Just got done with the most recent Film and 40's, and I feel like we need a dedicated place to discuss these movies as they've become a big part of the site somehow. From the office Tokyo Drift poster, to Jeff convincing me to give Fast Five a shot, to the general appreciation of The Rock around these parts.
Feel free to discuss the lore, various theories, Paul Walker, and future predictions.
I'll start with a simple Ranking of Furious:
1. Fast Five - It's the best in the series for me, due to the initial shock of what I watched this series turn into. Big action, big emotion, and big money scores. The last half hour is the best sort of stuff that action movies have to offer.
2. - Furious 7 - It's just so over the top. Jason Statham in that opening scene, the flying cars, Tony Jaa... I had so much fun watching this dumb, dumb ass movie.
3. - Fast & Furious - It's weird and gritty, but they're in mourning, man! The melodrama made me chuckle more often than not, but I liked the story and a single-minded Dom on the prowl looking for vengeance was the guy at his most dangerous.
4. - Fast & Furious 6 - I was a big fan of Evil Letty, and this dark rival family in general. It had that cool flipping car and the tank sequence and he stomps a god damn parking garage onto the bad guy. Plus, when the mid-credits sequence hit, it had the moment of "oh shit, we're finally caught up, we're doing this!!!"
5. The Fast and the Furious - This was a silly movie back then, and it feels even sillier now. But boy, it was fun to go back to last month. There's just enough of Point Break in there to make me appreciation it, and the hyperspeed NOS just makes it even better.
6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - It's a stupid fucking movie, which unfortunately didn't live up to the hype that the GB crew started for me. Han is so great, the mythical treatment of drifting is hilarious, and they built that cool FrankenMustang.
7. 2 Fast 2 Furious - What a piece of shit. Hot damn, I didn't like this movie AT ALL. Another one I never saw til Film and 40s, so it was nice to finally get some background on Roman and Tej, who are by far the best parts of this one. But unfortunately, it sucks hard!
Ok, that's all I got!