• 112 results
#51 Posted by Mezmero (1765 posts) -

I wouldn't count comedies as dumb movies. They're being dumb on purpose so that doesn't count.

This guy has a point. It's too easy find something dumb in every comedy.

@altairre said:

@mezmero said:

Equilibrium is duuuuuuumb. But whats not to love about gun kata? Seeing a lot of movies I like in this thread. My tastes must be dumb.

I love Equilibrium but you're totally right, it's fucking dumb as hell.

Yeah I know how you feel. Wait, no! I'm not feeling! You're the one who is feeling!

#52 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

Surprised Bad Boys 2 hasn't been mentioned yet. It's very enjoyable and dumb as hell.

#53 Edited by Ryuku_Ryosake (202 posts) -

Dumb & Dumber

Black Sheep

Tommy Boy

BASEketball

Yes. Yes. Yes. All of these yes. Tommy Boy happens to be my favorite movie. I would also like to add Joe Dirt to this list. It is certainly terrible but every time I watch it I like it more and I have watched it A LOT. Also Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison also qualify depending on how much you let later Sandler poison your view on these movies.

#54 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

The first Mr. Bean movie is pretty fantastic.

#55 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

I saw Dude Where's My Car? as part of a 420 movie marathon and it was pretty entertaining.

And do bad movies count as dumb movies? If they do you gotta check out Birdemic Shock and Terror.

#56 Posted by SomberOwl (628 posts) -

Clerks and Clerks 2

#57 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

Kung Pow,Blades of Glory, Spaceballs, Hot shots, and History of the world part 1.

#59 Posted by Stonyman65 (2569 posts) -

Bio Dome, Spaceballs, Beverly Hills Ninja, Dumb and Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Highlander 2: The Quickening, Big Trouble in Little China, RoboCop 2, Starship Troopers, Demolition Man...

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head....Yeah, I like a lot of dumb movies.....

#60 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -
#61 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6037 posts) -

Tango and Cash, and just about every Schwarzeneggar/Stallone/Kurt Russell big dumb actioner from the late seventies to the mid-to-late eighties.

The A-Team and Tokyo Drift come immediately to mind too. I'm really fond of modern-ish big dumb action movies that don't necessarily pander to the lowest common denominator. I'm also super fond of Syfy's original movies. It's not so much an ironic liking as something more like a guilty pleasure. I get that they're awful. I know they make me a worse person for having wasted an hour and a half on 'em. But Pterodactyl? Drucula 3000? I eat that shit up with a spoon.

#62 Posted by ichthy (468 posts) -

I'm not normally one for physical comedy, but this scene had me in stiches.

#63 Edited by Hailinel (23676 posts) -

Wayne's World is amazingly dumb, and yet hilarious.

Also, holy shit. How could I forget Jackie Chan's City Hunter.

#64 Edited by Humanity (8712 posts) -

Just today I watched WANTED again - thats a really fun dumb movie.

#65 Edited by Slag (3903 posts) -

Demolition Man or Airplane

#66 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Fast Five. It's amazing more people aren't saying Fast Five. IT'S SUPER DUMB.

#67 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

@daneian said:

Crank 2: High Voltage

Only to be surpassed by Crank 3: Amplitude Vs Resistance.

#68 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Dead or Alive (the Takashi Miike film, not the video game movie adaptation. (Warning: some brief NSFW stuff in here).

#69 Posted by MrT (162 posts) -

Heartbeeps is the greatest movie ever made... by Andy Kaufman.

#70 Edited by Krataur (337 posts) -

The Ace Ventura movies.

#71 Posted by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -

Street Fighter. The Jean-Claude Van Damme one. It's great.

#72 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Grandma's Boy.

#73 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Greatest fucking movie ever made:

#74 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
#75 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@ravenlight:

wow, that looks fucking awesome

Pretty much any movie by Miike is the best/dumbest movie ever. Check out Happiness of the Katakuris and Ichi the Killer for the range of his madness/genius.

#76 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard is my go-to recommendation for dumb comedies since not many people saw it when it initially came out. It's the perfect movie for when you're just drinking with your buddies and wanna laugh your asses off. It has an awesome cast too.

#77 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@ravenlight:

wow, that looks fucking awesome

Pretty much any movie by Miike is the best/dumbest movie ever. Check out Happiness of the Katakuris and Ichi the Killer for the range of his madness/genius.

I've seen Ichi (holy fuck) and 13 Assassins (amazing), but it's kind of hard to find his movies.

