Land! I LOVE my Xbox One(including the Kinect!) Not a whole lot of "indie" games at the moment, BUT after E3 I'll bet we'll see more coming soon to the system. I believe Ryse will be discounted in June so I'd hold off on a purchase unless you can get it cheap. Plus, Halo Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of Brotherhood will be free for Gold members in June. Hope your new system treats you well :)

#24 Edited by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@falserelic: Everything XONE is day one digital, sure. Indie games do seem to be coming. Super Time Force and Below are the big ones of those, and they're supposed to have an indie showcase trailer with just a bunch of stuff at E3 or so. Old games, maybe just the Halo re-releases of 1-4, and I've read that they might be doing Phantom Dust 2 from OG Xbox successor.

Totem does look pretty damn cool, so I'm sure that's year.

And hopefully the Japanese XONE stuff Chaos Child, comes over here.

Get some Persona up in this, yo!

Fantastic news.

I'll check out that Halo Re-Release, and I look forward to seeing the line up of games for Xbone.

#25 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Sorry to hear about your PS4 :( , but welcome to Xbox Land! I LOVE my Xbox One(including the Kinect!) Not a whole lot of "indie" games at the moment, BUT after E3 I'll bet we'll see more coming soon to the system. I believe Ryse will be discounted in June so I'd hold off on a purchase unless you can get it cheap. Plus, Halo Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of Brotherhood will be free for Gold members in June. Hope your new system treats you well :)

Good to know I'll hold off on it, and yeah hopefully this system doesn't try to sabotage itself.

#26 Edited by bybeach (4820 posts) -

I was going to maybe get the PS4. But for the moment for any console is suspended. I will say this much.

MS replaced my 360 after I got a real person on the line, and recounted I saw 3 red rings once (which was the truth, it failed and finally all 3 lit up). Sony on the other hand wouldn't even talk to me, and a new blu-ray player installed cost me much, just out of warranty. Even though my feet are still pointing one direction, I will show my appreciation to MS's dealings with me. I can't say if it is over-all true, but I know who gave me the better customer support.

#27 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@bybeach said:

I was going to maybe get the PS4. But for the moment for any console is suspended. I will say this much.

MS replaced my 360 after I got a real person on the line, and recounted I saw 3 red rings once (which was the truth, it failed and finally all 3 lit up). Sony on the other hand wouldn't even talk to me, and a new blu-ray player installed cost me much, just out of warranty. Even though my feet are still pointing one direction, I will show my appreciation to MS's dealings with me. I can't say if it is over-all true, but I know who gave me the better customer support.

When I called Sony there was two things I wanted.

1. To cancel my Pre-order for Watchdogs. Now the guy said he can put it back into my Bank account, but it will take two billing cycles(Which is like 30 days or abit more). I could have it put back into my psn account, but whats the point if my console doesn't work.

2. If I can replace my ps4. He said I can since its still within the sony warranty, but I got the box today after waiting patiently. Only to find out that I need the receipt of where I got the console from. If not they will ship my broken ps4 back to me.

So now I don't care anymore I just want to get back into gaming. I've experienced what the ps4 offered, and now I want to see the Xbox one. Maybe I might end up liking it more then the ps4 in the long run.

#28 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2456 posts) -

Is xbox live arcade on the One? Or a similar system, that was one of my big draws for the 360.

#29 Posted by OurSin_360 (882 posts) -

Do you have the warranty? You shouldn't need a receipt for that? Always keep your receipts and warranties for major purchases.

#30 Posted by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

This thread makes me realize that I can't wait until I return to Canada and am able to purchase an X1!

#31 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

:'(

#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15944 posts) -

I've literally not touched my X1 since like January, except to turn it on and get updates.

#33 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -
#34 Posted by pweidman (2333 posts) -

Too bad about your PS4. My 2 cent anecdotals here duder:

I have been an xbox loyalist for years, and I have both X1 and PS4 now. I like the PS4's functionalities better, especially the user interface(X1 still has a bunch of annoying glitches still despite all the updates and the kinect camera is pretty unreliable in my experience; get one w/o it is my rec), but it's a bit behind on games right now. I prefer the X1's controller by just a bit, but the PS4's new controller is a huge improvement over the duel-shock for me. If you get an X1, Forza 5 is good, but definitely get DR3; it's the best exclusive game on that system for sure. So fun with a friend.

#35 Edited by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

I wonder if it is time to point out you should have saved that money for a PC...

#36 Posted by Ctp2987 (1 posts) -

You don't need a receipt dude. I got my ps4 off ebay and had the blue light problem. When I saw that paper in the box that said you need a copy of the receipt I called and told them I got it as a gift (I lied, shameful I know lol) so I didn't have the receipt. They told me the receipt is only to verify date of purchase since it is a one year warranty, but since the ps4 hasn't been out for a year it doesn't matter what date you purchased it. So any warranties before November don't need a receipt.

#37 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@extomar said:

I wonder if it is time to point out you should have saved that money for a PC?

To be honest PC gaming isn't really my thing. I'm not the brightest when it comes to PC specs and stuff. I don't like having a game just to find out my PC isn't up to par with it. I just don't have the patience to go back and forth upgrading my PC.

#38 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@ctp2987 said:

You don't need a receipt dude. I got my ps4 off ebay and had the blue light problem. When I saw that paper in the box that said you need a copy of the receipt I called and told them I got it as a gift (I lied, shameful I know lol) so I didn't have the receipt. They told me the receipt is only to verify date of purchase since it is a one year warranty, but since the ps4 hasn't been out for a year it doesn't matter what date you purchased it. So any warranties before November don't need a receipt.

Aswome,maybe there still might be hope yet.

#39 Posted by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

@extomar said:

To be honest PC gaming isn't really my thing. I'm not the brightest when it comes to PC specs and stuff. I don't like having a game just to find out my PC isn't up to par with it. I just don't have the patience to go back and forth upgrading my PC.

Just saying you seem pretty comfy spending several hundreds of dollars on *two* goofy speced hardware that are highly proprietary and that isn't up to par. And it broke on you so if that doesn't try your patience then I'm not sure what would on PC.

#40 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@extomar said:

@falserelic said:

@extomar said:

Just saying you seem pretty comfy spending several hundreds of dollars on *two* goofy speced hardware that are highly proprietary and that isn't up to par. And it broke on you so if that doesn't try your patience then I'm not sure what would on PC.

You got me with that one.

#41 Posted by mikey87144 (1772 posts) -

@ctp2987 said:

I was about to say the same thing.

#42 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@extomar said:

I built a PC a couple years ago with a 670, I haven't done anything except put games at max since then...

The minute it starts to dip I might just buy a new 800 series of cards if I'm still here.

#43 Posted by SkullPanda1 (120 posts) -

Call Sony back, the receipt bit isn't needed. It's stored electronically for them. My dad had to return his PS4 and they didn't need his receipt.

#44 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Call Sony back, the receipt bit isn't needed. It's stored electronically for them. My dad had to return his PS4 and they didn't need his receipt.

I already shipped my ps4 to sony afew days ago, it should be coming back this week. I don't know if they'll give me a new one or not, but aleast its a try.

#45 Posted by SkullPanda1 (120 posts) -

@falserelic: my dad got a new unit, but that was days post launch. Hope your machine arrives soon!