#1 Posted by teh_destroyer (3574 posts) -

I know we all enjoy a good beer, I do too. But sometimes we are just too broke to buy that expensive $15 12 pack of New Castle, so we have to go with the cheap stuff. Personally, as cheap as it is, I really enjoy Fosters Premium Ale quiet a bit, its can contains almost 3 beers and downing 2 of them gets me drunk. A can in my area is also only $2.

#2 Edited by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -

The beer of champions. 
No, but seriously I'd rather drink goat piss.
#3 Edited by audiosnag (1582 posts) -

Apparently PBR has now become a hipster beer. I think that's bullshit, that stuff is cheap and it tastes pretty good. Hipsters don't own that beer damnit, me an my roomates lived on that stuff.
James Ready is pretty good too. It'll get you drunk!

#4 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Yuengling is by far the greatest of the super cheap beers.

#5 Posted by LordKisame (23 posts) -
#6 Edited by Devil240Z (3430 posts) -

Rainier is my beer. But I think its local. Not sure if its sold nation wide. I can see the mountain pictured on the can from my house. 

But right now I am drinking something thats brewed just down the street from my house. Too bad its $10 for a six pack. 
#7 Posted by htr10 (351 posts) -

Genny is our local cheap beer that is pretty popular, but I don't drink it anymore.  A few years ago, I went through about 40 cans of Genny in a week and I swear that it burned a hole straight through the top of my mouth.  $1 PBRs and Old Viennas are not too hard to find if you go to those bars that are always empty, yet somehow stay in business forever, so that's a pretty good option.  don't know much about PBR being taken over by hipsters other than it makes sense since hipsters tend to try to steal anything that is cheap.
#8 Posted by nemt (858 posts) -

#9 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@Enigma777: Blasphemer!!

We're talking cheap right?  When I used to party you couldn't beat the price.  I think it was like $15 for a 30 pack.  
#10 Posted by JoeyF (110 posts) -

My official beer of SXSW!

#11 Posted by Empirepaintball (1397 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
"
The beer of champions. 
No, but seriously I'd rather drink goat piss. "
That shit is goat piss. Granted, it's CHEAP goat piss, but none the less...
#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

#13 Posted by yakov456 (1923 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac
I don't know what gated development you come from but Yuengling is not super cheap. I'll usually go with Miller High Life.
#14 Posted by nemt (858 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
"

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

I don't know what gated development you come from but Yuengling is not super cheap. I'll usually go with Miller High Life.

"

Yuengling is super cheap in Pennsylvania.
#15 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac
I don't know what gated development you come from but Yuengling is not super cheap. I'll usually go with Miller High Life. "
I live in a trailer in the woods. XD
Yeungling is like $6.50 for a six-pack. That is pretty cheap to me. Most of the beer I really like is $8 to $10, but I can't always spend that much money. I will not drink Miller High Life to save my life.
#16 Edited by nemt (858 posts) -

The primer and gunpowder in ammo already contain oxygen, most modern firearms would work fine in space.

This is one reason why we need to discuss this topic.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the space crime topic.  I am leaving it here though.

#17 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -
@nemt said:
"

The primer and gunpowder in ammo already contain oxygen, most modern firearms would work fine in space.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the space crime topic.  I am leaving it here though.

"
lol, What if you're drunk driving your shuttle or moon rover?
#18 Posted by yakov456 (1923 posts) -
@nemt
@yakov456 said:
"

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

"

I live in Philly. If you say super cheap beer I would think bottom tier: Miller High Life, Milwaukees Best, PBR, Natty light/ice. Yuengling is not super cheap.
#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

I have a soft spot for:

Though now it sort of tastes like water to me.
#20 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
" @nemt
@yakov456 said:
"

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

"

I live in Philly. If you say super cheap beer I would think bottom tier: Miller High Life, Milwaukees Best, PBR, Natty light/ice. Yuengling is not super cheap. "
Alright, let me put it this way. It's the cheapest beer I will buy. I don't even look at Miller or Bud, etc, because I know I already hate all those beers, but Yuengling I can tolerate. :P
#21 Edited by nemt (858 posts) -
@yakov456 said:

"

@nemt

@yakov456 said:
"

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

"

I live in Philly. If you say super cheap beer I would think bottom tier: Miller High Life, Milwaukees Best, PBR, Natty light/ice. Yuengling is not super cheap.

"

You must not have experience buying beer from a distro then.  Yuengling is as cheap as Miller, Bud, etc.
#22 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@audiosnag said:
" Apparently PBR has now become a hipster beer. I think that's bullshit, that stuff is cheap and it tastes pretty good. Hipsters don't own that beer damnit, me an my roomates lived on that stuff.James Ready is pretty good too. It'll get you drunk! "
PBR's totally a hipster beer now-a-days. That's right up there with Fat Tire & Red Stripe as the hipster's drink of choice.  I drink it because it's cheap and not completely horrible like Bud Light is, not because I want to make a stupid ironic statement on allegiance to brewing companies.

With that said, Miller Lite (In a BOTTLE, not a can) would be my favorite, go-to cheap domestic beer. IMO, it's great tasting, not extremely filling & gets you drunk fairly easily. That's an A+ in my book.

#23 Posted by The_Grindilow (433 posts) -
@LordKisame:  Good call! I love Efes, get it in my local pub in England too which is pretty cool.
#24 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2398 posts) -

Homemade all the way.

