#1 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I was just wondering if anbody has a favorite album of 2010 they'd like to share.  

Mine would have to be Arcade Fire - The Suburbs, because it's been playing non-stop since I bought it.

#2 Edited by jackbag (209 posts) -
Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More

Great year. Lots of good new stuff from Black Keys, Vampire Weekend, Spoon, The Roots, LCD Soundsystem, Gorillaz, Broken Bells. Sure I'm forgetting other stuff that I really liked.
#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
 BY FAR  
#4 Posted by Frost_Forged (6 posts) -

Sea of Cowards - The Dead Weather.

#5 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -

Periphery.

#6 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park and Recovery by Eminem. 

Oh. And Plastic Beach by Gorillaz.

#7 Posted by kagato (924 posts) -

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

#8 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -
#9 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Either 

Or 

While I really liked The Suburbs, I felt it had a few too many songs that were just "OK". 

#10 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Fozzy - Chasing the Grail....no really.

#11 Posted by Darkstorn (465 posts) -

Pain of Salvation - Road Salt One

Jorn - Dio

Therion - Sitra Ahra

Dream Evil - Immortal

#12 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -
@Kibblez said:
"
"
This
#13 Posted by Skillface (564 posts) -

#14 Posted by Timing (619 posts) -
@The_Dude said:
" Periphery. "
The vocals ruined this for me. I liked the instrumental version though.

Right now for me probably the Aquarius by Haken. Really really awesome Prog Metal. Warning though; contains SUDDEN DEATH METAL. If Opeth's transitions surprised you, this will give you a heart attack. I personally don't mind a little Death, but I feel like this album didn't need it. Still awesome though.
#15 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

The Suburbs
Plastic Beach is a close second place

#16 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1755 posts) -

Sevendust - Cold Day Memory, Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast, and Taproot - Plead the Fifth are my favorites so far. There have been some other great ones this year too, like the new Mnemic, Demon Hunter, Nonpoint, Fear Factory, and Dark Tranquility albums, and a bunch of other stuff that I haven't even gotten around to yet. I think the new Disturbed and Stone Sour albums are kind of disappointing, though.

#17 Posted by Tyashki (213 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"  BY FAR   "
#18 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -

I'd probably have to go with This Is Happening by LCD Soundsystem at this point. But I've been listening to the new Deerhunter album a lot over the past couple of days and that may make a run at being my #1.

#19 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

#20 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
@Timing said:
" @The_Dude said:
" Periphery. "
The vocals ruined this for me. I liked the instrumental version though.

Right now for me probably the Aquarius by Haken. Really really awesome Prog Metal. Warning though; contains SUDDEN DEATH METAL. If Opeth's transitions surprised you, this will give you a heart attack. I personally don't mind a little Death, but I feel like this album didn't need it. Still awesome though. "
I totally agree with you on his vocals, I think his scream is great but he needs to not be so...I don't know, I guess he just sounds he's whining. Instrumentally though its insane, I think I listen to the instrumental CD way more and it still blows me away. I'll check out the album you talked about though, always up for prog/death/tech/what ever.
#21 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Nice to see some love for Arcade Fire.  

Vampire Weekend, Spoon, LCD Soundsystem, and Gorillaz are all fantastic as well so far this year.  
And I just downloaded Broken Bells, so hopefully that's good.    

#22 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

For me the xx's first album. Really peaceful music with very nice chemistry and harmonies. 

#23 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@Red said:
" Either 

Or 
   While I really liked The Suburbs, I felt it had a few too many songs that were just "OK".  "
That's how I felt the first time I heard it. But damn if the songs don't grow on you over time. 
#24 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -

Too many greats to pick just one... 

