• 112 results
#1 Posted by SpoogeMcduck (191 posts) -

So a couple of my favorite movies that I can watch over and over(despite being completely dumb) are Eurotrip and Jay and SIlent Bob Strike Back. Oh, and Strange Brew. Anyone have any other good suggestions for movies along the same line?

#2 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1189 posts) -

Dumb and Dumber

#3 Posted by Orbitz (67 posts) -

Army of Darkness is completely stupid but very watchable. First thing that popped into my head. My movie collection doesn't have a lot of comedies in it.

#4 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Any answer other than Kung Pow is wrong.
This video pretty much sums it up.

#5 Posted by wemibelec90 (1747 posts) -

The Fifth Element is probably my favorite movie people consider "dumb." I've seen it dozens of times and it never gets old. Parts of it are absolutely cringeworthy (especially the Chris Tucker parts...), but I still really love that movie.

#6 Edited by TheHT (11526 posts) -

Torque

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

I dunno, if you're going to classify Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back as a dumb movie, then it seems like a pretty broad category.

#8 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

I dunno, if you're going to classify Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back as a dumb movie, then it seems like a pretty broad category.

Yeah I'd say there's a difference between clever stoner/toilet humor, and actually dumb dumminess!

#9 Edited by Sinusoidal (1661 posts) -

Mel Brooks is the master of the "dumb" comedy: Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, etc.

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (5306 posts) -

Pretty much my entire DVD collection.

#11 Edited by IBurningStar (2189 posts) -

Kung Pow. I have seen the film so many times I can basically quote the entire thing from beginning to end. I no longer need to watch it, because I can play it out in my head.

#12 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1258 posts) -

Austin Powers.

#13 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1788 posts) -

Probably Kung Pow for me, too. I haven't seen it in ages, but I fucking love that movie. I'm still hoping for a sequel one of these days.

#14 Posted by Abendlaender (2838 posts) -

Shoot'em up and Army of Darkness and

#15 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4851 posts) -

Commando.

That movie is so goddamn dumb but infinitely watchable (and funny).

#16 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

D.E.B.S. I guess. That movie's pretty dumb

#17 Posted by CooVee (146 posts) -

The Naked Gun movies. RIP Leslie Nilesen.

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5821 posts) -

Zoolander for sure.

#19 Edited by laserguy (446 posts) -

Creepvan is awesome.

#20 Posted by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

Demolition Man.

#21 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Iron Sky.

(Unofficial subtitle: Nazis on the MOON!)

#22 Posted by pyrodactyl (2190 posts) -

Taken. Oh Liam Neison, how could you act so straight in a movie that dumb.

#23 Edited by brutushayesosu (134 posts) -

UHF or Gremlins 2

#24 Edited by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Commando. Or pretty much just Arnold Schwarzenegger's entire filmography, but mainly Commando.

#25 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4235 posts) -

Clerks.

#26 Edited by xyzygy (10032 posts) -

@randomhero666 said:

Any answer other than Kung Pow is wrong.

This video pretty much sums it up.

Man, they didn't include the part where she's trying to "mend" his hands and squeezes lemons and salt into his wounds and then smashes a thermometer and wants him to rub it in her hair. Best part.

Also, Knocked Up was pretty awesome and pretty dumb.

#27 Edited by Mezmero (1967 posts) -

Equilibrium is duuuuuuumb. But whats not to love about gun kata? Seeing a lot of movies I like in this thread. My tastes must be dumb.

#28 Edited by Cyrus_Saren (536 posts) -

Dumb & Dumber

Black Sheep

Tommy Boy

BASEketball

#29 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5739 posts) -

@liquidus: Of course, always a solid answer. I'd be tempted to say something like Total Recall or Starship Troopers but both films have strong underlying points and are only dumb on the surface (not to mention incredibly entertaining); Verhoeven is awesome. I guess ultimately I wind up with 90's-early 00's movies that are equal parts good and bad, like Independence Day or the Patriot; entertaining and humorous all in one. If Verhoeven is the king of intentionally humorous and reasonably insightful action movies then Roland Emmerich is the king of unintentionally humorous and extremely entertaining movies.

Kung Pow is a good movie to remember and laugh but not really that re-watchable past the first couple of times.

The Princess Bride and Holy Grail could both be construed as "dumb" but I think both are too smart to be classified as that; the two funniest films ever made by my estimation.

#30 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1210 posts) -

Sahara

#31 Posted by Daneian (1245 posts) -

Crank 2: High Voltage

#32 Edited by thediabolicalbm (12 posts) -

Breaker! breaker!/commando

#33 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

Shoot Em' Up, probably.

#34 Posted by geirr (2637 posts) -

Dubbed Jackie Chan movies from the 70s and 80s.

#35 Posted by altairre (1215 posts) -

@mezmero said:

Equilibrium is duuuuuuumb. But whats not to love about gun kata? Seeing a lot of movies I like in this thread. My tastes must be dumb.

I love Equilibrium but you're totally right, it's fucking dumb as hell.

#36 Edited by rentfn (1282 posts) -

BASEketball, The first time I watched it I wasn't really a fan but now I love it. I saw Olympus has fallen the other day. That is a pretty great dumb action movie.

#37 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I wouldn't count comedies as dumb movies. They're being dumb on purpose so that doesn't count.

I kinda love the fast and the furious movies, they're AWFUL, but for some reason i love watching them. They're so unintentionally funny. I can quote half of the first movie.

"BULLSHIT ASSHOLE! NO ONE LIKES THE TUNA AROUND HERE!"

#38 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5808 posts) -

Street Fighter from 1994.

#39 Posted by Digiwth (152 posts) -

COMMANDO

AT NO POINT DOES THAT MOVIE GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING

#40 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

2 fast 2 furious is pretty fucking dumb and somehow I always enjoy watching it.

Street Fighter from 1994.

This as well.

#41 Edited by shinboy630 (1163 posts) -

@randomhero666: Kung Pow is simply the king of dumb movies. Kudos to you, good sir.

#42 Posted by Bistromath (632 posts) -

Terrorvision.

#43 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -

The Dark Knight

#44 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

The Expendables!

#45 Posted by supermonkey122 (835 posts) -

Transformers

#46 Posted by MOAB (411 posts) -

Dumb and Dumber

this is one of the few movies i liked as a kid that still holds up. billy madison? the fuck was wrong with me? :/

#47 Posted by biggiedubs (499 posts) -

I have to say, you guys are amateurs.

Here's two of mine:

I swear to god, there's a scene in which a stunt guy who looks nothing like Alec Baldwin, pretends to be Alec Baldwin in a scene in which his character runs down a street.

He couldn't even be bothered to fucking run.

#48 Edited by Butano (1746 posts) -

Expendables 2. They miss their target with a missile and STILL manage to kill a group of baddies. That movie was way more fun than the first.

#49 Posted by Epidehl (309 posts) -

The first Mortal Kombat movie would definitely be up there, as would a lot of other movies already mentioned in this thread. Especially Kung Pow. Fucking LOVE that movie.

#50 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

This film is pretty damn dumb.