#78 Posted by beeftothetaco (419 posts) -

Commando/Predator.

#79 Edited by myketuna (1644 posts) -

@winternet said:

2 fast 2 furious is pretty fucking dumb and somehow I always enjoy watching it.

You and me both, 'cuz.

Aw man, Paul Walker in that fucking movie.

#80 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

Anchorman has been, and will be the king of dumb shit for the foreseeable future.

On the other end of the dumb spectrum though we have mother fucking Bad Boys 2

#81 Posted by gaminghooligan (1402 posts) -

I'm just gonna leave this one here:

and I quote: "He can fly?"

#82 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

Such a shit movie but an arnold classic.

#83 Posted by SpoogeMcduck (176 posts) -

Dang, thats a lot of movies I'm going to have to check out. I think my favorite bad Arnold movie is Last Action Hero, people didn't like it but I thought it was pretty spiffy

#84 Posted by Fobwashed (1886 posts) -

Bring it On and Ready to Rumble are two of the dumbest, best movies I've ever seen. I must have seen em both at least a dozen times. . . I know they're dumb, but they're also brilliant.

Spirit fingers and What Would Jimmy King Do?

Excellent.

#85 Edited by Fobwashed (1886 posts) -

Bio Dome, Spaceballs, Beverly Hills Ninja, Dumb and Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Highlander 2: The Quickening, Big Trouble in Little China, RoboCop 2, Starship Troopers, Demolition Man...

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head....Yeah, I like a lot of dumb movies.....

Fuck you! There's nothing dumb about Big Trouble in Little China! That movie is pure gold!

#86 Edited by Sarnecki (690 posts) -

Bad Boys 2 is like, the definition of your favorite dumb movie. It is SO dumb, but it's also a TERRIFIC movie.

#87 Edited by Zeik (2188 posts) -

Big Trouble In Little China is actually pretty darn dumb, but it's a good kind of dumb.

#88 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

A Night at the Roxbury is my go-to good but bad film recommendation.

#89 Posted by Stonyman65 (2569 posts) -

@stonyman65 said:

Fuck you! There's nothing dumb about Big Trouble in Little China! That movie is pure gold!

I mean "dumb movies" in the best way possible. I think Big Trouble in Little China is THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE. I love that movie more than anything to be perfectly honest.

Like, 'recite every single line' type of love. Same with Demolition Man, Bio-Dome and Spaceballs.

#90 Edited by Shaunage (677 posts) -

The two National Treasure movies.

#91 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Weirdly, all of the physical DVDs of weird eastern movies I own were purchased at record stores.

I know a few Miike films are on Netflix and Amazon is always a reliable, above-board option.

--

EDIT: I have no idea why it linked your reply to my profile :/

#92 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@stonyman65 said:

Big Trouble in Little China is one of the greatest movies ever made. Anyone that says differently deserves to be damned to the Hell of the Upside Down Sinners.

#93 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Weirdly, all of the physical DVDs of weird eastern movies I own were purchased at record stores.

I know a few Miike films are on Netflix and Amazon is always a reliable, above-board option.

--

EDIT: I have no idea why it linked your reply to my profile :/

Yeah, I would think Amazon or YesAsia would be the way to go (when I have money). And that link to the profile thing is a bug I've had happen too.

#94 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

Rocky 4 such a masterpiece...

#95 Posted by meaninoflife42 (490 posts) -

Commando. I will never look at shopping the same way again:

#96 Posted by Subjugation (4715 posts) -

Guilty pleasure : Mortal Kombat

I can't believe the movie is almost twenty years old.

#97 Posted by Clonedzero (4038 posts) -

@gaminghooligan: Yeah Sci-fi originals are pretty solid for the "so dumb its enjoyable" category. I actually really enjoy watching most of them, since well they're AWFUL and I have this weird fetish for awful action/sci-fi/horror movies. (awful comedies are the worst though UGH).

I'd rather watch an action movie thats so bad its funny than a comedy thats so bad its not-funny.

That asian guy from Community and the Hangover movies, i forget his name, but he's the WORST. UGH i hate him so much, he's so fucking annoying and un-funny and for some reason people keep giving him roles in shit. I hope he dies of painful cancer or something, fuck that guy.

#98 Edited by Halfdeaf (70 posts) -

I haven't seen it yet, but this movies has the potential to be the dumbest movie ever made.

#99 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

Kung Pow for me too!

#100 Posted by Pox22 (342 posts) -

So happy someone else mentioned Ready to Rumble.