Top 5 would be 
Titus Andronicus - The Monitor 
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs 
The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt 
The Chemical Brothers - Further 
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor

#25 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -
@nrain: This is an excellent record, but it came out last year ;) 
Mine has to be Basho Basho by kidkanevil 
#26 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU said:
" @Red said:
" Either 

Or 
   While I really liked The Suburbs, I felt it had a few too many songs that were just "OK".  "
That's how I felt the first time I heard it. But damn if the songs don't grow on you over time.  "
Same here. Now I really like almost all the songs, the only couple I'm not too fond if are Rococo and Half Light II.
#27 Posted by Rourkey (180 posts) -
@kagato said:
" Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

"
This
#28 Edited by Deckard (74 posts) -

Crystal Castles (II) and LP4 - Ratatat.

#29 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -

Like others have said, The Suburbs. Along with This Is Happening by LCD Soundsystem, Li(f)e by Sage Francis, Congratulations by MGMT, and Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus are all I can think of right now. I did, however, discover a lot of older music this year. If those count then I'd have to add Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) to the list, Skreamizm Vol. 4 and Vol. 5 by Skream, Liquid Swords by GZA/The Genius, Revolutionary Vol. 1 by Immortal Technique, Fevers and Mirrors by Bright Eyes, and Ten by cLOUDDEAD. (Actual spelling.)

#30 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@amlabella said: 
Same here. Now I really like almost all the songs, the only couple I'm not too fond if are Rococo and Half Light II. "  
I can only listen to Rococo if I'm in a particularly good mood. But I could probably listen to 'The Suburbs' or 'We Used to Wait' in constant rotation all day.
#31 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

The best album of every year. 

I only put that cause it's the last album I really listened too. Not a big person on buying albums.
#32 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU:  

So many weak albums this year. Ugh. 

But for me, it's Learning by Perfume Genius.
#33 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@gingertastic_10 said:
" The best album of every year. 

No arguments here.
#34 Posted by NubMonk (209 posts) -

Either "Plastic Beach" by Gorillaz or "Belus" by Burzum. I don't think i've listened to any other 2010 albums, at least none i can think of off the top of my head.

#35 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -
Kvelertak – Kvelertak     

Just listen to that god damn powerfull last minutes of "Utrydd dei svake". Even if you don't like metal it's as epic as it gets. 
#36 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@nrain: Awesome album but it came out last year. 

For me it's either Immersion - Pendulum or A Thousand Suns - Linkin Park. Honourable mention goes to Netsky's self titled album. 

Im sure im forgetting many albums that came out this year but whatever.
#37 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -
@Kibblez said:
"
"
Such a good album. Such... a good album.
#38 Edited by frythefly (200 posts) -

#39 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@Tyashki said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"  BY FAR   "
"
This. 

Perfect chapter lay it to rest
#40 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -
@HellBrendy said:

" Kvelertak – Kvelertak     

Just listen to that god damn powerfull last minutes of "Utrydd dei svake". Even if you don't like metal it's as epic as it gets.  "
Fucking love you, I made a blog post about it that noone cared about, I was mad.
#41 Posted by jackbag (209 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" @nrain: Awesome album but it came out last year."  

That's what I thought. Such a great album, though.
#42 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2478 posts) -

The new Radiohead album, and its not even out yet.

#43 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -
@jackbag: Ah yes so it was! sorry about that, I just assumed it was due to the awards it just won.
#44 Edited by SuperSambo (2868 posts) -

Bullet for my Valentine - Fever

Or

Four Year Strong - Enemy of the World
#45 Posted by Phog_of_War (215 posts) -

Lamb of God.  You can go ahead a lock the thread now.  :-D
#46 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -
@kagato said:
" Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

"
PISH.

Who wants to hear Bruce sing about his job with his airline company in an Iron Maiden album? I mean, even the single was bad...the song they rely on to sell the album in the first place. The final froooooontiiiiiier.....repeat x8

I don't usually force my opinion upon others but I wipe my arse with your taste in music.
#47 Posted by kariyanine (217 posts) -

I'm really enjoying the new Slash album, Eminem's Recovery and Disturbed's Asylum

#48 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -
#49 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
" The new Radiohead album, and its not even out yet. "
OH SHIT, I forgot all about that :D
#50 Edited by nywt (439 posts) -

Mine is easily Imperfect Harmonies by Serj Tankian with Li(f)e by Sage Francis being a close second.