#25 Posted by McNaastyy (114 posts) -

#26 Posted by Nocall (356 posts) -

old style. my grandpa drank it. my dad drank it. i drink it.

#27 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

The cheapest thing I usually drink is Carlsberg, I get it in 2 packs of 4 for £6. Any cheaper than that is Carling, which I find undrinkable, followed by Supermarket home brands, and they literally are piss in a can. Usually I just spend the extra £2 and buy Budweiser.

#28 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

HONEY, it's cheap and taste ok.

#29 Posted by Nocall (356 posts) -
@VinceNotVance said:
" @audiosnag said:
" Apparently PBR has now become a hipster beer. I think that's bullshit, that stuff is cheap and it tastes pretty good. Hipsters don't own that beer damnit, me an my roomates lived on that stuff.James Ready is pretty good too. It'll get you drunk! "
PBR's totally a hipster beer now-a-days. That's right up there with Fat Tire & Red Stripe as the hipster's drink of choice.  I drink it because it's cheap and not completely horrible like Bud Light is, not because I want to make a stupid ironic statement on allegiance to brewing companies.

With that said, Miller Lite (In a BOTTLE, not a can) would be my favorite, go-to cheap domestic beer. IMO, it's great tasting, not extremely filling & gets you drunk fairly easily. That's an A+ in my book.

"
Fat tire has become a hipster beer?? Dammit...stupid hipsters ruining everything I love.
#30 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

KUNG!

#31 Edited by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

I drink real Ale, which is always super cheap anyway, so I'm always on the cheap stuff lol. £1.80-£2 a pint is what I'm talking 'bout. That is from pubs anyway.

#32 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -
Yuengling is the best! 
#33 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

There's a local beer called Northern up in my neck of the woods which is my go-to for cheap beer. Under 50 cents a can, and remains pretty drinkable. I can't stand Pabst Blue Ribbon.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -

I only drink hard liquor.

#35 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -
@Nocall said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
" @audiosnag said:

"
Fat tire has become a hipster beer?? Dammit...stupid hipsters ruining everything I love. "
I don't care if it's 'hipster,' Fat Tire is great!
#36 Posted by udabenshen (179 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
"
Rainier is my beer. But I think its local. Not sure if its sold nation wide. I can see the mountain pictured on the can from my house. 

This.  Too bad it is slowly being PBRed by Seattle hipsters.
#37 Posted by nemt (858 posts) -

PBR has been a hipster beer for years, it's not some new development.

Also I doubt that guy who said he lives "in Philly" actually does otherwise he'd recognize Yuengling AND Lionshead as the de facto PA cheap beers.

#38 Posted by Devil240Z (3430 posts) -
@udabenshen: Isn't Rainier basically just PBR in a different can anyway. Also I live in Olympia but Oly Hipsters are pretty fucking annoying. Do they sell Fish Tail beer where you are. its pretty good, but not cheap. Its brewed in Oly, my best friends mom is a bartender at the bar where their brewery is in downtown Olympia. 
#39 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I dont really like beer anymore, i blame that on a bad bad night out i had where i dont remember what the hell happened

the only beer i can some what tolerate is guiness!!
#40 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Super Bock.

#41 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -
@Nocall said:
" old style. my grandpa drank it. my dad drank it. i drink it. "
Old Style is like Chicago's natural spring water. 
And I definitely agree. Old Style for the win.
#42 Posted by artofwar420 (6311 posts) -

Rolling Rock.

#43 Posted by Burzmali (448 posts) -
@Nocall said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
" @audiosnag said:

"
Fat tire has become a hipster beer?? Dammit...stupid hipsters ruining everything I love. "
Goddamn hipsters ruin everything. We drank PBR in college because it was $9 a case and a mere $0.75 a can at the bar we most often went to. 2 years later it was at every prep party and the price had jumped to $14 a case and $1.50 a can at the bar. Boo popularity!

Back to the original topic, the cheapest beer I'll buy is Lost Lake. Used to cost $4 for a 12-pack. It's barely drinkable, but it gets the job done. Get two of those and a $6 handle of Gilby's vodka to go with them and you can get plowed all week long.
#44 Edited by awe_stuck (797 posts) -
@nemt said:
"

"
Are you saying that rockets would work in space?

My cheap beer is heineken perfect for the summer.
#45 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Yuengling is cheap and good.
#46 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

Some local brand I'd guess, like Saku or A le Coq. We have some foreign cheap ones like Budweiser, Heineken and Fosters but I'd rather drink raw sewage than those. Well, not raw sewage per se, but... you get my Idea. I'd rather not drink beer if it has to be some cheap awfulness.

#47 Posted by AOR (70 posts) -

I can drink whatever. PBR is probably the best because it's the cheapest and I'm in no position to be drinking Midas Touch or Oatmeal Stouts or whatever the hell else. Rolling Rock is also a good one.

#48 Edited by melcene (3034 posts) -
@teh_destroyer said:

" I know we all enjoy a good beer, I do too.

"

I don't enjoy beer, period.  Hard liquor, mixed drinks, or bitch beer pls.
#49 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Just give me a can of Coors Light. I'll make do.

#50 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

If cheap beer is my only option I just won't drink. Life is too short.